The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Just getting down thoughts/ feelings, you can read it if you can be arsed :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fell and smashed my knee in the shower today and I have another day of teambuilding activities that will probably require a hell of a lot of movement. Really not looking forward to it but I can't sit out as I'm supposed to be the one getting everyone involved.

Weighed myself this morning and i'm finally (and healthily) starting to lose my mirtazapine weight at a consistent kinda pace so that's perked me up a little. I'm hoping that the next two weeks of strenuous activities will get me back into the rhythm of working out daily.

Still having to use all my energy to avoid another relapse though. I'm hoping I'll be okay once I'm away at camp on Monday or that I'll be too tired to do anything about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4942
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
UNDER THE SEA! UNDER THE SEA! LIFE IS MUCH BETTER DOWN WHERE IT'S WETTER, TAKE IT FROM ME! :banana:

:getmecoat:

I don't randomly bring Disney songs into conversation IRL too. Promise :ninja:

It's all good!! :lol:

I always do song references in real life :colondollar:
Hey guys. Back from holiday now, had a good time :smile: Sorry these replies are so late!

Original post by rmhumphries

Wtf! Seriously, I think you are in good contention for having the most useless medical person.

Yes you do need the level of DLA you get. Given mine and SW's application for DLA, I would be surprised if there is even one person on DLA who is on a level too high. You are not lying, nor are are weak or pathetic. Listen to people who you trust, as opposed to the idiot you unfortunately got at the CMHT.

Lastly, at a point where you are hopefully feeling better, get someone to help you make a complaint, as I don't think a person like that should have the job they do.

She was definitely up there with the most useless I've ever seen... I know, I talked to my girlfriend about my DLA, and she helped calm me down because I didn't actually lie on the form, and I was honest, so I should of got the right level. She's kinda put me off the CMHT in general, but trying to tell myself that not everyone will be like that. And yeah, I will be making a complaint when I feel more up to it :smile:

Original post by moonkatt
I'd go back to the GP who made the referral and tell them what this nurse was like with you and ask to be referred again but to someone different. You have every right to ask this, I can't believe someone working in mental health would be like this. It just sound so unprofessional and dismissive. The mental health trust should have a PALS team who you could complain to, which I think you should. I'm sick of hearing about useless nurses, they make the rest of us look bad.

I'm going back to the GP next week, so I should be able to talk to her again about the referral and see what she thinks. Yeah, I found details of the PALS, so I will make a complaint at some point. I agree, I've seen lots of good nurses, she was just the exception - well, that's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway!

Original post by superwolf

:eek: That woman deserves a punch in the face! Definitely definitely complain about her, because not only is she rude, she's also dangerous being in a job working with vulnerable people. I mean just seeing her once has made you want to go off your meds, so imagine what she could be doing to people she sees more often!

Also I find making complaints when merited helps me feel better about what's happened, as you're not passively becoming a victim, you're doing something and standing up for yourself.

I know :s-smilie: I feel sorry for her clients, she must be a nightmare... Yep, sometimes a good old complaint is all you need! I'll get my girlfriend to help me right it, as I'm so uselessly unassertive. Just feel a bit put off by it really, it's a new area and my first contact with them is rubbish, I just hope not everyone is like that.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

That is so ****ing unprofessional. I'm so shocked but not surprised because I think I remember you saying people have been similar ****ty towards you before. Please don't think you're a lying attention-seeking weak pathetic person: you're none of those things whatsoever. That woman you saw was a complete bitch and didn't know what she was talking about :no:

Sorry this message is so delayed - was out of town with no TSR access, so only just seen this :jumphug:

Thank you. That's what I'm trying to tell myself, I just get really paranoid over being an attention seeker - I'm worried I am one all the time!

Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: You're not making things up, don't doubt yourself and don't listen to that complete bitch. What a moron how does someone like that even keep their job in this area?

If you think increasing the quetiapine will help you should give it a go.

Is there anything you can do to calm the voices down? I dunno some loud favorite music or something?

Thanks. Yeah I may give it a go, I'm gonna talk to my GP about it. Yeah I usually do listen to loud music if they get too much. They've been a bit better since getting back from holiday though, so that's good.

Original post by htc one s
definitely take the medication, at the end of the day her opinion doesn't mean anything, you should take care of the problem

Thanks, don't worry, I doubt my girlfriend would let me stop them anyway!

__

Hope everyone is okay :hugs:
Reply 4944
Aching all over, extremely exhausted, got to go to the ward I was staying in before the birth for a ward round meeting. I have already had to phone them twice in the past few days due to not coping. I feel like I'm ready to be discharged from the unit now but I need to make sure the proper mental health support is put in place for me. I feel like I'm going to get PND.
And here was I joining this website so I could get more information and help about my school work and there's all these members looking out for each other. That makes me think that joining was a good decision :smile:
Original post by HmMusic
Aching all over, extremely exhausted, got to go to the ward I was staying in before the birth for a ward round meeting. I have already had to phone them twice in the past few days due to not coping. I feel like I'm ready to be discharged from the unit now but I need to make sure the proper mental health support is put in place for me. I feel like I'm going to get PND.

:hugs: Try not to presume the worst. The fact that you're aware of the high risk and vulnerability towards getting PND would be half the battle won, if you DO end up getting it (not saying you will). My limited understanding of the issue is that many women suffer in silence or don't realise that something is wrong and needs medical attention. So if you can get a support system in place, likeliness is either that you won't get it, or that IF you get it it can be addressed/tackled very quickly indeed, at the early stages :hugs:

Original post by mhairicolette
And here was I joining this website so I could get more information and help about my school work and there's all these members looking out for each other. That makes me think that joining was a good decision :smile:

Welcome! :h:
Reply 4947
Original post by mhairicolette

Hello and welcome! :h: I'm glad it's made a good impression on you and there will be atleast someone here to help you if you need it :smile:
Original post by IDukem
Hello and welcome! :h: I'm glad it's made a good impression on you and there will be atleast someone here to help you if you need it :smile:

brilliant, always good to have somewhere to come talk if you need to :biggrin:
Phone call half way through job interview telling me I've got a mental health act assessment in 30 mins. You'll know what happened if I don't report back :frown:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Phone call half way through job interview telling me I've got a mental health act assessment in 30 mins. You'll know what happened if I don't report back :frown:

:frown: :jumphug: :frown:
So I have a drs appointment on Monday which will hopefully give me meds, we have another meeting on Tuesday :ninja:

But I'm terrified as I meet the boyfriends grandma tomorrow and all his family friends on Saturday :eek:

I'm feeling a bit better than last night, possibly eating has helped as well maybe :ninja:

Just want to hide this weekend though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're at the door :eek:

Good luck! :hugs:
Reply 4954

Good luck!! :hugs: :hugs:
Reply 4955
Girly stuff, beware.

Spoiler

Original post by asdfgah
Girly stuff, beware.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4957
Original post by asdfgah
Girly stuff, beware.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 4958
Sorry I've got a few PMs from you guys to reply to, but I just can't right now. I'll get back to you asap.
I literally can't do anything. I've felt unbearably low recently and it's stealing everything away. I ache from feeling so low. I literally can't. Like no way.
Reply 4959
Original post by superwolf
Hey. :smile: Don't feel bad about posting on here - we've all got a right to, no matter what the problem, or even if you just want a chat.

Have you ever been on beta blockers? You seem to be talking about the physical symptoms of having panic attacks etc. quite a lot, so do you think that with the physical symptoms gone you might be able to cope better with the mental ones? If you're open to medication then it might be something to discuss with the doctor tomorrow.

Hey, sorry i haven't been able to respond, i've been attending to other tasks. My appointment is tomorrow and i'm still nervous that i'm wasting their time and that they'll tell me i'm just being weak. I've never been on beta blockers, in fact i'm not even sure what they are. I think i could cope much better with the negative mental thoughts if there was some way i could control the physical reaction.

Thanks.

I'm having a lot of personal doubt at the minute. I feel like i'm on the wrong career path but it's too late to turn back. The interview i have in 2 weeks is keeping me stressed but i'm just as worried that if i did get the job, i'd suck at it. I'm so bad at having self confidence that i feel i'm just going to crack under any pressure, responsibility scares me a lot. But you get that in any job really so i should stick to what i'm doing.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest