The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fabregas future should be sorted by end of week now barca have a random coach
Original post by ledleyking123
Fabregas future should be sorted by end of week now barca have a random coach

I can just see the big wigs sitting there "Hmmm...which coach shall we have...eeny, meenie, miny, mo".

Do you mean random, or just obscure/not as well known in Europe?
Reply 7282
I absolutely loved RVN, was an absolute beast upfront, apart from Falcao you don't see many like him anymore. Hernandez improves every year and is becoming more and more complete, I fully believe he can take the mantel of RVP in games this season, imagine Hernandez on front of Kagawa and someone like Cesc, in a sense Chelsea should be after Hernandez more than Rooney, he would thrive with their creativity.
Reply 7283
Honestly except for maybe Anderson I think now everyone should be kept with the issues we are having with getting players in, let Moyes have a season with the players to decide who fits his aims and see what form they can generate under a different manager, then in January or the end of the season they can be sold on if Moyes deems them surplus to requirements.
Reply 7284
Original post by qasidb
Zaha of course, he's looking great at the moment. I'd also like to get Valencia a shot as well again, just to see if he's able to be the same Valencia of 2011/12 and not the one of 2012/13. If not then sell him in the January transfer window. If Nani's staying then I want to see if he's also back to his old self.

Original post by DaveSmith99
I'd keep Valencia just because of how absolutely devastating he was the year before last, and he has a good attitude and will be on lowish wages. I'd keep Nani as well as he can be fantastic and can play on both flanks, he wasn't really given a consistent run of games last season which always makes it harder. I'd get rid of Young if I could pick one to go, but with his wages I doubt we'd be able to find a buyer.

Zaha looks like he has everything he needs to be an incredible player.

I agree with both of you on Zaha. He should be given a fair shot in the first XI.

But another reason why I believe Valencia should be sold is because of Nani.

I believe Nani plays best on the right wing. It's no wonder he has been inconsistent for a while when he's been asked to play on the left.

With Nani, you have someone who has pace and trickery to beat his man and get a cross in. But you also have a man who can cut onto his left foot, dribble and shoot. Valencia can't do this (or at least not on a regular basis).

I believe Nani at his best is a far superior player to Valencia and should have a run of games on the right.

Valencia should be benched or sold, unless Nani fails to perform and Valencia somehow gets back to his best.
Original post by Cable
Ok. I can kind of agree with you on Young. At his best, he's obviously a good player. But generally, he's very predictable and average. I don't know whether this is due to a lack of games or not. Perhaps, he should be sold.

I know Valencia did well when he first came to MU. But a lot of that was down to teams not knowing how to handle him at the time and the presence of Rooney up front to get on the end of his crosses.

However, teams now know that the best way to beat Valencia is to try and get him onto his left foot, rather than allowing him to use to right foot to bomb down the touchline and cross it in. Additionally, RVP is not the traditional English striker who cherishes crosses from the wings. He likes the ball played to his feet (although he can score from headers anyway). I don't think Valencia matches RVP and Kagawa's type of football.

So I'm not sure whether Valencia will be much use in future to MU. But I guess he should be given another chance to prove himself next season.

I think Valencia tried to add more to his game last season and it didn't work, instead of getting the ball and just belting it down the touchline he took a touch, stopped and looked for a short pass or tried to cut in. You could see him trying to use his left foot more and trying to loft crosses in instead of just drill them hard and low. If he just sticks to what he's good at then he can still be a very effective player, and even though RVP might not favour his type of play, he will still create a load of chances and all he or someone else has to do it get a toe on it and its a goal. RVP will get the ball played to his feet the way he prefers it from Kags, Nani/Zaha/whoever we play on the other wing, Carrick etc.
Reply 7286
Original post by Idle
Honestly except for maybe Anderson I think now everyone should be kept with the issues we are having with getting players in, let Moyes have a season with the players to decide who fits his aims and see what form they can generate under a different manager, then in January or the end of the season they can be sold on if Moyes deems them surplus to requirements.

You're right. It's the sensible thing to do, I suppose.
Reply 7287
Original post by DaveSmith99
I think Valencia tried to add more to his game last season and it didn't work, instead of getting the ball and just belting it down the touchline he took a touch, stopped and looked for a short pass or tried to cut in. You could see him trying to use his left foot more and trying to loft crosses in instead of just drill them hard and low. If he just sticks to what he's good at then he can still be a very effective player, and even though RVP might not favour his type of play, he will still create a load of chances and all he or someone else has to do it get a toe on it and its a goal. RVP will get the ball played to his feet the way he prefers it from Kags, Nani/Zaha/whoever we play on the other wing, Carrick etc.

Fair point. I suppose having Valencia would provide some balance to the likes of Kagawa.

Hopefully, he improves because it was painful to watch him at times last season.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7288
Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 4m
"This is their opportunity and they're not disappointing me. The young players are doing well" - David Moyes. #mutour

Think we might see a lot from Januzaj and Lingard this season then? I assume Zaha's in that list but I expect he'll play regardless.

Original post by Idle
Honestly except for maybe Anderson I think now everyone should be kept with the issues we are having with getting players in

We can't really get rid of Anderson as we have no midfielders, even if we buy one that's only four for two/three positions.
Hernandez was actually our second highest goalscorer last season, he outscored Rooney in all competitions. 18 goals in 36 sporadic appearances, I'm not sure you could find another striker in the world who maintains that kind of hit rate off such a random assortment of games. For me, while he scores like that off the bench he should be in the squad, he's got a bit of a thing against Chelsea too which is always funny.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Hernandez was actually our second highest goalscorer last season, he outscored Rooney in all competitions. 18 goals in 36 sporadic appearances, I'm not sure you could find another striker in the world who maintains that kind of hit rate off such a random assortment of games. For me, while he scores like that off the bench he should be in the squad, he's got a bit of a thing against Chelsea too which is always funny.

Yeah he had the best goals per minute ratio in the whole league last season, whatever you think about him you can't let someone with that record go.
Have we not got any central Mids coming throigh
Have we not got any central Mids coming throigh

There's Tunnicliffe, doubt he's good enough though
Ben Pearson but.. yeee.. hes going to be a while
Hopefully by Friday fabregas is sorted one way or another
Reply 7295

Didn't you say that about Thiago? :biggrin: I think predicting transfer moves is not a forte of your's.
Reply 7296
Original post by Musester
Didn't you say that about Thiago? :biggrin: I think predicting transfer moves is not a forte of your's.

what do you have to gain by trolling? just stop its not necessary

Just never learn.
Reply 7298
Original post by cost
what do you have to gain by trolling? just stop its not necessary

How on earth is that trolling? It's an observation. He went on about Thiago a few weeks ago quoting all sorts of Twitter accounts about how it was a done deal and obviosuly it never was. Come Friday night, things will be no different and Fabregas will still be a Barca player.
Adnan Januzaj vs Yokohama F-Marinos

Zaha vs Yokohama F-Marinos

I could watch that performance from Zaha time and time again. He was our best player today and for me, he has been our best player on tour.

Edit: Januzaj was okay today, but he can do better, much better.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest