The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can anyone tell me how you make a noun plural in German?

Frauen
Kinder
Manner

Er and en?

They're irregular, you need to learn them individually :tongue: but you can guess with adding -en in the end :tongue:

And it's Männer with an umlaut :smile:

Although those ending in -ung, -schaft, -keit, -heit etc all end in -en in the plural :tongue:
Reply 4581
Original post by Bambirina
That's where I'm from :P and I speak Neapolitan if anyone has questions about it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's awesome!! Is there much difference between Neapolitan and standard Italian?? (I'm assuming you speak both)

Original post by BaconEmperor
Sub-languages sounds cool but it's probably better to stick with dialects :tongue:
When exactly do you suppose you'll have the time for that then? :wink:

Yeah, I suppose :tongue:

Not entirely sure! It's one of those things I'd like to do, but probably never will!

Damn :colonhash:

German is the best going on Duolingo (in terms of losing lives... It's easy to hear as well)

I've managed to get to Level 3 German, but I kinda gave up- I found it quite hard, probably because it's very different to all the languages I've properly studied before. Saying that, I managed to get a higher score on a German past paper than one of my friends that actually learns German... mind you, whether taking German for GCSE equates to learning German in his case, I don't know :wink:
Original post by constantmeowage
They're irregular, you need to learn them individually :tongue: but you can guess with adding -en in the end :tongue:

And it's Männer with an umlaut :smile:

Although those ending in -ung, -schaft, -keit, -heit etc all end in -en in the plural :tongue:

Fair enough...

:colone: what happens to the article as well? Like die?

Original post by EmilyJayne14
Wow, that's awesome!! Is there much difference between Neapolitan and standard Italian?? (I'm assuming you speak both)

Yeah, I suppose :tongue:

Not entirely sure! It's one of those things I'd like to do, but probably never will!

I've managed to get to Level 3 German, but I kinda gave up- I found it quite hard, probably because it's very different to all the languages I've properly studied before. Saying that, I managed to get a higher score on a German past paper than one of my friends that actually learns German... mind you, whether taking German for GCSE equates to learning German in his case, I don't know :wink:

I'm level 2:colone: I'll stick to it when I'm back :ahee:
German words are so long :frown:

I'll be back to do some German when I'm back
Reply 4584
Can anyone tell me how you make a noun plural in German?

Frauen
Kinder
Manner

Er and en?

¿Aprendes el alemán TAMBIÉN? *¿Quante lingue vuoi imparare?
Original post by AquisM
¿Aprendes el alemán TAMBIÉN? *¿Quante lingue vuoi imparare?

Did you just switch to Italian?:mmm:

Voglio imparare * mucho idiomas... * en ce moment * sto imparando 4 :ahee:

But Russian and Swahili are nice... Don't want to leave them
Reply 4586
Duolingo's in a good mood today.

Just got:
Je meurs seule.

(I am dying alone) :eek:
Original post by miser
Duolingo's in a good mood today.

Just got:

(I am dying alone) :eek:

Spanish was:

I am alone in this world :ahee:
Reply 4588
Did you just switch to Italian?:mmm:

Yes I have to practise. :mmm::biggrin:

Voglio imparare * muchos idiomas... * en ce moment * sto imparando 4 :ahee:

But Russian and Swahili are nice... Don't want to leave them

Estás loco. Sin duda estás loco. Es imposible que tu cerebro pueda contener tanta información sin explotar.
Reply 4589
I'm level 2:colone: I'll stick to it when I'm back :ahee:

Awesome!!

I found it funny when I was doing French and Duolingo was asking me all about 'le poisson'.

'Le poisson est seule' :tongue:
Original post by AquisM
Yes I have to practise. :mmm::biggrin:

Estás loco. Sin duda estás loco. Es imposible que tu cerebro pueda contener tanta información sin explotar.

Trataré no explotar :mmm: no estoy loco :eek: me gustan los idiomas, *so* los aprenderé :biggrin:
Awesome!!

I found it funny when I was doing French and Duolingo was asking me all about 'le poisson'.

:ahee:

Le poisson est moi :colone: j'ai réalisé que mon français n'est pas bien... At all... :redface:
Reply 4592
Original post by AquisM

Entonces soy loca también! Quiero aprender/habler con fluidez al menos cuatro idiomas, salvo inglés! :redface:
Reply 4593
:ahee:

Le poisson est moi :colone: j'ai réalisé que mon français n'est pas bien... At all... :redface:

Oui, je sais :tongue: Non, ton français * seems * bien!
Oui, je sais :tongue: Non, ton français * seems * bien!

:ahee: no, but seriously... I did some test thing and I failed :lol:

But it was Advanced Level?:dontknow:(not a Level, as in proficiency)
Reply 4595
Trataré de (tratar de is a set phrase) no explotar :mmm: no estoy loco :eek: me gustan los idiomas, *so* (entonces/así que) los aprenderé :biggrin:

No, estás enamorado de los idiomas. :biggrin:
Reply 4596
:ahee: no, but seriously... I did some test thing and I failed :lol:

But it was Advanced Level?:dontknow:(not a Level, as in proficiency)

Ah, okay. Could you send me the test? I want to know if I fail or not :colone:

Someone on the 'learning Italian' thread just said that Italian was a pointless language :eek: *head explodes*
Reply 4597
Entonces soy loca también! Quiero aprender/habler con fluidez al menos cuatro idiomas, salvo inglés! :redface:

¿Cómo tienes tiempo de hacerlo?
Original post by AquisM
No, estás enamorado de los idiomas. :biggrin:

Enamorado?
Ah, okay. Could you send me the test? I want to know if I fail or not :colone:

Someone on the 'learning Italian' thread just said that Italian was a pointless language :eek: *head explodes*

:mad:

It's about.com :smile:
Reply 4599

I just negged him. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending