The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4760
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Okay:redface:

How was my.infinitive a noun though?

I don't want to frighten/scare you?

Um.... "Conocerte es amarte", lol it's only an example, uh.
your infinitive wasn't a noun!!! :smile: I was just telling u when it was required to attach pronouns to verbs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qetuo
Um.... "Conocerte es amarte", lol it's only an example, uh.

Those aren't nouns :redface:
Those aren't nouns :redface:

Well they're verbal nouns :tongue:
Original post by constantmeowage
Well they're verbal nouns :tongue:

Duolingo is dying on me...

It's showing different words to the sentence I'm meant to make :frown:
Reply 4764
Original post by tess_rach
谷歌翻译是我最好的朋友,当你都讲的语言是不是一个矿

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahah I'm guessing you typed something like Goigle Translate is my friend when the language you speak isn't mine, except "mine" was understood as "a place where you mine minerals" rather than "of me". :tongue:
Reply 4765
When do we attach the pronoun to the infinitive?

If you can't get your head round the noun thing, just remember that pronouns cannot precede the infinitive alone in Spanish, so just always attach it.

Espero haberte ayudado. I hope i have helped you. :biggrin:
Original post by AquisM
If you can't get your head round the noun thing, just remember that pronouns cannot precede the infinitive alone in Spanish, so just always attach it.

Espero haberte ayudado. I hope i have helped you. :biggrin:

Aah okay :h:
Reply 4767
Okay, I am confused about alcuno and nessuno in Italian. Which do we use in a negative sentence? I've just seen this sentence on DuoLingo Io non ho alcuna famiglia, where in Spanish, I would have used the double negative Yo no tengo ninguna familia. How is nessuno used then?

EDIT: Another case: I was told to click all the correct translations for There is no answer and there was Non c'è nessuna risposta and Non c'è alcuna risposta. Following the above example, I only picked alcuna but they said that both alcuna and nessuna are right. Why?
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm frustrated with my language learning. I don't seem to be progressing that much with my Spanish.
Original post by Matt_dragon
Hey guys - any tips on how to learn French & Spanish to an A* GCSE Standard in one year?
Cheers :smile:

Hi! I don't know what your level of French or Spanish is at the minute, but anyway, if you have the basic knowledge:
First I would recommend learning the 4 main tenses. (present, past, imperfect, future) Knowing these will allow to understand readings better and to write a good controlled assessment!
Next I would simply learn vocab for the various sections on the course, I'm not sure if there is a definitive list of what can be covered, but I'd be sure you could find a list of vocab for the environment, social problems, family etc... online. In fact, GCSE Bitesize is the place to go.
For orals, repeat them over and over, learn the content in advance and leave yourself a good length of time for practice ones. I'm not sure if you're teaching yourself or what, so you may be able to get a teacher yo proofread it, or of course anyone on here!
Writings are similar and you should have a good variety of tenses, as well as synonyms and idioms, which you can find online. It's up to you how to learn it! (again we can help check!)
Leave yourself plenty of time to prepare for the exams, I did all of the French reading past papers and listening ones too and it really helped as you get a good feel for the exams and spot recurring vocab.
You can pick up many other grammar points as you go along.
If you have a natural aptitude for languages then it should be no hassle. :smile:
Hope this helped!
Original post by AquisM
Ahahah I'm guessing you typed something like Goigle Translate is my friend when the language you speak isn't mine, except "mine" was understood as "a place where you mine minerals" rather than "of me". :tongue:

Yep, that would be about right! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:smug: I know
Did you check his other posts?

I knew I recognised the name- this is a guy who claims he wouldn't give CPR to a fellow male.:unimpressed:

He's an outright troll, or a total and utter waste of oxygen.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Did you check his other posts?

I knew I recognised the name- this is a guy who claims he wouldn't give CPR to a fellow male.:unimpressed:

He's an outright troll, or a total and utter waste of oxygen.

The latter, they're unusual things to troll about :redface:
The latter, they're unusual things to troll about :redface:
If he's real, then this shows that a private school education can't buy intelligence!
If he's real, then this shows that a private school education can't buy intelligence!

Ha, silly person :teehee:

I'm liking Russian :ahee:

Ты можешь говорит по-русский?:biggrin:

It can certainly buy you grades, but never intelligence or critical thinking skills. In fact, they're probably more likely to pick up The Scum and the Daily Fail and swallow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
It can certainly buy you grades, but never intelligence or critical thinking skills. In fact, they're probably more likely to pick up The Scum and the Daily Fail and swallow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
His posts are pure 1970's era Daily Mail.

I need mindbleach.
His posts are pure 1970's era Daily Mail.

I need mindbleach.

So does he, evidently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm here again. I'm often confuse in the usage of the verbs 'take' and 'bring'. Can anyone give me examples to learn the handling of these verbs, please?
Picked up a wee book full of Italian verbs and conjugations and the French version of 'Candide' (reading the English atm) for £3.
How I love second-hand bookshops.

Latest