The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Firmed, hopefully I can get the grades. A*AA.

EDIT: This was originally a question, but I have now discovered the FAQ thread. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Anyone else considering going to the applicant's open day for the accommodation tour's? I'm going if I don't get shifts over the two days.
Original post by Funtry
Anyone else considering going to the applicant's open day for the accommodation tour's? I'm going if I don't get shifts over the two days.

Did you go in the end? and if so, what did you think of the halls? I personally LOVED Beit and Eastside :h:
Reply 43
Original post by Technetium
Did you go in the end? and if so, what did you think of the halls? I personally LOVED Beit and Eastside :h:

It's you again! What are you going to Imperial to do? I can kinda guess by your name, but just to check..

I went on Friday, to look at Eastside/Southside (to decide between them both) and Evelyn Gardens (applying to there, hadn't seen it before though!)

I'm going for twin en-suites in Beit (1st choice), Eastside, Willis Jackson and Southwell, and for a twin non-ensuite at Fisher. I was going to go for Weeks, but as I'm applying to mainly twin rooms I won't get it, and see no point in wasting an option.

Did you go, and what are you applying for?
Original post by Funtry
It's you again! What are you going to Imperial to do? I can kinda guess by your name, but just to check..

I went on Friday, to look at Eastside/Southside (to decide between them both) and Evelyn Gardens (applying to there, hadn't seen it before though!)

I'm going for twin en-suites in Beit (1st choice), Eastside, Willis Jackson and Southwell, and for a twin non-ensuite at Fisher. I was going to go for Weeks, but as I'm applying to mainly twin rooms I won't get it, and see no point in wasting an option.

Did you go, and what are you applying for?

Chemistry :colondollar:, and yourself?

I went on Friday too, it was a last minute thing. One of my friends told me on the day! I'm glad that I went though, I was unsure about firming Imperial but after Friday ~ Bring.It.On! I have already applied for accomodation though, I applied to Beit, Eastside, Southside and I can't remember the other two :s-smilie:. Beit was amazing! Very cosy, don't you think? I liked Eastside too the twin rooms were so urban; I think the screen separator between each half of the room is wicked!

My friends Sister is at Evelyn Gardens, I've hears that its very nice and green :biggrin:
Reply 45
Chemistry :colondollar:, and yourself?

I went on Friday too, it was a last minute thing. One of my friends told me on the day! I'm glad that I went though, I was unsure about firming Imperial but after Friday ~ Bring.It.On! I have already applied for accomodation though, I applied to Beit, Eastside, Southside and I can't remember the other two :s-smilie:. Beit was amazing! Very cosy, don't you think? I liked Eastside too the twin rooms were so urban; I think the screen separator between each half of the room is wicked!

My friends Sister is at Evelyn Gardens, I've hears that its very nice and green :biggrin:

Same! 4 year? :smile: best course :wink:

I was too, worried that it may be a bit boring, but speaking to students has put my mind at ease!

Mine was pretty last minute, the day before to be honest. Just went for an hour, as I had a shift at 4, and I live a 40 minute train ride away from London haha! I haven't, I was holding out til I saw them all again, and I'll apply soon. I'm not applying to Southside.. Didn't like the twin rooms! They were nice though, pretty expensive..

And where all the partying happens, or so I've heard!
Original post by Funtry
Same! 4 year? :smile: best course :wink:

I was too, worried that it may be a bit boring, but speaking to students has put my mind at ease!

Mine was pretty last minute, the day before to be honest. Just went for an hour, as I had a shift at 4, and I live a 40 minute train ride away from London haha! I haven't, I was holding out til I saw them all again, and I'll apply soon. I'm not applying to Southside.. Didn't like the twin rooms! They were nice though, pretty expensive..

And where all the partying happens, or so I've heard!

Definitely! What's the point of a BSc?! I might opt for the year abroad though :smile:.

Ooh where do you work? I live along the Piccadilly line but 19 stops away haha, so it was quite a trek for me too. All the partying happens at Southside? I would've thought that it would be at Beit :redface:

The students seemed to be having a great time! Some were celebrating the end of their first year by chasing eachother on the Queen's Lawn with frothing bottles of champagne :h:
Reply 47
Definitely! What's the point of a BSc?! I might opt for the year abroad though :smile:.

Ooh where do you work? I live along the Piccadilly line but 19 stops away haha, so it was quite a trek for me too. All the partying happens at Southside? I would've thought that it would be at Beit :redface:

The students seemed to be having a great time! Some were celebrating the end of their first year by chasing eachother on the Queen's Lawn with frothing bottles of champagne :h:

Well, may change to that if it turns out I hate Chemistry, hope not though! Same, perhaps to Germany as it's the only other language I can sort of speak. Not too bad then, but still not too fun.. I meant at Evelyn Gardens! As it's cheaper, people tend to have more money :wink:

I didn't see that, but then again it was raining when I was their and everyone was a bit blurgh ahah! Students seem to love it there though..

So excited, 89 days (in 3 minutes) until we go there! (hopefully!) :awesome:
Original post by Funtry
Well, may change to that if it turns out I hate Chemistry, hope not though! Same, perhaps to Germany as it's the only other language I can sort of speak. Not too bad then, but still not too fun.. I meant at Evelyn Gardens! As it's cheaper, people tend to have more money :wink:

I didn't see that, but then again it was raining when I was their and everyone was a bit blurgh ahah! Students seem to love it there though..

So excited, 89 days (in 3 minutes) until we go there! (hopefully!) :awesome:

I was thinking to myself the other day do I really want to learn periodicity (as boring as it is) in even MORE depth.. but then when I think about it there's nothing else that I really want to study. I'm hoping to go to North America - Imperial has links with MIT and Columbia!!!

It was a weird day, I really despise humid rain :s-smilie:. They really do seem to enjoy themselves, I'm excited but a little apprehensive at the same time. I just hope our cohort is not too reserved.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
I was thinking to myself the other day do I really want to learn periodicity (as boring as it is) in even MORE depth.. but then when I think about it there's nothing else that I really want to study. I'm hoping to go to North America - Imperial has links with MIT and Columbia!!!

It was a weird day, I really despise humid rain :s-smilie:. They really do seem to enjoy themselves, I'm excited but a little apprehensive at the same time. I just hope our cohort is not too reserved.

You're crazy, periodicity is the single most awful thing in chemistry! That's changed my mind slightly then, although I'd love to go NYU (even though it isn't a reaaaally good uni, I love NY :smile:).

Especially when you're on the underground afterwards, it's not nice at all, gets so sticky :frown: they do! Apparently Chemistry is one of the more social courses at imperial, and I also plan to join at least one sport, so fingers crossed!
Original post by Funtry
You're crazy, periodicity is the single most awful thing in chemistry! That's changed my mind slightly then, although I'd love to go NYU (even though it isn't a reaaaally good uni, I love NY :smile:).

Especially when you're on the underground afterwards, it's not nice at all, gets so sticky :frown: they do! Apparently Chemistry is one of the more social courses at imperial, and I also plan to join at least one sport, so fingers crossed!

Wahey an NYC addict! I'm hopelessly in love with Manhattan :rolleyes:. I would love to move there when I'm done with my degree, maybe I've watched too much American t.v. but New York is truly magical :')

The underground is horrid when it's been raining, especially when everybody is stuck together and you're standing underneath somebody's smelly armpit hehehe, but you get used to it :tongue:

Yeah, I guess life at uni is what you make it. I hope the drama society is good :biggrin:
Reply 51
Wahey an NYC addict! I'm hopelessly in love with Manhattan :rolleyes:. I would love to move there when I'm done with my degree, maybe I've watched too much American t.v. but New York is truly magical :')

The underground is horrid when it's been raining, especially when everybody is stuck together and you're standing underneath somebody's smelly armpit hehehe, but you get used to it :tongue:

Yeah, I guess life at uni is what you make it. I hope the drama society is good :biggrin:

Same! Have you been there before? I went in October, just before Sandy, it was so nice! New York is just fantastic.

Eh I know right, but in some stations where they have those massive fans, I could just kiss whoever's idea that was. I'm tall(ish) so no worries on that front :wink:

Just get stuck in I guess. Ahh, drama is all artsy, not Imperialy :wink: but it may be!

Wanna move this to PM? I feel like this chat is sort of clogging up the thread..
Original post by Funtry
Same! Have you been there before? I went in October, just before Sandy, it was so nice! New York is just fantastic.

Eh I know right, but in some stations where they have those massive fans, I could just kiss whoever's idea that was. I'm tall(ish) so no worries on that front :wink:

Just get stuck in I guess. Ahh, drama is all artsy, not Imperialy :wink: but it may be!

Wanna move this to PM? I feel like this chat is sort of clogging up the thread..

I have been and I'm going again this summer! I just love going to Walmart haha and Times Square!

Yeah, I guess we shouldn't hog the thread :smile:
Reply 53
Biology with Management BSc - 4 years
Unconditional (sort of - just needed to prove that I have the grades I put on my application - EU student, so I do not really know the A level course requirements or usual offers)

Hoping to stay in either Eastside or Southside.
Reply 54
I have an unconditional offer from RSM and they want me to provide proof of my qualifications by 31st August, does anybody know what address to send my A-level certificates to?
Reply 55
Original post by EskimoC
I have an unconditional offer from RSM and they want me to provide proof of my qualifications by 31st August, does anybody know what address to send my A-level certificates to?

Yes I know. I'll PM you.
Reply 56
Anyone here get an offer whilst applying on a gap year? :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by CD315
Anyone here get an offer whilst applying on a gap year? :smile:

Yup, applied in September after graduating, firmed now :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by ibs2012
Yup, applied in September after graduating, firmed now :smile:

Which subject?
Reply 59
Original post by CD315
Which subject?

Aeronautics. When I was at my interview in cambridge the guy specifically told me that taking the gap year will be beneficial to my application as long as I do something somewhat subject related during the time (internship in my case). If you want more info just send me a PM :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest