The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Does anyone else have an issue with their mood sinking at a particular time of day? It seems no matter what i'm doing/have done during the day, i start to feel upset and nervy at around 9pm. Almost as if i've got into the habit of thinking through my life in that time of evening and now it's just stuck as a bad habit. Even if i'm not technically thinking any bad thoughts i've noticed i get anxious at 9pm ish.
Reply 5141
Original post by superwolf
Do you have any hobbies along the lines of volunteering or doing drama or anything? Something to push you more? If that kind of thing has helped a bit then I'd suggest doing more. :smile: There are also lots of self-help books out there if you want to deal with this on your own - you could see if a doctor or anyone with similar experiences could recommend you a good one.

I literally have no hobbies:s-smilie:(makes me sound so boring), but i'll have to find something as i need to break out of this.
Thanks for the advice :colone::colone:
Reply 5142
Original post by poppy274
Hey all (hope everyone's well),
I suffer from anxiety and often have panic attacks, it has improved but it's still really holding me back. Any advice on what i should do?
Thanks in advance :-)

Welcome :smile:

I also get anxiety. So far all i know to do is to distract myself with things i need to deeply concentrate on :/
Reply 5143
Original post by coco_madem0iselle
Hi all
:hugs:
Currently seeing someone for my anxiety which is going well, but right now I'm kind of freaking out.
I had an ultrasound scan recently (trans abdominal) due to some period pain issues which is another story in itself, anyway they found a cyst on one of my ovaries.
Stupidly, I decided to do some googling. Silly me stumbled upon a forum full of women who had been diagnosed with a cyst and later found out it was ovarian cancer.
Even sillier me decided to look at the symptoms of ovarian cancer and convince myself I have them all,
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to discuss the results of the scan, what do you think I should do? Tell her I'm worried about cancer? :s-smilie: I do have a family history of breast cancer...
My heart is beating so fast right now, I can't think straight :frown:

Yeah googling always make it worse but definitely talk to your doctor about any worries. Mention any symptoms you have or think you have and then you'll get piece of mind. Tonight write down all the stuff you want to say to the doctor so you dont miss stuff but then leave it and go watch telly or something so it don't take over your evening. Hugs.
I hate my weight. :sad:

weight related

Original post by james1211
Does anyone else have an issue with their mood sinking at a particular time of day? It seems no matter what i'm doing/have done during the day, i start to feel upset and nervy at around 9pm. Almost as if i've got into the habit of thinking through my life in that time of evening and now it's just stuck as a bad habit. Even if i'm not technically thinking any bad thoughts i've noticed i get anxious at 9pm ish.

Yeah, I think a lot of people get worse at certain times of day - for me it's afternoons or evenings. It might help to anticipate things and start doing something mind-absorbing before the depression hits, like playing a computer game or watching some good telly. That or having company sometimes helps me. :smile:

Original post by Sultana
Its the middle of the night where my friend is but i made him get up and talk to me because all i ever do is use people. Im so sorry to still be posting i keep trying to stop but am too selfish. I dont know why but typing helps a tiny bit for a second. Am so scared by my head and crazyness. He made me ring the crisis team in front of him cos otherwise he would have and that would have cost him so much. He had to tell me what to say cos im completely unhumanfied. I wish that i could properly act like a human who is ill and get help and talk and not like a mad alien thing. Im sorry for posting again im waiting for the crisis team to call back and i dont understand why because they are so scary and will stop me from doing what is right. I think i just need to prove this point because then he will understand properly and will stop minding.

It's not using people if they understand the situation and want to help. :nah: And yeah, being ill can be scary, but you're still gonna get through this! :hugs:
got all worked up because i got the hiccups now iv gone all itchy, and thee boyfriend has gone to sleep :cry2:

really dont need a night like this :sad:
I literally have no hobbies:s-smilie:(makes me sound so boring), but i'll have to find something as i need to break out of this.

Do you have the Mind charity in your area? Sometimes they run classes/groups in stuff which would give you some hobbies - for eg. the one in my area ran badminton, dress-making, art, woodwork among other stuff. You could try that? Or sometimes universities or local libraries run classes in stuff (I did art and a language) which is generally quite cheap and might help your anxiety by being around people as well as fulfill your lack of hobbies.
Reply 5148

I didn't a couple of years ago so i just threw myself at various social clubs and sports and whatever i enjoyed i just continued. Can honestly say it's hugely transformed my life. I don't go to them anymore but the friends i made at them stuck and now we do our own things.

Good luck finding something and don't be afraid to step out your comfort zone :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
I hate my weight. :sad:

weight related

But...

BBQ did not go well at all. :cry2: Spent the whole thing struggling not to burst into tears then had a complete meltdown as soon as I got back home. :sad: So useless I cant even manage to sit through a bbq. :cry2:

Yeah I'm exactly the same. :sadnod: Start feeling really awful at around 8pm. :frown: Nights are so hard. :hugs:

Also, hello to the new people. :wavey: :hugs:
Reply 5151
Welcome :smile:

I also get anxiety. So far all i know to do is to distract myself with things i need to deeply concentrate on :/

Helloo :cool:
Yep distraction sometimes works, it's just there's not always something to distract myself with :s-smilie:
Reply 5152
Yeah, I think a lot of people get worse at certain times of day - for me it's afternoons or evenings. It might help to anticipate things and start doing something mind-absorbing before the depression hits, like playing a computer game or watching some good telly. That or having company sometimes helps me. :smile:

I actually rewatch some shows i've seen hundreds of times when i feel particularly bad - sounds weird but sometimes just a certain presenter can cheer me up :laugh:
Reply 5153
tried to reply to people 3 times and each time my internet crashes. Its ridiculous and I get so frustrated. Ahhhhh I give up
Reply 5154
Original post by zonkfrog
tried to reply to people 3 times and each time my internet crashes. Its ridiculous and I get so frustrated. Ahhhhh I give up

Mines been going off continuously all day, so frustrating. Maybe try using the TSR phone app, i doubt it uses much data at all.
Reply 5155
Original post by Sabertooth
Do you have the Mind charity in your area? Sometimes they run classes/groups in stuff which would give you some hobbies - for eg. the one in my area ran badminton, dress-making, art, woodwork among other stuff. You could try that? Or sometimes universities or local libraries run classes in stuff (I did art and a language) which is generally quite cheap and might help your anxiety by being around people as well as fulfill your lack of hobbies.

Not sure, i'll definitely look into it though:cool:. Problem is I live in the middle of nowhere so there's not much opportunity for that kind of stuff :mad:
Reply 5156
Original post by octoberbaby
X

Also. Don't care if this is public :h: I love you <3
Original post by tasha96
BBQ did not go well at all. :cry2: Spent the whole thing struggling not to burst into tears then had a complete meltdown as soon as I got back home. :sad: So useless I cant even manage to sit through a bbq. :cry2:

I wouldn't call you useless at all. :nah: We've all been there - I once spent an entire two hours hiding in the toilets of a bowling alley because I couldn't stop crying (for no reason :tongue:). Hope you feel better soon, but definitely don't feel ashamed of yourself!
Reply 5158
Original post by tasha96
I'm exactly the same. :sadnod: Start feeling really awful at around 8pm. :frown: Nights are so hard. :hugs:

:hugs: i think it's made worse because any built up stress makes it harder to sleep.

Helloo :cool:
Yep distraction sometimes works, it's just there's not always something to distract myself with :s-smilie:

I found even doing things like crosswords and sudoku has been helping. Something i can quickly pull out and start when i feel any negativity coming.

I need to learn to multiquote better, realised i've made about 12 posts in here in the last 15 minutes :s-smilie:

But...

don't think so...

Latest