Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton Primary PGCE 2013

Anybody starting this September?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by peanutbutter28
Anybody starting this September?

Hi, ive passed my QTS tests as part of the conditions for Wolves. However, they also want me to take a Non Cognitive Assessment. I was unsure of how to go about this so i contacted them, they replied saying that Saville Consultancy will email me about this. That was in May, but i am yet to hear from them. So im not sure whats gonna happen now?
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I also haven't received the email of saville consulting. I have contact the university several times about this issue, and now i am unsure of what to do.
Reply 3
I've emailed them several times but all I've been told is that I should accept my offer on evision and then I will be emailed shortly afterwards by saville consulting. The only link available to accept the offer is the one that redirects you to GTTR. I'm not sure if that's what they're talking about?
Either way, the non cognitive assessment is not government required rather advised. So surely they can't reject our offer!
Saunders92,when did you pass your QTS tests? And what did admissions say to you about saville consulting contacting you?
Reply 4
yes, you have to go onto GTTR to accept it.
they said they have re sent them my details and that i should get an email shortly. but as they have sent my details of twice already with no response from them, i doubt whether i will get the information this time or not.
I passed the QTS tests beginning of June.
Have you passed them yet?
Reply 5
I'm starting in September; passed all the conditions set by the Uni so ready to go! :smile:

Trying to find someone from to share lifts or petrol with as coming from Telford...
Reply 6
I'm starting September too, just had my offer turn to 'unconditional'
Reply 7
Congrats!
im still waiting on the NCA. Apparently, there's been administrative error and so on their system it appears as if I haven't accepted their offer. They told me they'll get it sorted and extend my deadline to 31st August.
But what I can't understand is how hard can it be for them to log onto their system and change my status to 'accepted'?
Reply 8
Does anybody know what day we start? I haven't heard anything...
Reply 9
i haven't heard anything either. Im sure it won't be too long.....
Reply 10
Original post by Saunders92
i haven't heard anything either. Im sure it won't be too long.....

My eVision account used to say 16th September, but when my offer was updated to unconditional it changed to the 9th September. I went into uni to check I have given them everything I needed to meet my conditions, when I was there they said freshers week was 16th September with uni not starting until 23rd September. So it's anyone's guess at the moment?!?!?
Reply 11
Original post by DazzGreen
My eVision account used to say 16th September, but when my offer was updated to unconditional it changed to the 9th September. I went into uni to check I have given them everything I needed to meet my conditions, when I was there they said freshers week was 16th September with uni not starting until 23rd September. So it's anyone's guess at the moment?!?!?

i take it you live near the uni then if you went in to check?
Oh dear. I hope they send us some information soon as there's not that long to go.
Reply 13
im sure they will be in contact soon!
Reply 14
Well from what's on the timetable on evision it says we start Uni week 2 (w/c 09 sept) Monday 9am with 6PE011 Primary Professional Studies. This goes on until 4pm with and hour lunch break...that's what I think it means anyway!
Reply 15
Original post by Saunders92
i take it you live near the uni then if you went in to check?

Yes, I live in Wolverhampton so I just went into admissions in the City Centre.
Reply 16
Original post by Bookhead
Well from what's on the timetable on evision it says we start Uni week 2 (w/c 09 sept) Monday 9am with 6PE011 Primary Professional Studies. This goes on until 4pm with and hour lunch break...that's what I think it means anyway!

I'd wait and see. From what I understand the first day at least will be course introduction and ice breaking style activities. I may be completely wrong but last years welcome / induction pack was available on my evision for a while and that's what they did last year.

Im sure well find out soon enough!
Reply 17
Has anyone received a reading list or similar? I wanted to use the summer holidays to get a head start...
Has anybody heard anything else from the uni yet?

Quick Reply