The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bord3r
I'm impressed we managed to get the unofficial multiple choice mark scheme to match the official one. Teamwork.

Did we really? yesss :biggrin: :biggrin:

Teamwork.
Original post by 710
The mark scheme is out for this paper, but only for teachers, guys. Anyone have access to it, or can post it up??? Thanks.

It's already been posted on here (the link). Also I'm curious as to why you negged my last comment as I was just asking b0rder if we matched the multiple choice answers from the unofficial ms.
Original post by AtomicMan
I think the paper was roughly the same difficulty as the last two years (slightly harder IMO), so roughly the same/lower grade boundaries?

I agree, it was definitely harder than the Jan paper so I'll be really surprised if the boundary for an A is higher than 73/90. But that's also what I'd like to believe, hence why I asked to see what everyone else thinks.
This paper i feel was relatively easy, considering the amounts of stuff they could have asked us about transition metals, redox and the various elaborate contexts they could have been asked in, the paper wasnt really that bad.

72 For an A is the minimum i think, and 68 for a B
Original post by mar junior
This paper i feel was relatively easy, considering the amounts of stuff they could have asked us about transition metals, redox and the various elaborate contexts they could have been asked in, the paper wasnt really that bad.

Sup man, did you count up your marks using the official ms?
Original post by mar junior

Oops...I was thinking about Unit 4...
Hmm yeah, I guess you're right, but there was still plenty of stuff to trip up on, and most of the people sitting this paper will have done so for the first time.
How much do you guys think we need for a A*?
for the past 6 exams it has been 72, 73, 73, 80, 73, 77 starting from June 2010
Reply 2287
Hi guys just a quick question...
for question 24di the mark scheme states that "Note Maximum of (1) mark (i.e. the firstmark only) if refers to electronsfalling back down again"

I referred to electrons falling down i believe at the end of the question (something along the lines of the electrons then drop back down to the lower energy state) however I got all the 3 marks of the question beforehand. Will I only get 1 mark?
anyone had look at the u4 and u5 01R replacement papers? can someone predict the boundary for A? thanks!!!!
Original post by jjcam245
Hi guys just a quick question...
for question 24di the mark scheme states that "Note Maximum of (1) mark (i.e. the firstmark only) if refers to electronsfalling back down again"

I referred to electrons falling down i believe at the end of the question (something along the lines of the electrons then drop back down to the lower energy state) however I got all the 3 marks of the question beforehand. Will I only get 1 mark?

omg !!! I wrote that too I think ... damn :frown: ive already lost enough marks lol

sometimes examiners mark what they think is write, hopefully they wont notice you wrote it .... is this unit 5 ?
Original post by 710
The mark scheme is out for this paper, but only for teachers, guys. Anyone have access to it, or can post it up??? Thanks.

haha what a clown, you decided to neg me again for trying to help others.
Original post by James A
haha what a clown, you decided to neg me again for trying to help others.

And you helped him :frown:

I appreciate your help James... You are so nice :smile: and helpful!!
Original post by jojo1995
And you helped him :frown:

I appreciate your help James... You are so nice :smile: and helpful!!

:hugs:
How accurate is tallying up your own marks? From the mark scheme i think i got about 59/90.. I need 66UMS to get my B grade.. Have people found tallying their marks to be accurate to what they get?
Original post by alithedon
How accurate is tallying up your own marks? From the mark scheme i think i got about 59/90.. I need 66UMS to get my B grade.. Have people found tallying their marks to be accurate to what they get?

It depends on the individual, personally I am extremely harsh and if one part of the mark scheme looks unfamiliar to me I assume that I must have got that question wrong and award myself no marks. So my predictions are always lower, I prefer to be pessimistic when awarding the marks to be honest
Original post by Hopefulmedstudent
It depends on the individual, personally I am extremely harsh and if one part of the mark scheme looks unfamiliar to me I assume that I must have got that question wrong and award myself no marks. So my predictions are always lower, I prefer to be pessimistic when awarding the marks to be honest

Yeah thats exactly what i done.. Hopefully that should mean ive done enough!

In general when I tally up marks im fairly accurate, slightly underestimating myself. I think I got anywhere from 69-75, need an A for an A* overall, and a mid U for am A (firm is A*AA).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

i did the non-uk paper and think i will get around 73. but i normally make 7 marks of stupid mistakes..only got 251 ums for as:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clydeshen411
i did the non-uk paper and think i will get around 73. but i normally make 7 marks of stupid mistakes..only got 251 ums for as:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:redface: I got 240 ... which is 14 less than you, trust me 251 is great !!

EDIT: I can't do maths ** 11 less than you :tongue:
Original post by jojo1995
:redface: I got 240 ... which is 14 less than you, trust me 251 is great !!

EDIT: I can't do maths ** 11 less than you :tongue:

lol, did u do all three a2 units this june? i wish i have done unit 4 in january..so much uncertainties now

Latest