The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 08batee
Something quite odd and upsetting happened earlier. Can't really talk about it cause of rules. I'm just feeling really really wobbly :cry2:

:hugs: :loveduck: :hugs:

Think of the shortbread... :colone:

In all seriousness, I'll be up all night if you need lovely. :hugs: Going to be one of those nights. :sigh:
Reply 5041
Have had a weird day today. Played early AM tennis for 4 hours, went to the GP, then played pool in the pool hall until 11pm. Mixed feelings for sure.
Reply 5042
Original post by 08batee
Something quite odd and upsetting happened earlier. Can't really talk about it cause of rules. I'm just feeling really really wobbly :cry2:

Hey, hope you're feeling a bit better by the morning x
Reply 5043
Original post by zonkfrog
Its not been great. I have medical stuff I wont go into but essentially I'm having an ill day which then makes my mood is pretty bad too.

I'm glad you liked my jelly comment. I was worried it came across like one of those idiots that's like "don't be sad, get over it" but I'm glad you didn't take it that way :smile:

:frown: Sorry to hear that - I understand that poor physical health can make things worse - I really hope you feel better soon! :jumphug:

Oh no, it didn't come across like that at all, don't worry! I quite like the idea of being a jelly though.. just like wibbling and wobbling around all day long :ninja:

Original post by tasha96
:hugs: :loveduck: :hugs:

Think of the shortbread... :colone:

In all seriousness, I'll be up all night if you need lovely. :hugs: Going to be one of those nights. :sigh:

I know! :colone:
Thanks lovely :lovehug:

Original post by james1211
Hey, hope you're feeling a bit better by the morning x

Thank you :h: Sorry to hear about the mixed day, though I'm glad you managed to get out and do something, that can be really important. I hope things pick up for you soon :yes: :hugs:
Feeling really bad tonight. Anyone able to talk on skype/fb/PM?

Voices are loud, saying that I've failed and I can't keep anyone safe. My girlfriend is at a wedding up north and I'm stuck here and I can't protect her. It's my own stupid fault, I didn't do what they said, I didn't solve the codes. They are out to get me, just scared knowing any minute they are going to be here and take me away.
Reply 5045
Original post by 08batee
Thank you :h: Sorry to hear about the mixed day, though I'm glad you managed to get out and do something, that can be really important. I hope things pick up for you soon :yes: :hugs:

Thanks :smile: I can't explain it, it's like whenever i've been out with mates and had a good time, when i get back home my mood dips really low for some reason. Can't explain why, maybe it's because i begin to think about how different my life would be without my mates and how easy it is to lose contact by accident.
Original post by bullettheory
Feeling really bad tonight. Anyone able to talk on skype/fb/PM?

Voices are loud, saying that I've failed and I can't keep anyone safe. My girlfriend is at a wedding up north and I'm stuck here and I can't protect her. It's my own stupid fault, I didn't do what they said, I didn't solve the codes. They are out to get me, just scared knowing any minute they are going to be here and take me away.

I'm free to Skype or go on MHSS chat if yOu want. Can give you my Skype login

No one is out to get you ok, your safe, I promise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5047
Do a lot of you guys use skype? I used to have it but stopped using it but i'm thinking of going back to it again.
Do a lot of you guys use skype? I used to have it but stopped using it but i'm thinking of going back to it again.

I have it but usually stay invisible so as to leap out and surprise people better. :creep:
Original post by superwolf
I have it but usually stay invisible so as to leap out and surprise people better. :creep:

what like a urrrrm..... wolf??
:tongue:
Reply 5050
I get a bit lonely on a night sometimes, that's all :erm:
Very confusing day. Don't know where my head is at. And somehow I'm supposed to get better from here....,
Gonna send my dissertation to my uni tomorrow. Just finishing up now. Hoping I haven't made some stupid mistake. :crossedf:

Went to a restaurant yesterday, didn't go so well. Heard all the other people talking about me which was really upsetting. I just want to fit in and be one of the crowd for once. :frown: Can't talk to my wife about it as I know she won't believe me. My psychiatrist called, gonna see her next week now, worried about that too I don't want to be honest anymore, it leads to bad things.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5053
Original post by Sabertooth
Gonna send my dissertation to my uni tomorrow. Just finishing up now. Hoping I haven't made some stupid mistake. :crossedf:

Hey, good luck man. Not looking forward to that part of my degree...
I get a bit lonely on a night sometimes, that's all :erm:

nights are always the worst :frown:

Original post by Sabertooth

Went to a restaurant yesterday, didn't go so well. Heard all the other people talking about me which was really upsetting. I just want to fit in and be one of the crowd for once. :frown: Can't talk to my wife about it as I know she won't believe me. My psychiatrist called, gonna see her next week now, worried about that too I don't want to be honest anymore, it leads to bad things.

:woo: im sure it will be fine :smile:
youll deffinately do better than i did :tongue: well done :smile:

thats so mean, i know its hard, but try ignore them hun, your SO much better than them :yep:
Bit of an odd question but here goes... :colondollar:

Has anyone had any success with using one earplug to quieten down voices when they're being really loud? My mum picked me up a packet at the chemists today because she read about it somewhere and thought it would be worth a go. Has anyone ever tried it? :smile:
Reply 5056
Original post by tasha96

Has anyone had any success with using one earplug to quieten down voices when they're being really loud? My mum picked me up a packet at the chemists today because she read about it somewhere and thought it would be worth a go. Has anyone ever tried it? :smile:

Haven't tried it but i think there's certain kinds of earplug that only block out excessive sound but still let you hear voices at a normal level.
Hey, good luck man. Not looking forward to that part of my degree...

Thanks. :smile:

I've had over a year to write it so it should *theoretically* be good. :tongue:

Original post by PonchoKid
:woo: im sure it will be fine :smile:
youll deffinately do better than i did :tongue: well done :smile:

thats so mean, i know its hard, but try ignore them hun, your SO much better than them :yep:

Thanks. :colondollar: I'm doing a masters to try and cancel out my crappy undergrad grade so I really need this to be good. :crossedf:

I don't feel better than them. They're all there thin, good looking, socially successful and then there's me: none of those things. :frown:

Original post by tasha96

Yeah I've had a bit of success. An earplug worked to some extent for me but I found listening to music through just one ear helped more for me so I tend to do that. Definitely worth a shot though, good luck!
Original post by tasha96

Yeah, I listen to music SOOO loud. It often helps drown them out. But I will probably get tinnitus soon :tongue:
Reply 5059
Think i'm going round in circles, one day i feel like i've done well and am making progress, the next i'm back into a downward spiral. Don't want a repeat of ttwo years ago where i lost control and had a breakdown.

It's so tiring above all else.

Latest