The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dobbyisafreeelf
mate come back when "shinji" has a champions league medal

Anderson:

1 Champions League medal, 4 Premier League medals.

Original post by Manchester United
Anderson:

1 Champions League medal, 4 Premier League medals.

Gerrard is the best player in PL history, dont insult him with foolish comparisons
Gerrard is the best player in PL history, dont insult him with foolish comparisons

Do you mean the best Premiership player, to never win the Premiership?
Please stop feeding this guy

Original post by So Instinct
I didn't catch the other one, what was it? :awesome:

Spoiler

Do you mean the best Premiership player, to never win the Premiership?

Best prem player full stop
Best prem player full stop

At least crop the ogre out.
Let get back to fabregas talk
Original post by ledleyking123

Oh Ledley, why must you do this to yourself. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real Madrid have apparently bid 100 million euro for Bale! (Source ESPN) That is a crazy amount of money! He's good but no way is he worth that much.
Reply 7490
Moyes:
Asked if he was concerned that he has still not made any major signings ahead of the new season, Moyes added: ‘No, not necessarily.

‘We hoped we would [have signed players by now], but what we've got here already is a really good squad of players.

‘Undoubtedly, we're hoping to add to it, and I'm confident we will do before the window shuts.

‘We've got until September 2 this year, that's transfer deadline day, so I'm confident we'll have players in by then.

‘The squad without any additions will be tough opponents for any team this season. That’s the squad that finished 15 point clear at top of Premier League. I’m confident with that squad they’ll be looking at Manchester United.’
Original post by So Instinct
You're getting a guy who's barely ever made a challenge for top 4. Moyes was good at coming mid table with a low budget squad, just because he gets more money doesn't mean he would have it in him to push on for the title.
Everton were notorious for dropping of in the second half of the season, they usually had a really negative and conservative approach to most big games. Last season was a little better though, so that may or may not apply. He's going to have more pressure than he's ever had on him though, pretty much every move will be scrutinised and you know people will jump on him as soon as they get a chance.
I'm not saying you guys will fall dramatically, but I think it will be top 4 rather than title push- when you exchange a SAF for a Moyes there simply has to be a decline. It will be interesting though and tbh I think this year will be more exciting than the past 4.

Think RVP might have a dip in form too, which if happens would hinder you guys quite alot.
6 and 7th isn't midtable that solid form behind the top sides, there are 20 sides midtable is in and around 10th. He, SAF, Jose, none of them would be able to break the top with his squad, you can see how hard Spurs are finding it with a significant spend. The fact he can get 6th and 7th means most of the time he's winning, he's able to beat the team below him, and he's played some good game in the last couple of seasons against the top sides. Everton dropped points, but generally thats what happens when the squad is too small, United finish strongly because SAF is able to rotate and does so a lot. At Everton Moyes has to rely on the same players as he's got a limited pool of capable players, he's not Mancini bring Aguero off the bench, not SAF bringing on Chica, he's bringing Naismith. His ability to cope with injuries and fatigue is not the same as any of the teams above him. Again, its common sense he's going to approach big games conservatively Everton don't have the weapons to beat the top sides, which is why expecting top 4 from him is just stupid, it like complaining Chelsea played negatively against Barca, you play positive football when you can and play smart when you can't. He played a bit more positively last season as he had Fellaini who he could use aggressively, Baines and Pienaar. He's got some pressure, but I don't think its Mancini levels of pressure, most people seem to think United only have a top 4 squad, so he's hardly expected to deliver the title. I think he's a step down from SAF, but personally, I don't think there are any manager that wouldn't have been a step down from the greatest club manager in the PL history and the stability we had. That said, I don't think he's this bumbling fool people are making out that changes our fortunes drasitcally. Top 4 will be substantially closer if Arsenal get a striker too. United may well end up in a top 4 scrap, but I just don't think "Moyes has never been top 4" is a good reasoning for that prediction.

I don't think RVP will have a serious dip, he might not hit the same figures but his game is pretty consistent, he's looks at the peak of his career. I think he'll still hit 15+ league goals. Even with a few less, Rooney had a poor season, Welbeck was abysmal, as were Nani and Young, Shinji only played well in the second half but still was a step down from his German form, Hernandez didn't play enough but was on form. I think we'll see more goals from elsewhere in the forward line this season, I don't think RVP will be under the same pressure to score as many regardless of whether he does. Not to mention, I don't think we'll be shipping goals like the start of last season.
Good to see moyes is promising signinga
Original post by ledleyking123

Want to analyse the reasons why this was the stupidest transfer attempt ever made?
Original post by Zürich
Want to analyse the reasons why this was the stupidest transfer attempt ever made?

I thought that mantle belonged to United attempting to sign Van Persie ...oh wait. :teehee: :coma:
Reply 7495
What makes people think that the clear winners of the prem last season are gonna finish outside the top 3?

Only Chelsea and City are challenging us this season. Who have Arsenal signed? They're laughing at us trying to get Fabregas, but what have they actually done? Apart from made a failed bid for Suarez?

Also, Liverpool? Your best player wants to leave ffs! You ain't finishing inside the top 4 next season, I'm fairly confident of that.

If we finish outside top 3, it's a bad season.

brb celebrating finishing 4th
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I thought that mantle belonged to United attempting to sign Van Persie ...oh wait. :teehee: :coma:

Difference is RVP doesnt give a **** who he plays for and that AFC had no leg to stand on with his contract situation(still 24m for a 29y old in his last year was a great price tbf) whereas neither Barca/Cesc want to talk to Utd. There's also David Moyes.
Original post by Zürich
Difference is RVP doesnt give a **** who he plays for and that AFC had no leg to stand on with his contract situation(still 24m for a 29y old in his last year was a great price tbf) whereas neither Barca/Cesc want to talk to Utd. There's also David Moyes.

What about David Moyes?
Original post by Zürich

Oops, should have realised that would give you yet another chance to take a shot at our new manager. Can't wait until May.
If we're playing Carrick in defence I'd be very worried as to who we would be playing in central midfield.

Latest