The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

how many marks would the direction be worth on the final question??
Just out of curiosity, if for example i am resolving forces perpendicular to the slope, would i lose marks if i don't denote the (arrow upwards) before doing my working?
Reply 402
Original post by Dravidian5
Just out of curiosity, if for example i am resolving forces perpendicular to the slope, would i lose marks if i don't denote the (arrow upwards) before doing my working?

Doubt you would, if you reached the answer whilst using F=ma you usually get all the marks
Original post by Robbie242
Doubt you would, if you reached the answer whilst using F=ma you usually get all the marks

Thanks alot :smile: also for the lift question if i put the arrow down and take the acceleration to be positive i would still get all the marks right?
Reply 404
Original post by Dravidian5
Thanks alot :smile: also for the lift question if i put the arrow down and take the acceleration to be positive i would still get all the marks right?

I suppose you would, acceleration upwards -a acceleration downwards a, as long as u got the right answers u'll get full marks
Original post by Arsey
There is not much point speculating about boundaries... try to put it out of your mind and wait and see. My money is on 63 for an A; although, I am rather surprised so many on here thought it was a tricky paper, so it could be a little lower.

Hi Arsey, I know this is a late post about this exam, but is it possible to tell me how the marks are going to be awarded for question 3. So how many A1, M1, B1 marks there will be for this question? Thanks
Reply 406
Anyone have the official mark scheme now that they've been released? I want to find the marks for working having royally bummed this up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 407
Original post by MathsNerd1
Link me to the relevant threads and I will. :smile:

M1 please :smile:
Original post by Giant
M1 please :smile:

Here are both the UK and Int mark schemes, enjoy
Reply 409
Original post by MathsNerd1
Here are both the UK and Int mark schemes, enjoy

Needless to say you are a true 21st century hero.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi19956
Needless to say you are a true 21st century hero.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy I could help :smile:
Reply 411
no marks for suvat or the lift question, this isn't looking good. Though I did manage to bag about 3 marks in the final part of the last question
Relieved I only lost 2 marks on the resolving question due to a sign error. Also I might get 1 mark for the last question hopefully if grade boundaries are low I can still get an A.
Reply 413
Happy they awarded the FT marks on the moments question! Probably 63/75 overall and I estimate the boundaries to be lower than usual for this paper..
Original post by Loiks94
Happy they awarded the FT marks on the moments question! Probably 63/75 overall and I estimate the boundaries to be lower than usual for this paper..

For me it's 64/65 I think it'll be 60 for an A at least.
Reply 415
Original post by Loiks94

58/75 and I may have a chance at 90ums. Dropped 6 marks on suvat 3 marks on lift 1 mark on final q and 1 mark on bearings 75-(6+3+1+1)=64/75, though still I am not sure what I'll get for the motorbike q
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 416
Original post by Robbie242
58/75 and I may have a chance at 90ums. Dropped 6 marks on suvat 3 marks on lift 1 mark on final q and 1 mark on bearings 75-(6+3+1+1)=64/75, though still I am not sure what I'll get for the motorbike q

I think 59 will be an A. 72/75 on Core 2 that's easily 90+ and already got 92 on Core 1 so really only need 60/100 ums on M1 for an A!!
Original post by Loiks94
I think 59 will be an A. 72/75 on Core 2 that's easily 90+ and already got 92 on Core 1 so really only need 60/100 ums on M1 for an A!!

I think 59 is far too low for an A, unfortunately. It was an OK paper. As much as I hope it is because I made stupid mistakes,...that's being a bit too optimistic.
Reply 418
Can anyone predict the raw marks needed for 100 UMS, 90 UMS, and 80 UMS for this M1 paper? (Uk paper)
Original post by Kurraiyo
Can anyone predict the raw marks needed for 100 UMS, 90 UMS, and 80 UMS for this M1 paper? (Uk paper)

Seeing it was just a bit easier than 2009 I'd expect 57-60 for an A, 63-66 for 90 UMS and 69-72 for 100 UMS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending