The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AquisM
Yeah, I was quite taken aback by that word that I hit my head on the closet behind me. :p:p

Trató de mi mejor :colone:
Reply 4641
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Called him a word :ahee: and I have ten points already...

:mmm:

Oh I understand!

Original post by AquisM
:rofl:

Thanks! But I thought piacere conjugates according to the thing that is 'liked', not the person that likes it, no?

Of course, as I do with Italian. 你喜欢学汉语吗?

Ikr, why was he even there commenting if he hates languages so much? :confused:

Oh, it probably does :shifty: I asked myself that question, then checked Verbix and decided that 'piacciono' meant 'they like'... Awkward. :lol:

是! The only other things that I can remember off the top of my head are 你忙不忙?, 我要鸡蛋炒饭 (I did a menu course on Memrise), 谢谢 and 我叫埃米莉 :redface:

Yeah, I know! Either like and learn languages, or don't come on this particular forum :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4642
Trató de mi mejor :colone:

Traté... but it doesn't like that. Tratar de must be followed by an infinitive - it can't exist on its own. I Googled and found on WordReference that a good corresponding Spanish phrase would be dar lo mejor de uno mismo - literally to give the best of oneself. So I tried my best would be Di/He dado lo mejor de mismo.
Original post by AquisM
Traté... but it doesn't like that. Tratar de must be followed by an infinitive - it can't exist on its own. I Googled and found on WordReference that a good corresponding Spanish phrase would be dar lo mejor de uno mismo - literally to give the best of oneself. So I tried my best would be Di/He dado lo mejor de mismo.

I try, not tried :redface:

Aah, Di/He?
Reply 4644
Original post by EmilyJayne14

是! The only other things that I can remember off the top of my head are 你忙不忙?, 我要鸡蛋炒饭 (I did a menu course on Memrise), 谢谢 and 我叫埃米莉

Haha that's quite a... strange collection of phrases to remember. Do you love fried rice with egg a lot?

If you don't mind me correcting you a teeny "error", in Chinese normally we answer questions using the verb that is used in the question, so we would answer Do you like learning Chinese with 喜欢 or 不喜欢, rather than or 不是. :smile:
Reply 4645
I try, not tried :redface:

Ah, then there shouldn't be an accent.

Aah, Di/He?

Di - preterite (dar is irregular)
He dado - present perfect
Original post by AquisM
Ah, then there shouldn't be an accent.

Di - preterite (dar is irregular)
He dado - present perfect

Oops :tongue:
Reply 4647
Original post by AquisM
Haha that's quite a... strange collection of phrases to remember. Do you love fried rice with egg a lot?

If you don't mind me correcting you a teeny "error", in Chinese normally we answer questions using the verb that is used in the question, so we would answer Do you like learning Chinese with 喜欢 or 不喜欢, rather than or 不是. :smile:

Yeah, I know!! I thought 'yao' was 'want'? It was just one of the phrases that I learnt :tongue:

Thanks for the correction! That's something that my friend didn't tell me (she's from Singapore, and her second language is Mandarin, so she was helping me learn) :smile:
Spanish:

I am crazy for your lips :ahee:
Estoy loco por tus labios :ahee:
And

Ellos encontraron su cuerpo en la playa :eek: lol
teach me spanish
The only spanish I ever need to know, Una Dorada, por favor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wag12k12dunkno
teach me spanish

Use Duolingo, it's free :smile:
Reply 4653
Original post by EmilyJayne14
Yeah, I know!! I thought 'yao' was 'want'? It was just one of the phrases that I learnt :tongue:
Yao is want. I was just wondering if you liked it a lot since you remembered the phrase haha. :biggrin:

Thanks for the correction! That's something that my friend didn't tell me (she's from Singapore, and her second language is Mandarin, so she was helping me learn) :smile:

You're welcome, I'm glad to be of help. Yeah, because it's so natural for a native/good speaker, we sometimes forget to teach little details like that. Anyway, now you know. :smile:
Use Duolingo, it's free :smile:

cheers man its good im using that and the bbc interactive how long u been learning spanish how many hours a day u do?
Original post by wag12k12dunkno
cheers man its good im using that and the bbc interactive how long u been learning spanish how many hours a day u do?

I don't do it.continuously, it's like whenever I flick up the iPad or come here and try some out
㿪女友巿娥

:reel:
Voglio imparare cinesi* parce que j'ai trouvé un clavier pour ça.... :ahee: pienso que me gusta español más que la francés...

Obviously, I can't speak it as well... But it's nice :redface:
Reply 4658
Yeah, well you had numbers on them so I didn't know which one...

Ftr I had to type "sigue Spanish book" :wink:

You telling me you don't get this when you search for just 'sigue'? I didn't tell you to specifically search for 'sigue' for a laugh, you know. :wink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sigue
Reply 4659
Voglio imparare cinesi* parce que j'ai trouvé un clavier pour ça.... :ahee: pienso que me gusta español más que la francés...

Obviously, I can't speak it as well... But it's nice :redface:

Te lo insegno io! :biggrin:

㿪女友巿娥

:reel:

What's that supposed to say?

Latest

Trending

Trending