The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
No, unless you want to apply to Cambridge.

UCL even say that they give a small preference to people who do a contrasting subject. :smile:

So would you count economics as a contrasting subject ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
How come? It must be hard for you, you're getting so many results! :tongue: Though I know you'll be absolutely fine :smile:

Exactly, it's unfair and I guarantee they felt nervous and worried about their results :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I get good a level results, I'll be confident in my GCSEs...

If not, then it'll have the opposite effect..

Thank you:smile:
I try to keep myself busy then one day BAM i'll be reminded of the fact GCSE results are looming
Reply 1023
Original post by XXSimranXX
yhh haha we'll be alright though hopefully we are just worrying over nothing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm you will be, not sure about me though! But hopefully :redface:
hi people, i want to do economics at uni so thought i should take maths, further maths, history and economics at a level. are these the right options for economics?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah totally!!!
Original post by jellie88
Erm you will be, not sure about me though! But hopefully :redface:

noo dont say that haha i dont think i have done well im trying to be positive. Theres nothing we can really do about it now but just be hopeful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1027
noo dont say that haha i dont think i have done well im trying to be positive. Theres nothing we can really do about it now but just be hopeful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True true, I'll adopt a hopeful attitude then too :tongue:
True true, I'll adopt a hopeful attitude then too :tongue:

thats the spirit!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1029
thats the spirit!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:
Original post by LiamMcMorrow
Sorry where are my manners, good luck to you as well :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
If I get good a level results, I'll be confident in my GCSEs...

If not, then it'll have the opposite effect..

Thank you:smile:

True, but then again, as you're fully aware...A levels are harder and so you shouldn't get too disheartened! But you're going to do great! Would you be okay with an A in maths or do you want the A*? And what do you want for history? An A no less? :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
Thank you :smile:

True, but then again, as you're fully aware...A levels are harder and so you shouldn't get too disheartened! But you're going to do great! Would you be okay with an A in maths or do you want the A*? And what do you want for history? An A no less? :tongue:

I know I messed up maths, so I have an A. I'll resit the one module next year and get the A* :smile:

History, I want an A in that! I loved it :erm:
Reply 1032
I know I messed up maths, so I have an A. I'll resit the one module next year and get the A* :smile:

You "messed up" and got an A?!

Oh how frustrating, but still, an A is pretty amazing, especially at your age! And oh that's great, shouldn't be any trouble for you at all then :smile:

Aww haha, good :biggrin: history was the one subject I should have had a strong A in, I was getting 28/29 out of 30 in most mocks near the end...but I just messed up in the exams and I'll probably end up with a C or something :frown:

My thinking: "Oh the October Revolution will NEVER come up :biggrin:" chose not to revise it properly...guess what came up! :unimpressed::facepalm:
You "messed up" and got an A?!

It was one module I messed up, the A* one. The difference between an A.and A* is huge. I have leniency from AS marks.

Original post by Lucy96
Oh how frustrating, but still, an A is pretty amazing, especially at your age! And oh that's great, shouldn't be any trouble for you at all then :smile:

Aww haha, good :biggrin: history was the one subject I should have had a strong A in, I was getting 28/29 out of 30 in most mocks near the end...but I just messed up in the exams and I'll probably end up with a C or something :frown:

My thinking: "Oh the October Revolution will NEVER come up :biggrin:" chose not to revise it properly...guess what came up! :unimpressed::facepalm:

It's fine, I'm over it :smile: many people found it very hard so... It was exam pressure though. I wrote things like 5.5-2 = 3 which messed up the whole question. (did that a few times on questions)

That's great :smile: aah, at GCSE that happened to me... But at AS the exact questions I wanted came up!:biggrin: so thankfully I'm hoping it was okay. Although one 24 marker was meh.

You'll be fine :ahee:
Reply 1035
It was one module I messed up, the A* one. The difference between an A.and A* is huge. I have leniency from AS marks.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Everyone always thinks they've done worse than they actually get!
I'm sure you'll be fine. Everyone always thinks they've done worse than they actually get!

No, I know the actual answers and mine were wrong :lol: if there are follow through marks it might be okay... 60/75 minimum I hope but not enough for the A*
No, I know the actual answers and mine were wrong :lol: if there are follow through marks it might be okay... 60/75 minimum I hope but not enough for the A*

You can still get an A* depending on the grade boundaries I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1038

Oh. I hate it when that happens, when you've just made a silly mistake on a question that you could've answered perfectly. Nerves make me do that. Oh well you've got ages to fix that and retake it because you're two years ahead of the rest of us!
You can still get an A* depending on the grade boundaries I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope they're super low. I think I know one person online who has a potential full marks...

Oh. I hate it when that happens, when you've just made a silly mistake on a question that you could've answered perfectly. Nerves make me do that. Oh well you've got ages to fix that and retake it because you're two years ahead of the rest of us!

Yeah, lost me so many marks! Only 4 marks were lost on actual my knowledge... :frown:

Yeah. Thanks for the re assurance:biggrin:

Latest