The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
Original post by Sabertooth
Tbh man......I'm kinda afraid to talk to her about this. I want to talk to her about random crap to distract myself from them but telling her exactly what's going down is scary :colondollar: I'm afraid of the consequences.

Thanks for replying btw. Hope you're doing better than me. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could try playing a coop game with her maybe, that way she gets to play her games and you get to talk to her during it about something else. Just a thought.

It's no problem, i'm doing anything i can to pass the next two weeks. If i don't get this job i'll have to wait a whole year and do my final year at uni on my own when all my mates will have graduated already, but if i do get it i'm worried i'll suck at it and they'll fire me because i have no self confidence...

Life eh. Responsibility sucks!
Reply 4861
I really need to sleep but my stupid brain won't shut up. :cry:
Decided to got to uni this year if I get in. Now I only have a bit over a month to get everything ready. :eek: not sure if i'm quite ready for uni if i'm honest but I think it will be better than a gap year all on my own.
I'm worried i'll loose contact with all my current friends though. I don't know how much time i'll have to see them since we're going to different unis. I may only have a few months left of being friends with them. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
You could try playing a coop game with her maybe, that way she gets to play her games and you get to talk to her during it about something else. Just a thought.

It's no problem, i'm doing anything i can to pass the next two weeks. If i don't get this job i'll have to wait a whole year and do my final year at uni on my own when all my mates will have graduated already, but if i do get it i'm worried i'll suck at it and they'll fire me because i have no self confidence...

Life eh. Responsibility sucks!

Possibly....I could try asking. Thanks.

Good luck with the job; I spent 3years at uni totally alone it was awful - definitely wouldn't advise it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4864
Original post by superwolf
Really good to hear you're still doing ok, and that you're not letting little things bring you down. :five:

I'm not doing too great - having a housing crisis that I can't do much to sort out, have to wait for other people to make their moves, and it's really stressing me out. And stressed superwolf is invariably depressed superwolf. :s-smilie:

Thank you! I really hope it is a turn for the better but a little break is better than nothing :smile:.

Oh no :hugs:. Since there's nothing you can do other than wait is there anything you can do to relax/ help distract yourself? I had a housing struggle in France... it was almost impossible to find a place to and I felt like such a burden with the family I was staying with while I found my own place so when I finally found somewhere it was such a relief. Hope it gets sorted soon :jumphug:.

Original post by Sultana
It's difficult, because lots of the people in my actual life really just confirm how bad I am. And people who say nice stuff seem to just conveniently forget about some pretty major non-nice stuff. Also are basing their opinion on a tiny snapshot through the interwebs. I dunno. Being home is so bad for me in some ways cos I just regress into being a child who believes everything her mum tells her. Thanks for the nice reply though. :hugs:

Are you still doing things for uni, or are you on holiday now til the autumn?

--
In other news I think I've completely cracked. Things I've laughed hysterically (and by that I mean that kind of manic laugh that turns into sobbing if you're not careful) at today: pouring water into an empty teapot and wondering why my tea was so weak, nearly finishing some embroidery only to realise I've sewn the front to the back, a picture of an otter, someone negging a post I made a year ago complaining about people's magic ability, not being able to put on my jumper because it wasn't my jumper it was a blanket. I'm crazy :crazy:

Oh Sultana :jumphug: I'm so sorry people put you down in real life. Hearing people say you're this and that doesn't help at all (the same happens with me) but I don't think it's a reflection on you... you're such a nice person and despite everything you're carrying on no matter how difficult things are. I think there is good in almost everyone and very few people in life are truly bad. I can't actually think of any non-major nice stuff (sorry if you've posted about it before) but everyone goes through bad moments, some small some really bad but it doesn't generally make them bad people.

But I do understand what you're saying about it being hard to see what someone is really like via the Internet because you've written how I often feel when people on here say nice stuff to me so I hope I don't come across as completely disregarding how you feel :console:.

I officially passed my year abroad so I'm just waiting to start my final year. But as I study two languages it's recommend to go on a language course for the other language which would mean going abroad but I cannot bare to leave home again. So I'm going to try and revise and maybe see if there's a course closer to home. What about you?

--
I've had moments like too and they scare me... it does feel like you're going crazy because you can't control it and when I look back I just think 'what the ****' then end up laughing it off. I hope it calms down... sounds like it's happening a lot :hugs:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by james1211
I think it's harder to remember/recognise someone who is anon, especially #29. I'm sure people aren't ignoring you though, sometimes when it's busy posts can be overlooked :frown:

Want to chat about anything?

I normally actually post here not anon, but I just didn't feel like making that particular comment with my usual username :colondollar:, maybe to see if it'd make much difference to reponses.
Didn't tell my gf about what happened yesterday. Spent the day wearing a cardigan and using strategically placed pillows and cushions.

Today I'm volunteering with teenagers and I'm wearing a cardi and I'm just hoping nothing happens that requires me to take it off. So nervous. Gf was trying to help me to pick out outfits earlier and everything was short sleeves and wouldn't look right with a cardi. Found a top eventually but now I look like a primary school teacher. I have a full week with the teens on a residential next week and I'm just feeling so nervous about keeping covered especially if it's warm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4867
Hi everyone, sorry about not posting for such a long time! I have a good reason, I promise.

And that reason is

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1374654014.824114.jpg

Scott Harry Fletcher was born on Saturday 20th July at 6:38am, weighing 7lb5oz.

I've been in hospital for a very long time, not only the mental health unit over the past 3 weeks but also having to stay in the maternity ward after the birth. Now we are home and I'm feeling very good, even if a little sleepy. It's good to not have a big bumpy baby belly any more, and the most amazing little man to show for all the trouble over the last few weeks.

Birth story (not for faint hearted!):

Spoiler

I really want to thank Tyrion_Lannister and Anonymous#1 for their awesome support over the last few weeks, so if you guys see this I appreciate what you've done for me more than you will ever know.

Spoiler

Reply 4868
Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone, sorry about not posting for such a long time! I have a good reason, I promise.

And that reason is

I've been in hospital for a very long time, not only the mental health unit over the past 3 weeks but also having to stay in the maternity ward after the birth. Now we are home and I'm feeling very good, even if a little sleepy. It's good to not have a big bumpy baby belly any more, and the most amazing little man to show for all the trouble over the last few weeks.

Spoiler

I really want to thank Tyrion_Lannister and Anonymous#1 for their awesome support over the last few weeks, so if you guys see this I appreciate what you've done for me more than you will ever know.

Spoiler

Oh gosh, he is absolutely beautiful. Massive, massive congratulations on building him! I'm so glad he's healthy, and I hope the next few weeks and months aren't too tough, and that you enjoy all the lovely baby snuggles.

Make sure you remember that you don't have to feel ok all of the time. The fact that you have an amazing son doesn't mean it's not allowed to be hard, so don't go feeling guilty for the difficult bits. I'm here if you ever want to talk, either on Skype or by pm. :hugs:
Reply 4869
Original post by HmMusic

And that reason is

Spoiler

Spoiler

Omgosh congratulations. He is absolutely beautiful. Makes me all emotional :smile: and well done you! You can do this, we all have faith in you and are here if you need any support!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic

And that reason is

Spoiler

Spoiler

[scroll]:party: Congratulations! :party:[/scroll]

p.s. your mystery prize is in the post. :ninja:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HmMusic

And that reason is

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hes amazing! You should be so proud! And it looks like youv really bonded with him which is awesome! Hes there to bring you joy and happiness and his smiles will cheer you up so much! Congratulations on your perfect bundle :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
MHSS has gone all gooey. :lol:
Just to let all you rory lovers know that hes contemplating coming back after a month :woo: hes been so strong recently and im so proud of him. Yesterday he was super amazing though he was supportive of me and he did so well in our secret meeting which now means were getting a bit more support in a secretive part of our life which youll all find out soon enough :smile:

But hes still smiling and cracking jokes and being the amazing person he is. And he does keep asking about you guys :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4874
Original post by HmMusic

And that reason is

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's beautiful! Congratulations :hugs:.
Original post by PonchoKid
Just to let all you rory lovers know that hes contemplating coming back after a month :woo: hes been so strong recently and im so proud of him. Yesterday he was super amazing though he was supportive of me and he did so well in our secret meeting which now means were getting a bit more support in a secretive part of our life which youll all find out soon enough :smile:

But hes still smiling and cracking jokes and being the amazing person he is. And he does keep asking about you guys :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM!
Original post by HmMusic
x

Congratulations! :eek: He's absolutely beautiful. :love: You're so brave! :hugs: Wishing you both all the best. :yep:
Original post by HmMusic

And that reason is

Spoiler

Spoiler

Congratulations x
Original post by HmMusic

And that reason is

Spoiler

Spoiler

Congratulations! Hope you can catch up on your rest soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest