The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jellie88
Same! :frown: I don't ever do exceptionally well in English but these exams were truly bad.

yes i agree these english exams were awful. i didnt mind all the controlled assessments though but i knoe my exam result will bring my grade down a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1001
Original post by XXSimranXX
yes i agree these english exams were awful. i didnt mind all the controlled assessments though but i knoe my exam result will bring my grade down a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same about the exam result. I prefer the controlled assessments but I can't say I'm a fan of them because I just don't like English. I don't know why because before I started doing GCSE English I loved the subject :confused:
Same about the exam result. I prefer the controlled assessments but I can't say I'm a fan of them because I just don't like English. I don't know why because before I started doing GCSE English I loved the subject :confused:

hmm iv just always found it ok like i never loved it but just got on with it. The exams were a nightmare though haha atleast its all over with i supose :smile: Did u get a diffrrent teacher when you startrd gcse becuase maybe a diffrrent teaching styles what made you change your mind about the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
It depends on what you want to do and apply for at Uni... What are you thinking of doing?

Generally it is one of the more respected A Levels though, if that's what you're wondering!

Medicine. And Im not 100% sure where yet. Perhaps Imperial or UCL ?
Reply 1004
hmm iv just always found it ok like i never loved it but just got on with it. The exams were a nightmare though haha atleast its all over with i supose :smile: Did u get a diffrrent teacher when you startrd gcse becuase maybe a diffrrent teaching styles what made you change your mind about the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loved is probably an exaggeration... Let's say like a lot. Yeah, I was celebrating on the last English exam day thinking I'll never have to do the subject again :biggrin:. No that's the weird thing, I had the same teacher, she's the best one in the school and everyone (including me) thinks she's amazing!
Loved is probably an exaggeration... Let's say like a lot. Yeah, I was celebrating on the last English exam day thinking I'll never have to do the subject again :biggrin:. No that's the weird thing, I had the same teacher, she's the best one in the school and everyone (including me) thinks she's amazing!

same i was very happy to drop english and hmm maybe it was just what you were studying that you didnt enjoy haha. What i hated the most was that the workload for english just got too much right near the exams becuase we had too much to cram in such little time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1006
same i was very happy to drop english and hmm maybe it was just what you were studying that you didnt enjoy haha. What i hated the most was that the workload for english just got too much right near the exams becuase we had too much to cram in such little time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think the consistent workload was what stressed me out and made me dislike the subject. I didn't mind the actual literature bit, but there was too much pressure and I never seemed to nail how to write well enough to get my target grade. And if I ever got my target, I was always scraping the boundary. It's just not my subject haha :tongue: (and I never liked the language bit!)
Yeah I think the consistent workload was what stressed me out and made me dislike the subject. I didn't mind the actual literature bit, but there was too much pressure and I never seemed to nail how to write well enough to get my target grade. And if I ever got my target, I was always scraping the boundary. It's just not my subject haha :tongue: (and I never liked the language bit!)

yhhh thats the same with me kind of. I thought i enjoyed literature, well i found it really difficult but i did enjoy learning about everything and found it really intrresting and clever how things are written. I dont think i was ever that good at writting literature and yhh i hated language all together too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1008
yhhh thats the same with me kind of. I thought i enjoyed literature, well i found it really difficult but i did enjoy learning about everything and found it really intrresting and clever how things are written. I dont think i was ever that good at writting literature and yhh i hated language all together too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :smile:. I actually really liked analysing things but when it came to writing my own stuff...dear oh dear :wink:
Reply 1009
Original post by pinkgorilla
Medicine. And Im not 100% sure where yet. Perhaps Imperial or UCL ?

For medicine I think it would be the most competitive if you did all science based subjects (most of my friends who are trying for Medicine are doing this), but I'm not an expert myself.
Original post by Tibbz2
For medicine I think it would be the most competitive if you did all science based subjects (most of my friends who are trying for Medicine are doing this), but I'm not an expert myself.

No, unless you want to apply to Cambridge.

UCL even say that they give a small preference to people who do a contrasting subject. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1011
Original post by usycool1
No, unless you want to apply to Cambridge.

UCL even say that they give a small preference to people who do a contrasting subject. :smile:

Oh right didn't know that, like I say I'm not an expert! :smile:
How are you all feeling about your results? Ignore people who criticise you for being nervous about them, you've worked for them, they do matter in some cases, and they're still results at the end of the day :smile: I was really anxious last year and I know how frustrating it is when people tell you they're not important :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
How are you all feeling about your results? Ignore people who criticise you for being nervous about them, you've worked for them, they do matter in some cases, and they're still results at the end of the day :smile: I was really anxious last year and I know how frustrating it is when people tell you they're not important :smile:

Meeh, my feelings will depend on a level results
Original post by Lucy96

I hate it when people say they are not important!! Whether its true or not this is the thing Ive put the most effort into in my life so far!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Meeh, my feelings will depend on a level results

How come? It must be hard for you, you're getting so many results! :tongue: Though I know you'll be absolutely fine :smile:
Original post by LiamMcMorrow
I hat it when people say they are not important!! Whether its true or not this is the thing Ive put the most effort into in my life so far!

Exactly, it's unfair and I guarantee they felt nervous and worried about their results :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
x

Sorry where are my manners, good luck to you as well :smile:
Same :smile:. I actually really liked analysing things but when it came to writing my own stuff...dear oh dear :wink:

yhh thats the same with me!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1018
yhh thats the same with me!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, we''ll just suffer together then :wink:
Hehe, we''ll just suffer together then :wink:

yhh haha we'll be alright though hopefully we are just worrying over nothing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest