Scroll to see replies

Pata nahi yaar...shayad dimaagh phir gaya tha mera :wink:
Original post by hamza1394
Pata nahi yaar...shayad dimaagh phir gaya tha mera :wink:

Ha ha !Your head has spun around really!:wink:
Who has done/doing gcse urdu!i am!
Original post by Emerald123
Ha ha !Your head has spun around really!:wink:

lol agar sahi matlab mein dekha jaye toh haan...

Back to English, are you currently studying GCSE Urdu?
Reply 4624
GCSE urdu is just too easy! a piece of cake i would say
lol agar sahi matlab mein dekha jaye toh haan...

Back to English, are you currently studying GCSE Urdu?

Yep !Gcse urdu is now becoming more harder but still it is fun to learn urdu !:smile:
Original post by concave
GCSE urdu is just too easy! a piece of cake i would say

Did you get A* at gcse urdu?
Yep !Gcse urdu is now becoming more harder but still it is fun to learn urdu !:smile:

Oh right well I haven't got a GCSE in it but speak it fluently; probably more fluently than those living in Pakistan :P What does learning it involve?
Reply 4628
Did you get A* at gcse urdu?

I took urdu exam long time ago! anyway I got a B at 87%
Oh right well I haven't got a GCSE in it but speak it fluently; probably more fluently than those living in Pakistan :P What does learning it involve?

the gcse consists of 2 speaking and listening exams in which you will need to memorise what you will be saying in the exam.Marks will be given on your grammar,how fluent you are and on the urdu accent.Recordings of your voice will be stored on a memory stick and posted to the Aqa company(scary).Other urdu exams are reading and writing,writing as in a mental urdu exam with another urdu paper and an urdu essay/longer writing exam.:smile:

Original post by concave
I took urdu exam long time ago! anyway I got a B at 87%

Oh that's good I have so far done the urdu speaking and listening exams both with A*(2 exams)
the gcse consists of 2 speaking and listening exams in which you will need to memorise what you will be saying in the exam.Marks will be given on your grammar,how fluent you are and on the urdu accent.Recordings of your voice will be stored on a memory stick and posted to the Aqa company(scary).Other urdu exams are reading and writing,writing as in a mental urdu exam with another urdu paper and an urdu essay/longer writing exam.:smile:

Well are you British born and if so did your family speak much Urdu with you because that makes the accent and grammar easy to get.
Well are you British born and if so did your family speak much Urdu with you because that makes the accent and grammar easy to get.

Yeah I am born in Britain but my first language isn't urdu,however my mother tongue is urdu so I think I picked urdu from there :smile:At home I don't speak in urdu
Yeah I am born in Britain but my first language isn't urdu,however my mother tongue is urdu so I think I picked urdu from there :smile:At home I don't speak in urdu

Thats pretty cool and admirable I guess. Too many British Asians of Pakistani heritage don't have much interest in their mother tongue as I've always found that people regard it highly to have another language. My family moved to the UK when I was 9 from Pak so for me it was the opposite; learning English from almost scratch.
Thats pretty cool and admirable I guess. Too many British Asians of Pakistani heritage don't have much interest in their mother tongue as I've always found that people regard it highly to have another language. My family moved to the UK when I was 9 from Pak so for me it was the opposite; learning English from almost scratch.

Wow that's really cool being born in another country!How did you manage such a vast and hard language?Did you learn English from pakistan?(learning english there is well........different because teachers beat you if you don't learn the right words (eeek!)English, English and english everywhere........
Wow that's really cool being born in another country!How did you manage such a vast and hard language?Did you learn English from pakistan?(learning english there is well........different because teachers beat you if you don't learn the right words (eeek!)English, English and english everywhere........

Lol well I could read english but I couldnt speak or understand English when we came to the UK. Also we werent living in a diverse location but a totally White British Town called Tamworth (still live here) so when I began school 3 days after we arrived it was the weirdest experience of my life. The weird British accent and the speed at which everyone spoke meant all I could say was Hello, Yes/ No and Can I go to the Toilet (My mum taught me this one specially) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4636

Oh that's good I have so far done the urdu speaking and listening exams both with A*(2 exams)

yeah i was expecting an A that time!
when did they start speaking :s-smilie: sounds more like IELTS lol
IULTS: International Urdu Language Testing System
Reply 4637
Lol well I could read english but I couldnt speak or understand English when we came to the UK. Also we werent living in a diverse location but a totally White British Town called Tamworth (still live here) so when I began school 3 days after we arrived it was the weirdest experience of my life. The weird British accent and the speed at which everyone spoke meant all I could say was Hello, Yes/ No and Can I go to the Toilet (My mum taught me this one specially) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow it is indeed highly commendable effort made by you to learn English
Original post by concave
wow it is indeed highly commendable effort made by you to learn English

I guess it helps being very young but I do feel proud of the fact that no one would ever be able to say I wasn't british born and bred if they met me now. All thanks to God I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4639

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's sorta like me :colondollar: Except I was born in the States, but STILL couldn't speak English :colondollar: I spoke only Urdu as a kid and even that, I couldn't write or read :frown:

Latest