The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Lord of the Flies
Yo TSR I need your help. This is probably a long shot, but I'm trying to find an American comedy film in which the main character kills anyone that gets in his way - I don't know how central that is to the story, but that is the only thing I remember from the trailer. It is not God bless America, and it is not Falling Down, but I guess it's similar-ish. Ideas?

Have no idea personally, but using what you've said and a quick google search, the best I can come up with would be "American Psycho"?

Let me know if this was the one, hope it helps :smile:
Original post by Mr Tough
Have no idea personally, but using what you've said and a quick google search, the best I can come up with would be "American Psycho"?

Let me know if this was the one, hope it helps :smile:

Nah, it's a comedy, and a far lesser known film. I've done a good amount of Googling and I can't find it - my only hope is for someone to recognise it from my pathetically small description. :biggrin:
Reply 542
Original post by music788
I'm desperately trying to find the name of a film I sure as a child. Firstly, IT'S NOT E.T.!!!!!!
It's quite old school, must be 80s maybe??

All i can remember is a boy finding some sort of little alien creature. They become friends, and at one point theyre in a spaceship together flying over a town in the dark with loads of stars in the sky...

Longshot, but anyone know what i'm talking about!? Lol

The navigator....not an alien, but alien space ship
Original post by advent2
The films featured in this trailer are listed at the end but I'm particularly interested in knowing the names of the films below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUFefkVVuA

1 minute 46 seconds (red bikini)
1 minute 55 seconds (3 guys dancing)
1 minute 57 seconds (kiss on the table)

1 minute 55 is The Breakfast Club.
Yo TSR I need your help. This is probably a long shot, but I'm trying to find an American comedy film in which the main character kills anyone that gets in his way - I don't know how central that is to the story, but that is the only thing I remember from the trailer. It is not God bless America, and it is not Falling Down, but I guess it's similar-ish. Ideas?

The only film I can think of is British and very old- Kind Hearts and Coronets where Dennis Price bumps off eight relatives (all played by Sir Alec Guinness) to become a duke.
Original post by advent2

Sixteen Candles.

Original post by nulli tertius
The only film I can think of is British and very old- Kind Hearts and Coronets where Dennis Price bumps off eight relatives (all played by Sir Alec Guinness) to become a duke.

Ach, unfortunately that's not it either. Thanks anyway!
Reply 546
Nah, it's a comedy, and a far lesser known film. I've done a good amount of Googling and I can't find it - my only hope is for someone to recognise it from my pathetically small description. :biggrin:

Ah sorry, hope you find it!

On wiki, some critic described American Psycho as a comedy which is why I thought there was a chance it might be the one you were after....although the title certainly doesn't sound anything like a comedy! :rolleyes:
Whats this movie. I saw it late at night, around 4 AM.

Indian/asian boy who lives in america. Is accustomed to the american culture, he is westernised. I cant remember but his mother wants him to be more eastern, but his father understands. I think hes going to college, and he has a good talk with his father. His father then dies of a heart attack, and he then becomes very sad. He has a white girl friend who doesnt understand, and tries to get him away from his family to spend time with her, but he gets angry. He becomes more eastern.

Any ideas?
Reply 548
There was this film which haunted me when I was young >10 years ago on TV. There were lots of prisoners maybe trying to escape who made weird noises but couldn't speak. I think they may have had their tongue chopped off or something.

I really want to know what that was. I'm guessing that it was a late 80s film? It was possibly showing late night on channel 4 but that's a random guess :tongue:
I really don't have much hope for this do I :colondollar:

Edit: I remember these prisoners crawling through somewhere in a line. They were white btw though obviously dirty looking. I think there was a main prisoner with shoulder length hair.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by RVNmax
There was this film which haunted me when I was young >10 years ago on TV. There were lots of prisoners maybe trying to escape who made weird noises but couldn't speak. I think they may have had their tongue chopped off or something.

I really want to know what that was. I'm guessing that it was a late 80s film? It was possibly showing late night on channel 4 but that's a random guess :tongue:
I really don't have much hope for this do I :colondollar:

Edit: I remember these prisoners crawling through somewhere in a line. They were white btw though obviously dirty looking. I think there was a main prisoner with shoulder length hair.

Did this movie contain a scene where it was one of the prisoners daughters birthday or wedding or something, and they were escaping. Then during the movie one of them died cause the tunnel they were digging caved in and crushed him.

Because that movie is one i would like to know too.
Reply 550
Original post by A random human
Did this movie contain a scene where it was one of the prisoners daughters birthday or wedding or something, and they were escaping. Then during the movie one of them died cause the tunnel they were digging caved in and crushed him.

Because that movie is one i would like to know too.

It might be or it might not...:colondollar:

I actually don't know because I watched only a portion of this movie and it was so long ago. :redface:
Original post by A random human
Whats this movie. I saw it late at night, around 4 AM.

Indian/asian boy who lives in america. Is accustomed to the american culture, he is westernised. I cant remember but his mother wants him to be more eastern, but his father understands. I think hes going to college, and he has a good talk with his father. His father then dies of a heart attack, and he then becomes very sad. He has a white girl friend who doesnt understand, and tries to get him away from his family to spend time with her, but he gets angry. He becomes more eastern.

Any ideas?

I found this out in the end. It was "The Namesake"
Original post by Reagan Smash
Ohh I've seen this! Its got the guy from jack ass in I think its called The Ringer

Can I just say, you avatar is AWESOME!!!!!
Reply 553
Original post by advent2
The films featured in this trailer are listed at the end but I'm particularly interested in knowing the names of the films below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUFefkVVuA

1 minute 46 seconds (red bikini)
1 minute 55 seconds (3 guys dancing)

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Reply 554
Original post by shooting.star
lulz there's a bollywood rip off of this movie! don't know what it's called though..

Chor Machaya Shor . LOL it was really pathetic but funny :biggrin: And I just realised this was a few years ago.
Reply 555
Original post by .ACS.
The plot: basically some kid fails to get into university and so makes like fake letter heading paper to show his father to pretend he's at uni. His father then wants to visit so he hires a building next to a real university and gets it done up so his father can visit, and he makes an online website with enrolment. The issue is that thousands begin to enrol. Then basically at the end the kid gets local government permission to make his uni official and his father is real proud of him.

What's the title?

Cheers.

Accepted? 2006 film
Can anyone help with:

Possibly 80's horror movie. Girl with short blonde hair has several phones in her (new?) house that keep ringing... There's also a park nearby with some kind of hatch on the ground... When she approaches the park, blurred bushes in the foreground un-blur to reveal this creepy-as-hell face right in front of the camera in profile?

I realise that was the most vague description in the world, by the way, but I can't have been more than 6/7 when I watched it. :colondollar:
Reply 557
Original post by Rananagirl
Can anyone help with:

Possibly 80's horror movie. Girl with short blonde hair has several phones in her (new?) house that keep ringing... There's also a park nearby with some kind of hatch on the ground... When she approaches the park, blurred bushes in the foreground un-blur to reveal this creepy-as-hell face right in front of the camera in profile?

I realise that was the most vague description in the world, by the way, but I can't have been more than 6/7 when I watched it. :colondollar:

I'm not so sure about the hatch/blur thing, but the first part makes me think of the first 10-15 minutes of Scream with Drew Barrymore.
Trying to remember this movie.
A boy is sitting on a bench in the park with his friend in a rough part of America. His friend gets shot and dies, and the boy stays with his body until the next day/when the police arrive.
It is quite recent, made in the last 10 years.
Reply 559
Not a film,but a short youtube anime about a girl and a boy who are in love in a future world,and she goes to space and because space years are different they cant communicate?it was ages ago I watched this but it was a really good youtube anime.i seem to recall the boy had a bike and she rode on the back of it?anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest