The Student Room Group

Vocaroo your accent!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840

Where are you from? :beard:
Reply 842
Original post by eliza.anne
Where are you from? :beard:

Near Dudley in the West Midlands, although I have been told I haven't got much of the accent thank god :awesome:
Original post by Idle
Near Dudley in the West Midlands, although I have been told I haven't got much of the accent thank god :awesome:

Haha you don't, I wasn't sure at all as you sound exactly like a guy I know from Bristol. Glad I didn't guess Bristol :lol:
Reply 844
Original post by Hustler-1337
Lol at the way you say 'akkkkuretttly', something unique :biggrin:

Is English your second language and are you Indian? :smile:

Lool, what's wrong with my 'akkkkuretttly!' XP
I like stressing on words wayyyy too much.
And you're only half right, I'm part Indian. Buttttttt, English is my first language, thank you very much. :tongue:
Original post by TheMagicRat
Did you say "ridiculously deep"? What are these people on about?

Haha, yeah, if you hear my last one, I think it's page 43 or something, I do actually sound like a boy to start with, and a lad at school asked me why my voice had broken when I was 13, although that might have been because his voice was pretty high for a guy. I sound like an English version of my brother. I should get my siblings to do this actually...they've both got epic Scottish accents going on

Edit: Woops, no, page 41
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 846
Reply 847
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Is that not what French people find hard to pronounce when speaking English? You must be like a born languages speaker :awesome:

I think so, the th sound is quite rare, although they use it in Icelandic as well. :colondollar:
Thank you. :biggrin: One of my teachers thought that I had german relatives :lolwut:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Idle

This is what I've been waiting for. Someone else from the Black Country. Your accent isn't as strong as I was hoping for though.
Original post by -Neuro-
Asklepios was right and its a pretty admirable quality to be honest! If I remember correctly you said you were 6 foot 5 too which I suppose adds another twist :tongue:

Yep, 6'5". And I've recently started to lift. :lol:

It would be a bit of a pain to record :redface: :

Nah. ez brah. Listen. When you come to Edinburgh (because we're obviously the best medical school and why would you go anywhere else), we'll get a mic set up with two pop filters set up. We'll bring our copies of the book and boom.

Original post by ladymarshmallow
I think so, the th sound is quite rare, although they use it in Icelandic as well. :colondollar:
Thank you. :biggrin: One of my teachers thought that I had german relatives :lolwut:

The Icelandics even have their own letter for the th sound. The thorn!
We used to have the thorn, too, in Middle English.

means "the". It's why we commonly see "ye olde..." in films or cartoons when they're back in the olden days, because the thorn in Middle English looked like a y!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ladymarshmallow

Why did she think that? :tongue:

One of my sister's teachers thought she had Italian roots :lolwut:

I remember I was on a train down south and these girls from Norway were trying to teach me their language. We only managed to get through how to pronounce their alphabet though, it was tricky :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My microphone is actually so crap.. I'll probably post one on my other laptop later
Reply 853
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I actually quite like Scouse accents, it's weird. I think it's because it was the first accent I could ever imitate, we did Blood Brothers at school and I was alright at copying it by the end. :lol: Some Glaswegian voices can be nice too, but I prefer the softer ones. They do, so do Jason Isaacs, Ian McKellen and Jeremy Irons :love: Oh, and Tom Hiddleston.

Yeah, once ended up seeing a recording of me in a play I did, as soon as I came on I buried my face in my hands. :lol: I just re-did mine, couldn't resist. Haha, that's amazing! Apparently the accent you have when you're seven is the one you keep, which makes sense, although I shifted from mild Cornish to this weird posh one that doesn't really belong anywhere. Kinda wish I had a proper regional accent but ah well, I'll move abroad where my British accent will be adorable no matter what. :tongue:

Yep, that's the one! She's got a great voice.

Fair enough! I always remember the Glesga physics channel when I hear a Glaswegian accent or it's mentioned somewhere :lol:

Spoiler

Tom Hiddleston :love: Benedict Cumberbatch has a cool voice too. I love going about town at this time as there are a lot of tourists about and you get to hear their accents.

That's the same with me! I've done public speaking competitions and as prep I've always recorded myself and listened back to what I've said as I know that I'll give myself harsh criticism and that I'll try and amend anything which isn't pristine fluidity. :colondollar: Really? That makes sense but accents do change after that age :curious: That's a good plan, move to country where your looks and accent are exotic and mysterious. I'll be strange wherever I go to be honest :colonhash:

Original post by AspiringMedic8
Mines is up, it's so bad! :lol:

You sound fine :h: You sound very scottish and a bit like my old physics teacher!

Because I'm not Irish or because your guess was wrong? Thank you :h:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yep, 6'5". And I've recently started to lift. :lol:

Nah. ez brah. Listen. When you come to Edinburgh (because we're obviously the best medical school and why would you go anywhere else), we'll get a mic set up with two pop filters set up. We'll bring our copies of the book and boom.

Alpha as brah.

Sound :cool: Here I have query, are the university halls only reserved for those who live outwith Edinburgh or is there sufficient place for those who live in Edinburgh but want to leave home? :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

Birmingham?
Original post by -Neuro-

Alpha as brah.

Sound :cool: Here I have query, are the university halls only reserved for those who live outwith Edinburgh or is there sufficient place for those who live in Edinburgh but want to leave home? :lol:

Priority is given to those who live outwith Edinburgh - those are the people who have guarantees, however, if there's space left over, then people who live in Edinburgh can get them.
Priority is given to those who live outwith Edinburgh - those are the people who have guarantees, however, if there's space left over, then people who live in Edinburgh can get them.

Oh! I'm totally applying to Edinburgh! It's so far away though :moon: if I get an offer it might even be my firm :awesome:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh! I'm totally applying to Edinburgh! It's so far away though :moon: if I get an offer it might even be my firm :awesome:

You can't come to our super awesome Hobbit reading. :hand:
Unless you have hidden voice talents we've yet to discover?
You can't come to our super awesome Hobbit reading. :hand:

*scottish accent* that's fine by me... I'll be doing an awesome degree anyway... :mad:

When does yours finish'
Original post by L'Evil Fish
*scottish accent* that's fine by me... I'll be doing an awesome degree anyway... :mad:

When does yours finish'

2018, probably.

Quick Reply

Latest