The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't know what the hype the media are giving to these tour matches especially United's. Yes I understand its cause theres been a change of manager but nobodies even mentioned Manchester Citys poor run. They've lost 2 0 and 2 1 in their first two matches and nobodies even talking about it. With the players and money they've spent surely the pressure and focus of the media should be on them but no, its all about United!

If we base who's gonna win the League on the form in tour matches then hand over the trophy to Arsenal already who've won all their games comfortably (expect for todays). It seems even ridiculous saying that but thats what some people seem to be making out by saying this and that about whats going on in the tours.

I don't even pay much importance to the tour matches, for me its just another opportunity to watch United play, see who looks in good nick and get to see the younger players getting a chance. Scoreline is a bonus really. The media are making a big deal out of it to put pressure on Moyes like his not under much pressure already. Personally I hope he does really well and shuts the media up as well as other teams fans who seem to be talking absolute rubbish without even giving the guy a chance!
Original post by Zürich
Yeah, they know they've been told to **** off repeatedly by anyone and everyone remotely connected to Barca and they know that Fab has said he wants to stay...

Its astounding some people are so ignorant they think they know more than the club about the situation.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7422
Wouldn't be at all surprised if this whole saga was just Cesc and his agent flirting with United in order to put them in a good position to secure a better contract from Barcelona.
ffs cant wait until the season starts, this transfer business is getting tedious now...in Moyes we trust!
Reply 7424
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPNQNfC8GI

Amazing response from his old fans reminded me of when Becks and CR7 came back home.
Reply 7425
Original post by MancBoy
ffs cant wait until the season starts, this transfer business is getting tedious now...in Moyes we trust!

For about a week.
Reply 7426
Fellaini's release clause only lasts till 31st July, therefore we need to react quickly if we want him, he could add valuable steel to our midfield and apart from Cabaye not many options available out there.
Original post by Musester
For about a week.

This thread is going to be kneejerk reaction/wum central the first time United drop any points.
Original post by Tommyjw
Maybe Manchester United Football Club, the club involved in the transfer, know more than you?

What about Twitter ITK's and journalists, do they know more than them? Just asking cos you'll disregard a club's comments but happily post all these tweets as if they mean something.
Fellaini is 7/4 to join United. That's definitely worth a cheeky £10 bet.
Original post by sr90
This thread is going to be kneejerk reaction/wum central the first time United drop any points.

Well there is nothing to say he will do well. If anything everyone bar Mancs want him to fail.
Original post by sr90

Guess we'll have to go for the big 114 then.
Original post by sr90

Yeah course lol, wouldn't you do the same though? Winding up football fans is one of life's little pleasures.
Original post by Tommyjw
Every single summer we see "He wont go, he wont be sold" and then boom, off he goes. Fast forward 10 months and people will ignore the previous examples and say the latest "he wont go" comment means he is 100% staying. Rinse and repeat. It is just standard PR comments the club makes and we see this time and time again, stop putting so much emphasis on these latest comments. If he comes, he comes, if he doesnt, he doesnt, these comments mean **** all just like "wouldnt sell Madrid a virus" and various other examples don't.

Maybe Manchester United Football Club, the club involved in the transfer, know more than you?

I know .. i know.. sounds crazy... sorry for suggesting such an outlandish thing.

You seriously defending the decision to put a bid for fabregas. Unless he's doing some 007 **** and going for another player on the sly I highly highly doubt that he would be able to get fabregas.

Barca clearly sold their midfielder to bayern so need him for general depth, barca clearly said he's not for sale by 3 people and fabregas said he wants to stay at barca. They're not going to get a better midfielder than fabregas in a month, it's obvious to everyone and their uncle that going for fabregas after they'd just sold thiago is pretty stupid and puts egg on your face. Only thiing I can think of is that david moyes is trolling like a bitch wenger style when he tried to buy schweinsteigger...
Original post by So Instinct
Well there is nothing to say he will do well. If anything everyone bar Mancs want him to fail.

It'll stop my london manc's brother's arrogance for sure. I wanted united to win the title last year because I think mancini's a whiny ****. But my friends are arrogant as hell and see no wrong with their club and think they're better than everybody else.
Original post by jam277
It'll stop my london manc's brother's arrogance for sure. I wanted united to win the title last year because I think mancini's a whiny ****. But my friends are arrogant as hell and see no wrong with their club and think they're better than everybody else.

Example: play football 'The United way'. I don't remember Man. United inventing attacking football.
Original post by jam277
I don't see anything wrong with that partnership.

Giggs is not a central midfielder and never has been. There is a lot wrong with that partnership.

Original post by jam277
Why is he going for fabregas in the first place?

Well, I think it's because he's quite good at football.
Original post by NathanW18
Giggs is not a central midfielder and never has been. There is a lot wrong with that partnership.

Well, I think it's because he's quite good at football.

Lol, took me seriously :rofl: :rofl:
Yes. I'm supposed to magically realise that you aren't being serious.

I need that kind of mind reading ability.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Example: play football 'The United way'. I don't remember Man. United inventing attacking football.

Funnily enough that in the champions league in recent years against top opposition they play defensive football, heck I'd have been proud if chelsea played like united did in the madrid matches, lets not mention the barca legs that got rijkaard sacked. I forgot the arsenal matches in the CL since I didn't watch them so can't say if that was bus parking or just counter attacking football.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest