The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Seriously you're not the only person in the world and if its that bad it might be a good idea to go see someone about it. Honestly you cant help it! :h:

Its just silly because i dunno. I wouldnt know how to bring it up or to who. And they cant really do anything for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
We have so many teddies hahaha

Yeah..

=======================================

Gahhhh does anyone know how to stop panicking about being sick when they have a bad phobia of being sick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ginger's meant to help a lot with nausea (never tried it as I hate the stuff) and so are soft drinks (again, not tried myself). I tend to find crackers/bread help.
Its just silly because i dunno. I wouldnt know how to bring it up or to who. And they cant really do anything for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get therapy for phobias - I think bullettheory was meant to get it at one stage, only it clashed with his DBT.

bullettheory
:horse:

See above. :smile:
It's not a worry, it's the fact I have a panic attack and stop breathing while being sick, and sit there crying because I'm terrified of throwing up blood again.
I can't even be NEAR someone that's being sick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably obvious but have you got any antiemetics? Something like promethazine can be bought over the counter quite easily and should help stop you feeling sick.
Reply 5204
The master of illusion is here.
Sorry I've been AWOL. Things are quite weird this end and Internet access is poor.

Am off Up North for a getaway to help stabilise my health a bit. Not sure I've been this far north before! :afraid: :ahhhhh: :eek2:

:p:

:ninja:

Original post by zonkfrog
Tonight just went dramatically down hill.

:hugs:

Original post by tasha96
BBQ did not go well at all. :cry2: Spent the whole thing struggling not to burst into tears then had a complete meltdown as soon as I got back home. :sad: So useless I cant even manage to sit through a bbq. :cry2:

Not useless at all. The only good thing about BBQs is the food. I'm assuming lots of people were there, which is not good for the soul when you're not feeling great.

I know I'm being useless but don't suffer in silence - text me if you need to! Due to all the **** this end, Internet usage is limited :emo:

Original post by Deyesy
Eh. We're not all bad :colonhash:

You really all are :colonhash:

:p:

Original post by Sultana
Thing things are very bad at the moment. Cant really say more because of the rules. Is weird how even despite of how many bad feelings being home produces and how unbearable it can be am much much safer there. Yesterday someone at uni spent lots of time with me and took me home which was so nice and more proof of how i cant exist and shouldn't try. Weird thing happened this morning. Being in the house got scarier than being out the house and i ended up in a church near me. Sat in the service and cried couldn't leave and the priest spoke to me and ended up talking and sobbing for ages about my friend and about why i want to go to Scotland and about bad stuff was weird. And kinda soothing. He helped me articulate some thoughts.

But is so bad cos am never going to manage and go and i cant even do one good thing. And used even more strangers time so much guilt and so much bad. So much hurting and people who care are all strangers and not right at all and im so not right at all and so so unsafe here i dont know how to be safe cos will never be better and don’t want this only want bad thing cos this isn't bearable or fair. Scared cos my brain keeps making me want to do this reckless stupid plan instead of the researched proper one and the stupid one would hurt others. So much scared.

Really sorry to hear things are so rough for you hun. Glad talking to that priest was a bit cathartic at least? :hugs: I've got a priest I wail at every few months. I find it very handy :colondollar:

Original post by lonelybrummie
Hi everyone . I've recently have been having appointments with a psychiatrist. She says that i might have bipolar, schizophrenia and she said i might have a personality disorder and an identity disorder. I've been given quetiapine (if that's how it's spelt) I feel really lost

Hey, sorry to hear about all those different potential diagnoses. Hopefully though it will give you more of a sense of where you are at and what can be done to help you? I know most people hate the labels but I need them :colondollar:

Original post by Sabertooth
The printer jammed, then the university computer wouldn't let us sign in for some reason. Luckily I had already printed one copy so I could photocopy it for the second copy. Got it bound, sent it. Should arrive 5th, bit worried what I'm going to do if it doesn't arrive. :s-smilie: Pretty nervous about what mark I'm going to get.

What drama! Well done for handing it in though. Regardless of the outcome, you should be incredibly proud of yourself :yep: :smartass: :ahee:

Original post by Robskeh
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety about a few years ago.

Things have always felt different from a very young age I would constantly get low moods and be lazy and have a poor outlook on life. I thought it was just me but it started getting really bad at 16 and it's just been pretty much downhill from there.

Since that time I'm still waiting on therapy, it's been nearly 3 years now and the doctors round my area have been so unhelpful they just make it worst. Every time i see them they either promise me they will get on the case or have completely forgotten i even asked for it. Back in the early days i went to see a psychiatrist and she just sat there looking down on me and judging me the whole time. Nothing even happened after that consultation which is even more frustrating.

I'm on citalopram 20mg and have been for a year, I was very reluctant to go on them and still kind of regret it as I feel it has messed me up. Luckily I'm starting to slowly cut down on them so I can completely get off such poison.

You have to deal with the cards your given in life but I'm struggling to cope more and more. It has such a big impact on education, health, family friends and relationships. I've been doing a levels for 3 years now and will probably doing them again as I am determined to complete them. I would have given up by now but I have proved to myself I am capable. I had a good 4 months last year and did psychology AS in 4 months and got an A.

I guess this kind of rant, just needed to put it out there on somewhere like this to connect with likeminded people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the thread. Sorry you've had such a **** time with doctors and everything. They can be such useless buggers sometimes. I've been kicked out by one psychiatrist and moved to another but I haven't heard anything from the new one. So I feel your pain :nothing:
Original post by kkovots
To be honest the majority of people nowadays face mental health problems because of stress,busy life and the evil world we live in.

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more. In my previous school I felt that my needs were undermined by the fact teachers thought I was your 'typical hysterical teenage girl'. I think that it's this stigma that is so toxic in our schools today. I felt that I had to constantly prove the fact I had Bipolar (II) to every new teacher which was more than humiliating. I felt this only exacerbated the problem and which I think lead to my falling grades.

Glad to say I have now left this school! :smile:

Has anybody else had any similar experiences?
Original post by superwolf
You can get therapy for phobias - I think bullettheory was meant to get it at one stage, only it clashed with his DBT.

See above. :smile:

Im starting CBT soon and didnt someone say your only menna have 1 therepy at once? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Probably obvious but have you got any antiemetics? Something like promethazine can be bought over the counter quite easily and should help stop you feeling sick.

No i havnt, and havnt any money either :frown: i managed to sleep luckily but hope it doesnt come back

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm always so tired but at the same time restless so I can never get comfy enough to sleep. :sigh: I have no idea how i'm going to cope with uni when i'm basically constantly asleep at the moment. Can't bloody focus on anything either cos my consentration is like zero so i'm always so bored and down. Deffinately not helpful for a corse that involves so much reading. Feels like i'm going downhill. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5210
Bloody hell, my GP surgery is ****. They only gave me half a month's prescription of mirtazapine last time, which means I've had to lower my dose to stop from running out whilst on holiday, which is probably contributing to downward spiral in MH over that period. Still on 225mg venlafaxine as well, but the mirtazapine-venlafaxine combination is meant to work synergistically and that is the only thing that has helped...

Anyway, called up to re-order and apparently I can't because I need to fill in another temporary residents' form. Which is total bull**** because I filled one in less than a month ago, and apparently they've lost it. And they close for lunch, which means I can't go during my lunch break and I'm going to have to rearrange that and employers will give me **** for it. Not sure if I'll be able to get the meds on time either, even though I'm only taking half my normal dose, so might have to do discontinuation-reintroduction fun. Excellent. Seriously ****ing fab.

Am near tears cos I can't do this, is so basic but it's taking all my energy. Definitely not well enough to work atm but if I don't I'll run out of money mid-year. And can't ditch job mid-summer anyway. Plus my parents would kick me out. And trying to communicate with people at doctors' surgery who are getting pissy with me just because I need meds and it's a Monday morning is so urgh. Can't. Do. This. Alternative seems so much easier and this is such a pathetic thing.
Reply 5211
Im starting CBT soon and didnt someone say your only menna have 1 therepy at once? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

CBT is one of the most helpful therapies for phobias, so if your therapist is willing to work with you on it I'm sure it would be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so, but possibly you can work on your phobia with them at some stage. :smile:

Original post by asdfgah
Bloody hell, my GP surgery is ****. They only gave me half a month's prescription of mirtazapine last time, which means I've had to lower my dose to stop from running out whilst on holiday, which is probably contributing to downward spiral in MH over that period. Still on 225mg venlafaxine as well, but the mirtazapine-venlafaxine combination is meant to work synergistically and that is the only thing that has helped...

Anyway, called up to re-order and apparently I can't because I need to fill in another temporary residents' form. Which is total bull**** because I filled one in less than a month ago, and apparently they've lost it. And they close for lunch, which means I can't go during my lunch break and I'm going to have to rearrange that and employers will give me **** for it. Not sure if I'll be able to get the meds on time either, even though I'm only taking half my normal dose, so might have to do discontinuation-reintroduction fun. Excellent. Seriously ****ing fab.

Am near tears cos I can't do this, is so basic but it's taking all my energy. Definitely not well enough to work atm but if I don't I'll run out of money mid-year. And can't ditch job mid-summer anyway. Plus my parents would kick me out. And trying to communicate with people at doctors' surgery who are getting pissy with me just because I need meds and it's a Monday morning is so urgh. Can't. Do. This. Alternative seems so much easier and this is such a pathetic thing.

:hugs: I feel your pain - I've spent most of the past year chasing up my ****ty pharmacy who were forever failing to order my meds. Was really upsetting, and I don't think you're at all pathetic for feeling bad about it. :nah:
Original post by asdfgah
CBT is one of the most helpful therapies for phobias, so if your therapist is willing to work with you on it I'm sure it would be possible.

I'll see how it goes, don't think Iv had a letter through about my first appointment yet. But I don't think it will happen, due to personal circumstances changing... Who knows.

Also drs surgeries are annoying! How the hell can they lose the form? Could you ask if you can do it over the phone?

If not could you ask for an hour off in the morning to pop to the drs and fill it in then, then go to work??
Hopefully it gets sorted :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll see how it goes, don't think Iv had a letter through about my first appointment yet. But I don't think it will happen, due to personal circumstances changing... Who knows.

Also drs surgeries are annoying! How the hell can they lose the form? Could you ask if you can do it over the phone?

If not could you ask for an hour off in the morning to pop to the drs and fill it in then, then go to work??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to wait about a month for the letter, then another 2 weeks for the first actual appointment. Are you going through "talking therapies" btw?

Yeah, cbt is really good, especially if you get a good therapist. I don't know if they are all like mine, but she seems more human and actually seems to care if i get better, unlike doctors.

I hope that letter comes soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the form needs to be signed (so wouldn't be valid until signed, so they wouldn't process it). Possibly ask if they can scan and send it out, then it can be filled in at leisure, and posted into the surgery?
Original post by Meaty_man
I had to wait about a month for the letter, then another 2 weeks for the first actual appointment. Are you going through "talking therapies" btw?

Yeah, cbt is really good, especially if you get a good therapist. I don't know if they are all like mine, but she seems more human and actually seems to care if i get better, unlike doctors.

I hope that letter comes soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it will happen for me then. The big secret will get in the way :s-smilie:
Also im guessing so? Considering im dtarting with phone cbt...

Its all confusing atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while because I've been working a lot and been away for a few days.

I've had another disappointment this morning and I've lost the little hope I had for the future:frown:.

I've not caught up with the thread because I've missed so much but hope you guys have been okay
Reply 5218
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I feel your pain - I've spent most of the past year chasing up my ****ty pharmacy who were forever failing to order my meds. Was really upsetting, and I don't think you're at all pathetic for feeling bad about it. :nah:

Managed to get it sorted (took an early lunch) but now faced with a 4 hour afternoon (normally only 2/3 cos I have a late lunch) and not sure my poor head can cope. :emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're moving area or something that could **** it up, generally personal circumstances affect medical care if you are moving location to a new NHS borough, sometimes just if you're changing GP. Not sure what your personal circumstances are, but anything other than that shouldn't be a problem. If you're moving, if you are severely ill and need rapid treatment your GP can generally write ahead to your new location and get stuff in place for you there, so it's probably worth asking about that (depends on your diagnosis and circumstances, though).

Managed to take an early lunch and get it sorted. So tiiiired. :sad:
Reply 5219
Sorry bit of a moan:

I know facebook friends are not friends. I know I actually have no friends but the last people heard from me I was bound for A&E on friday night and not a single people has checked I'm ok despite not being online etc. I hate that people just don't care. I swing from "whatever, they just don't think cause you're not part of their life" to getting horridly upset cause I just don't understand why noone cares cause I used to be their friend.

I really think I must be set up differently form others. I care that people are ok. I am interested in what others are doing. But noone is ever interested in me. One minute someone is acting like my best friend and then they disappear :/. Its really bad right now cause I was in a relationship with someone who was head over heels in love with me, wanted to marry me and then once I had changed everything in my life for him. He changed his mind. He got over me. I just don't understand how people can change so suddenly.

I just get so confused how people work, it makes me doubt everything :frown:

Latest