The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Computer Animation and Visual Effects

Made Teesside my firm choice a few months ago now and just applied for accomodation..trying to find anyone else doing this course in September! :0)
Reply 1
Original post by mash_PARIS
Made Teesside my firm choice a few months ago now and just applied for accomodation..trying to find anyone else doing this course in September! :0)

Hi there!
I have applied for the same course :smile:
Did you apply for the university accommodation?
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
I'll be studying Computer games Animation- its a different course to yours but incredibly similar :smile: we may even have a few classes together
Reply 3
Woo! Hi there! :0) Really didn't think I was gonna get a response on here lol but I've found a few other people on our course through the Freshers Facebook page.
I've applied to accomodation, just paid my deposit for Woodlands, how about yourselves?
Reply 4
Woo! Hi there! :0) Really didn't think I was gonna get a response on here lol but I've found a few other people on our course through the Freshers Facebook page.
I've applied to accomodation, just paid my deposit for Woodlands, how about yourselves?

I applied for the accommodation yesterday. Couldn't decide which one to go for :P
Finally decided to put woodlands as my first choice. Hope I'm not too late :redface:
Are you on the same course? (BA in Computer Animation and Visual Effects)
Reply 5
Haha it was a tough one, considering I didn't see any of the accommodation at my interview day! lol :s-smilie: But it was the en-suite that made me choose there lol.
I think you'll be alright as long as Teesside was your Firm, they should give you your first choice from what I gather. :0)
And yeah, that's the course I'm on, I'm Melanie btw. :0)
Reply 6
Haha it was a tough one, considering I didn't see any of the accommodation at my interview day! lol :s-smilie: But it was the en-suite that made me choose there lol.
I think you'll be alright as long as Teesside was your Firm, they should give you your first choice from what I gather. :0)
And yeah, that's the course I'm on, I'm Melanie btw. :0)

Hi Melanie! :biggrin:
Oh nice! So I will probably see you in September :redface:

And I hope they do. They said it will take a couple of weeks :frown:
Can't wait to find out where I will be staying :tongue:
I really want to do computer animation at uni, but I'm not sure what to put in portfolio. Any pointers? I know they want a lot of still life work and strong art skills but they mentioned to show evidence of problem solving... what would that be?
Reply 8
Original post by AlphaDog0127
I really want to do computer animation at uni, but I'm not sure what to put in portfolio. Any pointers? I know they want a lot of still life work and strong art skills but they mentioned to show evidence of problem solving... what would that be?

I'm not sure what they expect you to show for problem solving. I submitted all my work (sketches,paintings in PS,2D and 3D animations) I guess that was sufficient but I have completed a one year diploma course in Animation so I'm not sure if that makes a difference :tongue:
Give it a try :smile:
Reply 9
Yeah I'm not sure what they mean by that either, I've also just completed my one year at uni doing Art and Design, so I took my best pieces of work from each area, life drawings, perspective drawings, graphics, even a sample of textile work I'd done. Although they expect that you've not had any experience with any animation programs, I think they like to see you have some knowledge about what software is used; I made some simple models in 3ds Max, using tutorials on Youtube and put those in my portfolio, they weren't great cause I never used the program before but it was the main thing my interviewer(s) talked with me about...I thought my interview went rubbish, I was so nervous, my voice started to go! lol

Original post by n287
I'm not sure what they expect you to show for problem solving. I submitted all my work (sketches,paintings in PS,2D and 3D animations) I guess that was sufficient but I have completed a one year diploma course in Animation so I'm not sure if that makes a difference :tongue:
Give it a try :smile:

Original post by AlphaDog0127

Quick Reply