The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zonkfrog
tried to reply to people 3 times and each time my internet crashes. Its ridiculous and I get so frustrated. Ahhhhh I give up

Why don't you copy the quotes into notepad, write your reply there, then just copy+paste your message. That way, if the internet crashes, you still have your message in notepad.
Original post by superwolf
I wouldn't call you useless at all. :nah: We've all been there - I once spent an entire two hours hiding in the toilets of a bowling alley because I couldn't stop crying (for no reason :tongue:). Hope you feel better soon, but definitely don't feel ashamed of yourself!

:hugs:

Just makes me feel so pathetic and useless. :cry2: And the way my parents react to me crying, you'd think I'd just ran round the garden naked singing "my old man's a dustman". :tongue: Just feeling so bad at the moment anyway and I knew it would happen if I went. But I didn't want to disappoint everyone by not going. :frown: It wouldn't have been something that other people would have struggled with. :s-smilie:
Reply 5162
Sorry I haven't replied to anyone on here or facebook or skype or text or whatever. Will try post here every so often if I can. If not don't worry though. There's really nothing I can say here at the moment, but all the best to everyone. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of things to do and don't know where to start!
Original post by Sabertooth

don't think so...

yeah but...

Original post by rmhumphries
Why don't you copy the quotes into notepad, write your reply there, then just copy+paste your message. That way, if the internet crashes, you still have your message in notepad.

You stole my idea! :tongue:

Original post by tasha96
:hugs:

Just makes me feel so pathetic and useless. :cry2: And the way my parents react to me crying, you'd think I'd just ran round the garden naked singing "my old man's a dustman". :tongue: Just feeling so bad at the moment anyway and I knew it would happen if I went. But I didn't want to disappoint everyone by not going. :frown: It wouldn't have been something that other people would have struggled with. :s-smilie:

Well you're not! :smile: Your parents clearly lack understanding of what's going on with you, but that's no reflection on you. And true, a lot of people wouldn't have struggled with it, but if you asked all the people in this society to go to your parents' barbecue then I expect a lot of us would struggle too! :tongue:

Original post by asdfgah
Sorry I haven't replied to anyone on here or facebook or skype or text or whatever. Will try post here every so often if I can. If not don't worry though. There's really nothing I can say here at the moment, but all the best to everyone. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Stay safe.
Reply 5166
Original post by james1211
Mines been going off continuously all day, so frustrating. Maybe try using the TSR phone app, i doubt it uses much data at all.

Yeah I've swapped to phone. Its so annoying cause its a combination of old and broken buggy laptop and bad signal so if the signal isnt crashing the laptop is :frown:.

I hate when stuff doesnt work. It really gets to me and either i get frustated and want to throw stuff or i just give in and bubble :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5167
Yeah I've swapped to phone. Its so annoying cause its a combination of old and broken buggy laptop and bad signal so if the signal isnt crashing the laptop is :frown:.

I hate when stuff doesnt work. It really gets to me and either i get frustated and want to throw stuff or i just give in and bubble :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used half my entire months mobile data allowance because the broadband was off yesterday and i was half way through a movie.

yeah but...

To be fair to her, she doesn't make fun of me that often, but it did hurt on that occasion.

I'm not sure that things can get much worse tbh. :frown: The walls are constantly shouting and I've starting hearing another voice which laughs at me whenever I try to do anything causing me to fail. On top of it all I still don't have a plan for what I'm going to do to avoid the bad stuff happening. At least if I lost some weight people would stop making fun of me for that thing (I know it wouldn't stop entirely but it would be a start).
To be fair to her, she doesn't make fun of me that often, but it did hurt on that occasion.

I'm not sure that things can get much worse tbh. :frown: The walls are constantly shouting and I've starting hearing another voice which laughs at me whenever I try to do anything causing me to fail. On top of it all I still don't have a plan for what I'm going to do to avoid the bad stuff happening. At least if I lost some weight people would stop making fun of me for that thing (I know it wouldn't stop entirely but it would be a start).

:hugs: Well she wears ugly glasses tell her. :tongue:

One word:
[scroll]hospitalisation[/scroll]

Well you're not! :smile: Your parents clearly lack understanding of what's going on with you, but that's no reflection on you. And true, a lot of people wouldn't have struggled with it, but if you asked all the people in this society to go to your parents' barbecue then I expect a lot of us would struggle too! :tongue:

Thank you. :hugs: I get that I'm probably being stupid about it. :colondollar: But I find it so hard to argue with my head when I'm feeling really low, especially when what my parents are saying backs it all up. :sad: The barbecue itself was really nice, you'd probably all have had a really good time. :tongue:
:hugs: Well she wears ugly glasses tell her. :tongue:

One word:
[scroll]hospitalisation[/scroll]

:afraid:

Ok you win.
Original post by tasha96
Thank you. :hugs: I get that I'm probably being stupid about it. :colondollar: But I find it so hard to argue with my head when I'm feeling really low, especially when what my parents are saying backs it all up. :sad: The barbecue itself was really nice, you'd probably all have had a really good time. :tongue:

You're not being stupid, you're just not thinking outside of typical depressed thoughts, if that makes sense. :tongue: I get what you mean though, and that's why it's useful to have other people who understand and can point out the other side of things. :smile: Have you ever tried to get your parents to think more carefully about mental health issues? Might be worth printing off some leaflets from Mind or taking them along to a doctor's appointment sometime.
:afraid:

Ok you win.

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, just really really don't want things to get that bad for you again. :hugs:

Spoiler

You're not being stupid, you're just not thinking outside of typical depressed thoughts, if that makes sense. :tongue: I get what you mean though, and that's why it's useful to have other people who understand and can point out the other side of things. :smile: Have you ever tried to get your parents to think more carefully about mental health issues? Might be worth printing off some leaflets from Mind or taking them along to a doctor's appointment sometime.

Yeah, I've tried. :s-smilie: They don't cope massively well with mental health issues. :frown: It's all a bit scary for them. :s-smilie: Mum's been along to a psychiatrists appointment once (because they wanted to speak to her) but I've never really had the guts to take either of them to a proper appointment or a gp's appointment. :frown: Will definitely have a look at giving them a leaflet though, they might respond a bit better to it if it's written down. :smile: :hugs:
is there anyone free to chat? thinks could potentially go massively down hill tonight :sadnod:
Original post by tasha96
Yeah, I've tried. :s-smilie: They don't cope massively well with mental health issues. :frown: It's all a bit scary for them. :s-smilie: Mum's been along to a psychiatrists appointment once (because they wanted to speak to her) but I've never really had the guts to take either of them to a proper appointment or a gp's appointment. :frown: Will definitely have a look at giving them a leaflet though, they might respond a bit better to it if it's written down. :smile: :hugs:

Hope it goes better if you try again. :smile:
Original post by PonchoKid
is there anyone free to chat? thinks could potentially go massively down hill tonight :sadnod:

I'm going to be up all night if I can be any help at all. :hugs:

Hope it goes better if you try again. :smile:

Thanks. :smile: :hugs: If I ever pluck up the courage to. :tongue:
x

x

:hugs: thank you for the advice guys.
I'll write down my symptoms and watch some Netflix then try and get some sleep.
Reply 5179
Tonight just went dramatically down hill.

Latest