The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Don't know if anyone would be interested, but it's the prayer vigil of WYD at the moment. I'm watching it here:
http://wydcentral.org/live/
Original post by Aula
Don't know if anyone would be interested, but it's the prayer vigil of WYD at the moment. I'm watching it here:
http://wydcentral.org/live/

Thanks for the link. I would watch it - would of course love to! - but I think my brain has been turned into mush by Wagnerfest :o: So I should probs sleep instead of watching :sad:
Reply 202
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hi: Good to hear from you hun! Hope things are OK your end? :hugs:

Good to hear from you too! They are indeed :smile: My Dad is going to Grenada tomorrow to visit a church our church helped to rebuild after a hurricane, so it will be great to hear how they are getting on. Just finished a busy month long cleaning contract at Reading Uni...I swear I will be the cleanest student ever :P Plus, according to this Vocaroo thread I sound like Hermione Granger :colondollar: How are you?
Original post by Alice_95
Good to hear from you too! They are indeed :smile: My Dad is going to Grenada tomorrow to visit a church our church helped to rebuild after a hurricane, so it will be great to hear how they are getting on. Just finished a busy month long cleaning contract at Reading Uni...I swear I will be the cleanest student ever :P Plus, according to this Vocaroo thread I sound like Hermione Granger :colondollar: How are you?

Ooooh, that's very exciting about your dad going to Grenada! :awesome: Praying it's a really great and inspirational trip for him :smile:

You sound like Hermione Granger?! :eek: Y u no in the films?! :colonhash:

I'm OK thanks. I've been going to lots of Wagner Proms this week. The shortest one was three hours without an interval :colonhash: So much Wagner is NOT good for anyone's soul, methinks :teehee:
Reply 204
Ooooh, that's very exciting about your dad going to Grenada! :awesome: Praying it's a really great and inspirational trip for him :smile:

You sound like Hermione Granger?! :eek: Y u no in the films?! :colonhash:

I'm OK thanks. I've been going to lots of Wagner Proms this week. The shortest one was three hours without an interval :colonhash: So much Wagner is NOT good for anyone's soul, methinks :teehee:

It is! Thank you, I shall be too :smile:

Apparently so, see what you think: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1H45BkKKSKy

Woah! It shall be the subject of your dreams! :wink:
It is! Thank you, I shall be too :smile:

Woah! It shall be the subject of your dreams! :wink:

JESUS CHRIST, YOU DO SOUND LIKE HERMIONE! :eek3: :ahee: :banana:

I don't think I dreamt about Wagner but I was up most of the night :sadnod:
Reply 206
JESUS CHRIST, YOU DO SOUND LIKE HERMIONE! :eek3: :ahee: :banana:

I don't think I dreamt about Wagner but I was up most of the night :sadnod:

Haha I think some voice acting is in order :wink:

Oh :frown: I've been finding it hard to get to sleep recently, was it anything in particular?
Haha I think some voice acting is in order :wink:

Oh :frown: I've been finding it hard to get to sleep recently, was it anything in particular?

You totally should. Bags me the first autograph :gah:

I think Wagner + heatwave is not good for my soul, tbh :o:
Reply 208
Original post by OurSeaBee
The second largest and, of course, the best. :P

Bearing in mind that we consider ourselves to be the one holy, catholic and apostolic Church, we're not really 'out there' at all, I suppose. Orthodoxy just doesn't seem to have entered people's consciousness. I doubt that many Sunday schools or Children's groups would have anybody knowledgeable enough to give even a basic introduction, and so what little people do 'know' about the Church is often just plain wrong. And, of course, it's foreign!

:teehee: :console:

Original post by FinnLassie
Less than 24 hours and I'm in the plane back to the UK. Prayers please.

Also, what the heck does one do in Manchester on a Sunday for 5 hours? :nothing:

:hugs: hope it's okay, I'm a bit late :colondollar:

Sorry I went AWOL again. ****'s going down this end, plus it's been Wagnerfest, and so Internet time has been sporadic at best. Hope everyone is OK. Praying for all intentions :yes:

:jumphug:

Hello everyone. Apologies for not posting for a while, I hope everyone is well on this Sunday morning :smile:

:wavey:

Ooh, you do sound like here :ahee:
Reply 209
You totally should. Bags me the first autograph :gah:

Right. I'll get cracking on that then :wink:

Ah I see, not a good mix. I'm a bit sick of hot nights myself.
Reply 210
Original post by Mazzini
:teehee: :console:

:hugs: hope it's okay, I'm a bit late :colondollar:

:jumphug:

:wavey:

Ooh, you do sound like here :ahee:

Hello! Ah thanks :smile: How are you?

Wagner is great, but heatwave is vile :frown: I woke up at 7, after going to sleep at 1 and waking up at 2, 4, half 5, 6...
Reply 212
Original post by AtomicTheory
Wagner is great, but heatwave is vile :frown: I woke up at 7, after going to sleep at 1 and waking up at 2, 4, half 5, 6...

I can very much relate to this. I've found only having a very thin cover only covering you up to your waist can help, and if your bed is near a window that's better.
We had a storm last night plus a bucket ton of rain so I stayed up until 4am reading Stephen King... Worth it :awesome:
Original post by AtomicTheory

Same here. Damn heatwave :grumble:
Packed my suitcase for the camping trip with my youth group, heading to Norfolk tomorrow!
Packed my bible too! Will be needing it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Hello! Ah thanks :smile: How are you?

Sleepy :colondollar: you?

Original post by James A
Packed my suitcase for the camping trip with my youth group, heading to Norfolk tomorrow!

:wavey: welcome :h:

Have a great time camping :biggrin:
Reply 218
Original post by Mazzini
Sleepy :colondollar: you?

:wavey: welcome :h:

Have a great time camping :biggrin:

I am rather sleepy as well :smile:
Original post by James A
Packed my bible too! Will be needing it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long are you away for and what type of things will you be doing? It sounds fun! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending