The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Simply social
Great :smile: which assessment day did you go to?
Not heard anything else yet since original offer, have you?
Look forward to meeting you again or first time! X

Not heard anything since the offer either. I attended on the Thursday?? What about you? I'm so happy and looking forward to January :smile:
Original post by julier
Not heard anything since the offer either. I attended on the Thursday?? What about you? I'm so happy and looking forward to January :smile:

I was on the Thursday too! Yes can't wait either :smile: wonder if we were in the same group!
Reply 462
I was on the Thursday too! Yes can't wait either :smile: wonder if we were in the same group!

oh I'm really curious who you are now!! haha I was in the group that did the written assessment in the morning....
Original post by julier
oh I'm really curious who you are now!! haha I was in the group that did the written assessment in the morning....

Me too lol! Funny :wink:
I have been offered a place!! So to everyone in the reserve pool there is hope! If someone has dropped out this early there's still many months! Good luck!
Reply 465
Original post by earlyyears1
I have been offered a place!! So to everyone in the reserve pool there is hope! If someone has dropped out this early there's still many months! Good luck!

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. They either have to decline their place now or have problems with their references. I think if people drop out closer to January the places just won't be filled. It's a shame because I think people will definitely drop out before January but not now, which means us poor reserves will miss out :frown:

Congratulations on getting a place and good luck!
Out of curiosity has anyone seen a template of the forms sent out to referees? I wonder what questions they ask?
Hi everyone I attended the assessment day for East Midlands Partnership...its been about 4 weeks now, has anyone heard anything? I rang and was told that they have applied for a reference from my University Tutor...I haven't received a letter/email/call to advise either way.
Reply 468
Original post by Vejetable
i was exhausted too! I applied to greenwich but also said I'd consider other boroughs. Do you think we might hear by the end of this week or is it too soon?! X

It will be two week tomorrow, so we could hear back this week, but I reckon it will be next week. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but would just be so pleased if I got a place!

L
Reply 469
Original post by smellymelly1
Hi everyone I attended the assessment day for East Midlands Partnership...its been about 4 weeks now, has anyone heard anything? I rang and was told that they have applied for a reference from my University Tutor...I haven't received a letter/email/call to advise either way.

Hi, I called Penna and they advised me I have a place, but that I would recieve a telephone call too to confirm this. I haven't had my call yet... I know that they only made their decisions last Tuesday so there may be a backlog in making the calls to successful and reserve list applicants so I'm not worrying too much, but if it gets to the end of next week with no news then I think another call to Penna may be in order. Good luck!!
Reply 470
Original post by earlyyears1
congratulations!!! Great news! I bet you are so pleased!!xx
Original post by deeniep
Hi, I called Penna and they advised me I have a place, but that I would recieve a telephone call too to confirm this. I haven't had my call yet... I know that they only made their decisions last Tuesday so there may be a backlog in making the calls to successful and reserve list applicants so I'm not worrying too much, but if it gets to the end of next week with no news then I think another call to Penna may be in order. Good luck!!

The lady I spoke to didn't seem to sure and said that I would receive a call, but still nothing so far. I don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed!! Please keep me updated....if you receive a call etc :smile: thanks!!!!
Reply 472
Original post by Bombidia
It will be two week tomorrow, so we could hear back this week, but I reckon it will be next week. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but would just be so pleased if I got a place!

L

I think probably next week too, or longer if the wait for the assessment is anything to go by!
i just really can't judge how it went on the day as I thought that most people there seemed really good! I don't think the group session I was in went too well though as halfway through we had to be told to remember the brief and stop asking questions to the young people! Xxx
Thank you! Yes I meant that there's still time for things to happen that could create spaces for reserves. Good luck everyone!!
Reply 474
Original post by julier

Hi Julier

congratulations you must be very pleased a great achievement especially with all the competition.
I attended Tooley street on the 9.7.13 for the London south East regional partnership, I phoned Penna today and they said that the results hadn't been issued, can anybody put me out of my misery? I was told that I would receive an email if it was a negative and a phone call if I was to be offered a place. Has anybody received a phone call who went to this assessment day?:o:o
Reply 475
Original post by expectant
Hi Julier

congratulations you must be very pleased a great achievement especially with all the competition.
I attended Tooley street on the 9.7.13 for the London south East regional partnership, I phoned Penna today and they said that the results hadn't been issued, can anybody put me out of my misery? I was told that I would receive an email if it was a negative and a phone call if I was to be offered a place. Has anybody received a phone call who went to this assessment day?:o:o

I was at Tooley St the day after you and have yet to receive anything. They said 2-3 weeks so any day between now and Wednesday I suppose! Will post when I hear good or bad.

L
Reply 476
Me too lol! Funny :wink:

well i must know who you are!! ha i was a bit too stressed on the day to remember names :P description please!! lol x where are you from?
Reply 477
Hi everyone. I went to an assessment centre on 11th July for Surrey. I just called penna and they said that there was a problem with the scoring so we would hopefully find out next week!

The assessment day was well organised but every other part of our assessment has been a bit of a mess. Hope the course is better organised if I get through!
Original post by julier
well i must know who you are!! ha i was a bit too stressed on the day to remember names :P description please!! lol x where are you from?

Funny I can't remember either but just looked and think you were sat next to me in group discussion. Will send you a private message x
Reply 479
Original post by creamtea
Hi everyone. I went to an assessment centre on 11th July for Surrey. I just called penna and they said that there was a problem with the scoring so we would hopefully find out next week!

The assessment day was well organised but every other part of our assessment has been a bit of a mess. Hope the course is better organised if I get through!

Yes, I emailed them and asked, I was there for Bromley on 10th, and they said we would hear next week. It is torture! I am a nightmare at the moment!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending