The Student Room Group

The European/World Football Thread III

Scroll to see replies

That decoy run from Reus made that goal. Unbelievable game.
Schweini and Martinez sorely mossed .
Robben game on!!!
Thought Robben's days were numbered at Bayern but he's till a class player no matter the system
Original post by Zürich
Thought Robben's days were numbered at Bayern but he's till a class player no matter the system

Had very little success yet two goals. Efficient haha
What the heck is up with these time outs?!?
Thiago has been pretty good need to pair with a destroyer though.
Winning bets is great! :woo:

Off side though :ahee:
Yes! **** Bayern and ***** Guardiola too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reinforces the idea how important Martinez is.
Thiago ****ed up...

**** Bayern, **** Guardiola.
Bad mistake from Thiago in the lead up to the goal. Aubameyang is a talent btw, seen him play for St Etienne, gives Dortmund a different option from the bench. For once they have a decent back-up striker.
(edited 10 years ago)
Jeesh Starke under pressure has been ugly. :redface:
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Bad mistake from Thiago in the lead up to the goal. Aubameyang is a talent btw, seen him play for St Etienne, gives Dortmund a different option from the bench. For once they have a decent back-up striker.

looks just as good on the wing. Bargain for 13m
Reply 554
Original post by Zürich
Thiago ****ed up...

**** Bayern, **** Guardiola.

Do you speak German?
Original post by 419
Do you speak German?

I can try :colondollar: Ive never learned German so its very hard to speak without knowing much vocab. If I speak Dutch very slowly and with little accent I think I could cope with simple things. Understanding is much easier because you can simply make an educated guess on what the other guy is saying. Its possible for me to get the gist of most day to day conversations but if I was listening to a lecture etc I'd be lost pretty quickly. Cant make much sense of reading it either.

If I moved to Germany, I'd probably pick it up very quickly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 556
Original post by Zürich
I can try :colondollar: Ive never learned German so its very hard to speak without knowing much vocab. If I speak Dutch very slowly and with little accent I think I could cope with simple things. Understanding is much easier because you can simply make an educated guess on what the other guy is saying. Its possible for me to get the gist of most day to day conversations but if I was listening to a lecture etc I'd be lost pretty quickly. Cant make much sense of reading it either.

If I moved to Germany, I'd probably pick it up very quickly.

Nevermind anyways. Was listening to Pep's post match on pitch interview and I could've swore that he was mixing English with his answers... I could make out a lot of "We didn't......."

Probably to do with his accent and how similar some German words sound to English.
I think the European Super Cup game will be amazing. It will be interesting to see if he puts Thiago and Schweinsteiger together in midfield or Thiago and Schweinsteiger.
Original post by Icecream1
I think the European Super Cup game will be amazing. It will be interesting to see if he puts Thiago and Schweinsteiger together in midfield or Thiago and Schweinsteiger.

Yep, would be a tough choice between those two combinations. :biggrin:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yep, would be a tough choice between those two combinations. :biggrin:

Hopefully he does thiago and schweinsteigger. :sogood: no holding midfielder and counter attacks galore. Hopefully the loss may put them down to earth. How did dortmund play?

I want dortmund to win the title but I still doubt it. But hopefully the title race is challenging.

Quick Reply

Latest