The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Anyone want to tinychat? I'm so bored.
Reply 5081
Not doing that great. Need to get away and I cant until wednesday and that's too long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
Not doing that great. Need to get away and I cant until wednesday and that's too long

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: What's up? Am on Skype/feel free to text. Are you still away?
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah I've had a bit of success. An earplug worked to some extent for me but I found listening to music through just one ear helped more for me so I tend to do that. Definitely worth a shot though, good luck!

Thanks! :hugs: It seems to be dampening them a bit if I have it in my right ear, but not in my left. :lolwut: Not sure how that makes sense. :colondollar:

Original post by bullettheory
Yeah, I listen to music SOOO loud. It often helps drown them out. But I will probably get tinnitus soon :tongue:

Thank you! :hugs: I use music to help drown them out too. :five: Mum thought this would be more useful because I can slip one in during situations where it's not really possible to have earphones with music playing in your ears. :yep:
Reply 5084
Felt better today than i have in what feels like far too long. Seems trying new games and sports is the key for me.

Also darts is a very good stress outlet :laugh:
So sorry I've been AWOL with the thread and everyone I speak to outside of it. Things here are pretty **** tbh and we're all over the place :frown:

Fuzzy, tasha, asdfgah and 08batee: text if you need me :sadnod:
Original post by tasha96
Bit of an odd question but here goes... :colondollar:

Has anyone had any success with using one earplug to quieten down voices when they're being really loud? My mum picked me up a packet at the chemists today because she read about it somewhere and thought it would be worth a go. Has anyone ever tried it? :smile:

Not exactly but I sometimes use quiet music in one ear for a similar reason. Try it and see how it goes, sounds like it could work quite well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5087
Hey everyone, thanks so much for your awesome messages! I would quote everyone but that multi quote would be longer than one of Superwolf's! I'm coping reasonably well, even at night time! Been up for close to 2 hours doing on and off feeding and I'm getting so annoyed at my boyfriend for being so absolutely terrible at night time nappy changes that I just want to scream at him. Seriously, I don't understand how it is possible for him to get so much water everywhere! It just keeps me up longer having to change the baby's soaking clothes while my boyfriend sleeps.

Anyway this wasn't meant to be a rant. I hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry I'm not around too much at the moment!
Original post by asdfgah

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: :frown: :console:

Original post by Noodlzzz
So they came back to my house and decided I wasn't safe. Am now on a section 3 in hospital :frown:

Oh hun, that's pooey :frown: I'm so sorry. Though if you're not feeling safe/able to keep yourself safe, then maybe it's the best in the short-term. Hang on in there as best as you can and get in touch via PM if that would help at all :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by 08batee
Something quite odd and upsetting happened earlier. Can't really talk about it cause of rules. I'm just feeling really really wobbly :cry2:

Oh **** hun, I'm sorry I wasn't around. Text me tomorrow, yes yes? Or today rather :ninja: I'll be out at Wagnerfest most of the day but will hopefully catch you at some point :hugs:

Original post by Idle
Thank you :colondollar: I don't think blue suits me :colonhash:

But but but! You are blue da ba dee da ba die, da ba dee da ba die! :flute:

This is the point where you tell me you've no idea what I'm quoting, isn't it. Youth of today! :shakecane:
Why is it so hot?! Can't sleep.. Mind is racing.. Thinking bad stuff.. Can't talk to anyone for fear of it being used against me :s-smilie: argh!!! Why can't people just leave me alone :sad: especially doctors!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Hey everyone, thanks so much for your awesome messages! I would quote everyone but that multi quote would be longer than one of Superwolf's! I'm coping reasonably well, even at night time! Been up for close to 2 hours doing on and off feeding and I'm getting so annoyed at my boyfriend for being so absolutely terrible at night time nappy changes that I just want to scream at him. Seriously, I don't understand how it is possible for him to get so much water everywhere! It just keeps me up longer having to change the baby's soaking clothes while my boyfriend sleeps.

Anyway this wasn't meant to be a rant. I hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry I'm not around too much at the moment!

HmMusic!!! :jumphug:

Wolfie's multiquotes have been known to extend into two or three posts in a row in the past... :tongue:

I'm glad you're coping OK, and don't apologise for ranting! Aside from anything else, it's what MHSS is here for. :tongue: Didn't come across as a rant to me anyway. :smile: Hopefully your boyfriend will get better at it over time, it's only been a week after all, and at least he's trying to help. :smile: Changing newborn out of soggy clothing in the middle of the night can't be fun though. :hugs: At least you'll get Scott cuddles at the same time! You also definitely do not need to apologise for not being around much - you have your beautiful little boy to be looking after! It's good to hear how you're doing though. :smile:

Catch up soon. xx
Original post by rmhumphries
Is Rory unwell? I can't imagine him being at an event and allowing there to be only 4 cans of cider! :beer:

Hahahaha, he had no choice in the matter, he HAD to go wether cider was involved or not :tongue:

He wasn't impressed but he had a sore head when he woke up, don't think the champaign did him much good :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wondering if I should phone or email samaritan or something.. can't get out of here until Saturday not sure if that's close enough right now... not feeling safe at all
Original post by Kindred
Not exactly but I sometimes use quiet music in one ear for a similar reason. Try it and see how it goes, sounds like it could work quite well :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :hugs:
Seems to be working a bit in one ear but not the other. :dontknow: Was definitely worth a try though- anything that helps even slightly has to be a bonus!

Have to survive a family bbq this evening. :frown: Not sure this is going to go well at all, I'm feeling really fragile at the moment. :cry2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5094
Hi all!

Long time no speak to a lot of you, I see some familiar names around still. I hope some of you remember me :biggrin: I was last online last December! I'm doing very well mentally, and I should be starting my degree in law this October.

I'm doing that well, that I've re-evaluated my life and everything, it's been quite a transformative and introspective experience the past half a year or so. I should be around checking TSR a lot more now, especially with up coming studies. So hi!
hi,

due to mental health conditions, i did one year of study in 2010/11, left at the end of year one, then took a year off, then started a different course at a different uni last september (i was there 2-4 weeks max), but by then realised i needed to seek help for my mental health conditions (anxiety & depression), and so left again.

just completed student finance and although i'm in wales, it says i will have to pay the £9000 tuition fee for the first year up front. will the fact that i didnt use a years finance when i was at the 2nd uni make a difference? i could get letters from both my psychologist and GP (to show student finance i left uni for mental health reasons) who i have been seeing at great expense to try and get to the bottom of my issues.

thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi everyone . I've recently have been having appointments with a psychiatrist. She says that i might have bipolar, schizophrenia and she said i might have a personality disorder and an identity disorder. I've been given quetiapine (if that's how it's spelt) I feel really lost
Original post by lonelybrummie
Hi everyone . I've recently have been having appointments with a psychiatrist. She says that i might have bipolar, schizophrenia and she said i might have a personality disorder and an identity disorder. I've been given quetiapine (if that's how it's spelt) I feel really lost

Good luck with the quetiapine, it can be really sedating and make you put on weight so be aware of that. It's good that you're finally getting somewhere, hopefully they will be able to help you more now. :smile:
Original post by lonelybrummie

Glad you've been able to see a psychiatrist, and good luck with the meds. :smile:

Original post by Sabertooth
x

How did dissertation handing in go? :jumphug:
Original post by superwolf
How did dissertation handing in go? :jumphug:

The printer jammed, then the university computer wouldn't let us sign in for some reason. Luckily I had already printed one copy so I could photocopy it for the second copy. Got it bound, sent it. Should arrive 5th, bit worried what I'm going to do if it doesn't arrive. :s-smilie: Pretty nervous about what mark I'm going to get.

Latest