The Student Room Group

JP Morgan A-level Insight Day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
It's a travel agency that have been commissioned to support those who live a significant distance away from London/the bank. I don't imagine you'll be reimbursed for travel given that you live in London.

Um why not travel us travel they will reimburse just because you live outside London does not mean you get any more privileges than those who ate Londoners.

Londoners probably have more flexibility as it is JUST travel fair they have to reimburse not accommodation.
Reply 181
Original post by Unsworth
Also at RBS on the 29th/30th, see you both there.

Nice one, see you there! Are you going uni in September?
Original post by JWz
Nice one, see you there! Are you going uni in September?

Nope, I've got a place on Pinsent Masons gap year programme so will be working at their London office for the year. Firmed Kings College London to study law in Sept' 14 though, how about you?
Reply 183
Nope, I've got a place on Pinsent Masons gap year programme so will be working at their London office for the year. Firmed Kings College London to study law in Sept' 14 though, how about you?

Impressive, are you more interested in Law then or keeping your options open in terms of IB? I've firmed LSE for September, just couldn't keep away from London.
Original post by JWz
Impressive, are you more interested in Law then or keeping your options open in terms of IB? I've firmed LSE for September, just couldn't keep away from London.

Not too sure at the moment, interested in both quite a bit so keeping my options open for now. Ah nice, yeah London is the place to be!
Reply 185
Not too sure at the moment, interested in both quite a bit so keeping my options open for now. Ah nice, yeah London is the place to be!

Fair enough, better to have more than one option.
Been lucky to live within travelling distance of London, it's a great place!
Reply 186
Also at RBS on the 29th/30th, see you both there.

Do I need to upload any documents at all?
Original post by JOR2010
Do I need to upload any documents at all?

What for??
Reply 188
What for??

For the RBS insight programme.. I decided to upload my CV haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JOR2010
For the RBS insight programme.. I decided to upload my CV haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

May as well - I uploaded mine when sending my application.
Reply 190
Original post by AJW 12394
I got one this morning too :smile: what dates you for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AJW 12394
Congratulations by the way :smile: I'm 8th and 9th, are you going to claim for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 3DDY
Got a call from RBS this morning for the 12th and 13th of August event :smile:

Original post by navennn
Hi, got a place for RBS on the 8/9th August. Guy on the phone said it's at Bishopsgate and that it is 10am-6pm both days. He was talking about the dates I was attending but I don't see any reason why it should be different from the others. Everything else he mentioned was already on the email.

Question though, I feel as if I'm underprepared, like I don't know much about banking but I'm only 18 so am I expected to? Anyone have any suggestions on what to do before then to prepare?

Original post by printergirl
congrats on getting in, the london one? have you had the follow up email yet about exact time and location? the email says you're supposed to get it in a few days (its been 2 weeks now!) and the rbs site still says my application is under consideration:s-smilie:

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Has anyone else who's been accepted for RBS (Aug 1st-2nd, in particular) heard anything else? We were supposed to get another email within five days, or something

Original post by Part A
I'm Aug 1st-2nd, not heard anything since the initial email. Have booked my train tickets and received an email from RBS saying they will book accommodation shortly..

Original post by yaboy
are they paying for your accommodation aswell?

I got 12/13 after getting rejected by every other insight day, they're not even paying for my travel because I live in london lol

Original post by 3DDY
Ill be up for 5 to make sure I catch my 6am train (3 hour journey), early start isnt an issue tbh, lucky to be picked and it will be worth it. Hopefully will see some of you there on the 12 and 13th session. :smile:

Original post by hannah60000
Um why not travel us travel they will reimburse just because you live outside London does not mean you get any more privileges than those who ate Londoners.

Londoners probably have more flexibility as it is JUST travel fair they have to reimburse not accommodation.

Dear All

I would like to ask a favour from any of you if that's okay. Would anyone who has dates for 1st/2nd August, 8th/9th August, 12th/13th August, be willing to take up a date for September in London? The reason I ask is because I am abroad on 24th August so was only able to take 20th/21st August in Edinburgh, but I've just been told that's very likely going to be cancelled due to lack of interest. I would love to go attend the event and seeing as uni starts in october for most of england would it would be great for me if someone would be willing to call up rbs and mention me and say that you're willing to swap?

If this is possible for anyone and you're willing to go through this hassle then PM or reply to this, I'd be very grateful!
Reply 191
Original post by Part A
Would have done this ordinarily but have already booked my train tickets and made plans for 1st/2nd Aug - hope you get some good luck though!

edit

everything is sorted now, i've been moved so im all good, phew we can all sleep easy tonight i guess...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Part A
Sam, I've just realised our TSR pics are so similar that I'm actually confusing your posts for mine when scrolling through the thread haha

Have you received any news about your accommodation yet? I got an email saying that they'd book it for me, but I expected some sort of clarification
Reply 193
Hey guys,

I'll be going to the insight day on the 8th/9th of august and got the formal letter with the location etc today,

but i'm a bit confused as to where it is, on the letter the address is 135 bishopsgate london but the postcode is EC2M 3UR which according to google maps i don't think is the Bishopsgate address,

when i just search for the bishopsgate address on google it comes up with a different location on google maps with a postcode of
EC2M 3TP so i really don't know which one is right

would appreciate any help:smile:
Original post by jon510
Hey guys,

I'll be going to the insight day on the 8th/9th of august and got the formal letter with the location etc today,

but i'm a bit confused as to where it is, on the letter the address is 135 bishopsgate london but the postcode is EC2M 3UR which according to google maps i don't think is the Bishopsgate address,

when i just search for the bishopsgate address on google it comes up with a different location on google maps with a postcode of
EC2M 3TP so i really don't know which one is right

would appreciate any help:smile:

It's at 135 Bishopsgate, near Liverpool Street underground and opposite Pizza Express, that's the right building :smile:.

It's marked ABN AMRO on Google Maps and not RBS. Awkward, haha. It says RBS is the building next to it but the whole thing is RBS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Part A
Sam, I've just realised our TSR pics are so similar that I'm actually confusing your posts for mine when scrolling through the thread haha

Hahah just realised that, I would change mine but there isn't anyone awesome enough to replace Harvey Specter with...
Has anyone who applied for the 16/17th of September heard back yet?
Reply 197
Heard back from RBS today regarding accommodation. Booked in for the 12 August at a great hotel, really impressed with their commitment to assist us. Cant wait for the event! :smile:
Reply 198
I've still not got the official formal invitation for the 8/9th August? Anyone else got it/not got it?

I've got the accommodation email for the 8th of August and from what I understand, we can leave our luggage at the hotel on the first morning but what do we do on the second morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Original post by navennn
I've still not got the official formal invitation for the 8/9th August? Anyone else got it/not got it?

I've got the accommodation email for the 8th of August and from what I understand, we can leave our luggage at the hotel on the first morning but what do we do on the second morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have a letter through the post for my 12/13 event but am confidant with the emails and correspondence, so don't let that deter you. If you still are, give them a ring. Also with the accommodation, you check in on your first evening and check out on the second morning at the specified times. However as the second day starts at 7.30 am you'd obviously make sure you are out for that time anyway. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending