The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Just wondering but, do you watch the big animes (animes with 150+ episodes)?

EDIT:
And if you were suggested to watch one from the beginning, would you think about watching it given it will take you 57.5 hours on average of accumulative watching to catch up? =P

After stubbornly refusing to pick up anything over about 50 episodes for quite a few years, I eventually picked up One Piece, one of the longest out there. :p: It took me over a year to catch up (not a year of continuous viewing, obviously, I tended to marathon each arc individually, often with gaps of a month or more inbetween), but I figured there's no rush. :nah: Aside from that, the only 150+ ep series I've watched is Urusei Yatsura, a classic.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
After stubbornly refusing to pick up anything over about 50 episodes for quite a few years, I eventually picked up One Piece, one of the longest out there. :p: It took me over a year to catch up (not a year of continuous viewing, obviously, I tended to marathon each arc individually, often with gaps of a month or more inbetween), but I figured there's no rush. :nah: Aside from that, the only 150+ ep series I've watched is Urusei Yatsura, a classic.

Would you ever consider picking up Fairy Tail, Naruto or Bleach?
Or are you too busy with other anime you need to watch? =P
Would you ever consider picking up Fairy Tail, Naruto or Bleach?
Or are you too busy with other anime you need to watch? =P

I'd certainly consider them. Especially Fairy Tail, since I read and liked the Rave Master manga by the same creator. I am a bit busy with some other, *not quite as long* series at the moment though, namely Candy Candy and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I should probably finish those first. :p:
I don't suppose anyone knows when Higurashi: Outbreak is due to be released do they?
Been looking for it FOREVER since the announcement and nothing! DX

On a side note, I suppose I am happy given I just found out the Blue Exorcist movie is released the day before my birthday on DVD which means I should be able to find a good quality subbed version on my birthday. :biggrin:

Been wanting to see this for ages! :tongue:
Finished the Chronicles of the Heroic Knight manga... abrupt ending, as was the case with the other two Lodoss series, but it was great revisiting the story anyway. :smile: Just need Deedlit's Tale for my collection now (I read it scanlated years ago, but will buy it for the sake of completion), and after that I'll have to seek out The Demon of Flame (the only one not to be published in English, so scanlations will have to do).

For now though, I'll take a break from Lodoss to pick up the Cross Game manga! It's been years since I watched the anime, so again I figured I'd revisit the story, this time in its original manga form.

*After School Nightmare vol. 1 arrived in the post yesterday, and Knights of Sidonia is due in a day or two - is skint, but happy* :biggrin:
Reply 4905
*After School Nightmare vol. 1 arrived in the post yesterday

Ah, I'm quite a fan of this series, it's a good take on intersex people and there's a consistent dark/eerie atmosphere. I thought the series went OOP, as I would love to own the series but to get a decent copy of the first volume is quite pricey -.-
Original post by Naami
Ah, I'm quite a fan of this series, it's a good take on intersex people and there's a consistent dark/eerie atmosphere. I thought the series went OOP, as I would love to own the series but to get a decent copy of the first volume is quite pricey -.-

I was lucky enough to find six volumes in a 3-for-2 offer at Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton (would never have gone there if I hadn't missed my train connection, so that ended up being ridiculously good luck). The first volume wasn't amongst them, hence why I've been unable to start the series until now, but I was able to get a decent copy from Amazon marketplace for about £15. :biggrin: Not bad considering the saving I made on the rest!
So happy, just found a subbed version of the blue exorcist movie. =)
Subs grammar could be more desirable but at least you get the basics! XD

http://www.phianimetv.info/ao-no-exorcist-movie/

EDIT:
Don't suppose anyone knows the ending credits song do they?
(Same song as in the trailer)

EDIT2:
Never mind, found out what it is called. =)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4908
I was lucky enough to find six volumes in a 3-for-2 offer at Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton (would never have gone there if I hadn't missed my train connection, so that ended up being ridiculously good luck). The first volume wasn't amongst them, hence why I've been unable to start the series until now, but I was able to get a decent copy from Amazon marketplace for about £15. :biggrin: Not bad considering the saving I made on the rest!

Wow, that is lucky! :yep: That reminds me I need to take a trip down to FP myself - haven't been there in ages!
Just wondering but does anyone know of any anime shops (in the highstreet)?
I know you can find tonnes online but the high street is a bit more difficult. =l
Just watched the first 4 episodes of Rave Master, well, certainly one of the older animes I have watched. =P
2001 - 2002...

I don't know why (well, could probably give a good guess lol) as to why I keep comparing it with Fairy Tail but when I do this, it just doesn't seem up to par and am thinking of stopping. Advice?
Just watched the first 4 episodes of Rave Master, well, certainly one of the older animes I have watched. =P
2001 - 2002...

I don't know why (well, could probably give a good guess lol) as to why I keep comparing it with Fairy Tail but when I do this, it just doesn't seem up to par and am thinking of stopping. Advice?

That's not old! :zomg: The earliest (TV) anime I've watched would be Jungle Taitei/Kimba the White Lion, 1965-1966. :giggle: Which is the first colour anime, hence why I thought it was worth a look. I haven't watched much else from the 60s or early 70s, if only because a lot of it isn't subbed, but I love most 80s and 90s animation/manga styles. :biggrin:

On Rave Master... well, it is Hiro Mashima's earlier (and I believe his first) work, so it's no surprise he'd have learned from his mistakes and made improvements for Fairy Tail. I though the manga was fun, if nothing special, but I've heard the anime ends abruptly. :s: Can't give much advice besides suggesting you stop watching it if/when it stops being entertaining. :dontknow:
That's not old! :zomg: The earliest (TV) anime I've watched would be Jungle Taitei/Kimba the White Lion, 1965-1966. :giggle: Which is the first colour anime, hence why I thought it was worth a look. I haven't watched much else from the 60s or early 70s, if only because a lot of it isn't subbed, but I love most 80s and 90s animation/manga styles. :biggrin:

On Rave Master... well, it is Hiro Mashima's earlier (and I believe his first) work, so it's no surprise he'd have learned from his mistakes and made improvements for Fairy Tail. I though the manga was fun, if nothing special, but I've heard the anime ends abruptly. :s: Can't give much advice besides suggesting you stop watching it if/when it stops being entertaining. :dontknow:

You mentioned a shop earlier about you picking up a manga, which shop was it?
Does it sell anime too?
Just finished reading the manga where Fairy Tail meets Rave Master - One of the funniest manga chapters I have ever read! XD
You mentioned a shop earlier about you picking up a manga, which shop was it?
Does it sell anime too?

Ah yes, I saw your earlier post asking about shops just as I was about to leave for work and meant to reply, but forgot about it. :redface:

Forbidden Planet mostly focus on comics/manga, but the ones I've been to (Birmingham and Bristol - I didn't stop to look in Wolverhampton, I just went straight for the manga :p:) also had fairly decent anime selections. As good if not slightly better than what you'd find at your average HMV or CEX, at least. :yes: Here's a link to their store list. :smile:

[EDIT] And another link to another store list. Don't know whether 'Forbidden Planet' and 'Forbidden Planet International' are two seperate companies, but they sell similar stuff either way. :hmmmm2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Am so watching this next month! XD

[video="youtube;JLwOutsU0ws"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JLwOutsU0ws[/video]

Who knows, maybe 3 plues.

1 from Rave Master
2 From Fairy Tail
Gemini transforms into 3. XD
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah yes, I saw your earlier post asking about shops just as I was about to leave for work and meant to reply, but forgot about it. :redface:

Forbidden Planet mostly focus on comics/manga, but the ones I've been to (Birmingham and Bristol - I didn't stop to look in Wolverhampton, I just went straight for the manga :p:) also had fairly decent anime selections. As good if not slightly better than what you'd find at your average HMV or CEX, at least. :yes: Here's a link to their store list. :smile:

I can assure you, you will be lucky to see like 4-5 anime DVDs in my local CEX shop, I can also assure you they are NOT flying off the shelves...

I was so happy when I saw a complete DVD set of Death Note in there I bought it before anyone else had a chance...
I epic fail for that store you mention...

Epic Fail....PNG
I epic fail for that store you mention...

Epic Fail....PNG

Did you see the second link that I edited in? Here it is again if you missed it.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/stores/

Like I said, haven't a clue what the difference between 'Forbidden Planet' and 'Forbidden Planet International' is, but maybe one of these stores might be a bit closer? :dontknow:
My CEX has a decent range, considered picking totally random anime dvds up for cheap and watching them :smile: Ideally a first season though which is harder.

Latest

Trending

Trending