The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Nightclub bouncers rough to boys, harmless to girls

Anyone else notice this? They seem to like roughing up boys but all they do is leer and stare at the girls.

Am I stereotyping? Yes. But I think I have a point.

I've never ever seen a bouncer being rough to a girl I'm sure they're too scared of the consequences

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't imagine why I would be any different...

I really wouldn't like to see them roughing up the girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I got kicked out once for literally no reason, I just came dancing out of the toilet (fair enough I was about done for the night anyway but still) into the middle of the club and one of the bouncers just grabbed me from behind and led me out. To this day I have no idea why.
Reply 3
double standards right!?!?!?

bet if a bouncer punched a man the police would do jack but if he punched a girl he would go to jail for 10 years
Original post by JD95
I got kicked out once for literally no reason, I just came dancing out of the toilet (fair enough I was about done for the night anyway but still) into the middle of the club and one of the bouncers just grabbed me from behind and led me out. To this day I have no idea why.

did you do the robot bro?
Original post by JD95

You must have been legless.
Reply 6
Original post by pinda.college
You must have been legless.

Perhaps he thought I was, in which case that would be fair enough.
I'm usually to drunk to care.
Reply 8
Original post by yaboy
double standards right!?!?!?

bet if a bouncer punched a man the police would do jack but if he punched a girl he would go to jail for 10 years

I doubt any bouncer has ever felt threatened enough by a female to need to hit her.... A group of pissed up guys mouthing off and trying to be hard lads, is a different story.

I've seen both sides.. Both power crazy bouncers and plenty of drunk guys, to know its 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thetino
I doubt any bouncer has ever felt threatened enough by a female to need to hit her.... A group of pissed up guys mouthing off and trying to be hard lads, is a different story.

I've seen both sides.. Both power crazy bouncers and plenty of drunk guys, to know its 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't understimate drunk girls, they can be just as worse.

One local girl in my town was known for trying to poke out men's eyeballs during night outs with her Stilettos (sp?)
Reply 10
if you cant do you teach if you cant teach you teach PE if you cant teach PE you end up a bouncer... theyre the singular most stupid 'people' i have met... although once in a while a nice one comes up, very rare though
RAPE!!!!

That's why.

But if you're known as a girl beater, you can't use your power as a 5'8'' middle aged bald guy with six foot wide shoulders to have sex with all the eighteen year olds that want to get in for free.
Reply 12
A girl can easily take them to court, send them to jail an leave them penniless
Reply 13
90% of the time, most trouble caused in a club that needs security intervention is caused by boys. Boys usually require more physical power to be overcome, and can cause a lot more harm when fighting than girls do - it's not double standards, it's just the truth.
Original post by cl_steele
if you cant do you teach if you cant teach you teach PE if you cant teach PE you end up a bouncer... theyre the singular most stupid 'people' i have met... although once in a while a nice one comes up, very rare though

Wow. Someone really hated PE in school. :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Izzyeviel
Wow. Someone really hated PE in school. :tongue:

My PE teacher made the commandants at the Gulags look like nice pleasant folk :colonhash:
Original post by -aimz
90% of the time, most trouble caused in a club that needs security intervention is caused by boys. Boys usually require more physical power to be overcome, and can cause a lot more harm when fighting than girls do - it's not double standards, it's just the truth.

This. The only trouble i've ever seen on a night out is from pissed up idiots trying to be 'LADs'. Big difference between that and simply being kicked out, you don't need to restrain or ''rough up'' someone for that.
Reply 17
In my home town lets just say that the girls are less 'refined' than elsewhere and I have seen bouncers kick them out and break up fights between them all the time. For some reason everyone has a vendetta against bouncers, so long as you don't act like a knob and don't get absolutely smashed they'll leave you be.
Reply 18
I don't even acknowledge them anymore....most venues I go to will have about two for the entire venue and they will be scared if anyone kicks off anyway.
Original post by Thetino

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went in to a club (once) I just drank coke, because well I don't drink, and I was with some friends, and the bouncer literally pushed me out the way and said "MOVE" . I did nothing wrong at all...

Thing is they can probably get away with it because most people are too drunk, or if you complain they could say you were drunk, because it's to be expected in a night club I guess

Latest

Trending

Trending