The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Accommodation - St Mary's College

Hi everyone :smile:

Who has their place at St Mary's College confirmed?

If you've been made an offer, write it here and find your flatmates! - Mine is Flat 28 :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Having just left St Mary's, just popping in to say it's a great place and you should love it there! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by VickyDoodle
Having just left St Mary's, just popping in to say it's a great place and you should love it there! :smile:

Thank you (: I've heard there have been some refurbishments there... How does it look like now?
And, since you've been there, can I just ask you what was your means of transport? Is the bus expensive, or the uni courtesy bus is good enough to get into campus?
Sorry for the questions :x
Reply 3
Original post by CCP1994
Hi everyone :smile:

Who has their place at St Mary's College confirmed?

If you've been made an offer, write it here and find your flatmates! - Mine is Flat 28 :smile:

Mine is Flat 17!!!
Original post by CCP1994
Thank you (: I've heard there have been some refurbishments there... How does it look like now?
And, since you've been there, can I just ask you what was your means of transport? Is the bus expensive, or the uni courtesy bus is good enough to get into campus?
Sorry for the questions :x

I was in a non-refurbished flat (Flat 5) and it was nice enough regardless :smile: My friends all had refurbished ones and they were looovely, it's pretty much only the kitchens that are different but theirs look much more modern. Every flat is a different size though, so it's luck of the draw on that one!

I walked or got the bus. The free bus goes from 8:15 to 10:00, which is good for a morning lecture. I'd warn you now if you want to get in for a 9am and don't want to be crushed by the stampede/risk missing it,the 8:15's your best bet. :smile: It's a 30-40min walk depending on how quickly you go, so not too bad in nice weather. The 63 and 36 both go into town, and cost £2 for one way - but if you're coming back after uni, walk up past Monument to the bus stop opposite the 'Central Bean' coffee shop - it's only £1.55 from there for about a minute extra walk! :P

The number 15 comes once an hour and goes right up to outside uni but I never took it, so not quite sure on that one. Free bus in the evening only goes at 5:20 and 6:20, 5:20 is normally pretty packed except on Wednesdays but it's usually possible if you don't mind barging through the crowd, haha. It goes from outside the Daysh building - lots of people didn't find it for the first few weeks so it's worth scouting it out! :smile:
Reply 5
I've accepted St Marys! I'm flat 37, room 5 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by VickyDoodle
I was in a non-refurbished flat (Flat 5) and it was nice enough regardless :smile: My friends all had refurbished ones and they were looovely, it's pretty much only the kitchens that are different but theirs look much more modern. Every flat is a different size though, so it's luck of the draw on that one!

I walked or got the bus. The free bus goes from 8:15 to 10:00, which is good for a morning lecture. I'd warn you now if you want to get in for a 9am and don't want to be crushed by the stampede/risk missing it,the 8:15's your best bet. :smile: It's a 30-40min walk depending on how quickly you go, so not too bad in nice weather. The 63 and 36 both go into town, and cost £2 for one way - but if you're coming back after uni, walk up past Monument to the bus stop opposite the 'Central Bean' coffee shop - it's only £1.55 from there for about a minute extra walk! :P

The number 15 comes once an hour and goes right up to outside uni but I never took it, so not quite sure on that one. Free bus in the evening only goes at 5:20 and 6:20, 5:20 is normally pretty packed except on Wednesdays but it's usually possible if you don't mind barging through the crowd, haha. It goes from outside the Daysh building - lots of people didn't find it for the first few weeks so it's worth scouting it out! :smile:

Thank you so much. This was very, very useful :smile:
:colone: im in Flat 38 :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Virginiaberyl
:colone: im in Flat 38 :smile:

im 37, you're next to me :biggrin:
Original post by HannarrBuff
im 37, you're next to me :biggrin:

really excited to uni...looking forward to meet u :biggrin:
really excited to uni...looking forward to meet u :biggrin:

Hehe same! Kind of scared though! And yes I look forward to meeting you too :biggrin: I'm Hannah by the way :tongue:
Reply 11
St Mary's is my second choice, but I won't find out where I end up till the 15! :afraid:
Hehe same! Kind of scared though! And yes I look forward to meeting you too :biggrin: I'm Hannah by the way :tongue:

im Virginia.. im a international student, studied in portsmouth tho. which part of england u from?:colondollar:
im Virginia.. im a international student, studied in portsmouth tho. which part of england u from?:colondollar:

ooo where abouts are you from? :biggrin: and I live in a place called Worcester, its in the West Midlands :h:
Original post by Vian
St Mary's is my second choice, but I won't find out where I end up till the 15! :afraid:

ugh how annoying! I'd hate having to wait I'm glad i took a gap year haha!
Reply 15
I'm in flat 38 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahA
I'm in flat 38 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello neighbour! I'm in 37 :u:
Reply 17
ugh how annoying! I'd hate having to wait I'm glad i took a gap year haha!

The irony is that I'm already on my gap year (volunteering full-time), but did some resits on the side!
My nan has offered to buy me a mini fridge for my room to keep anything that others maybe tempted to eat in my room as a lot of friends already at university recommend this. It's a small table top thing, do you think i will be allowed it? Because Derby uni said this was allowed but I've been reading the terms and conditions for St Marys and can't find any info on it :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Nicole.Y
Mine is Flat 17!!!

I'm in 17 too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending