The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by Oromis263
Nope, not that bad. £16 + 2.25 booking fee. I'm game if you are. King's in da house.

Eesh gna have to get used to southern prices... :tongue: think I'm going to go the volunteering at festivals route, done a bit this year and it's defs more economic x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rain on dry ground
That is indeed St John's! I don't really get the whole "I'd rather go to Oxford" thing, I didn't know about it before and think it's ridiculous. Why does that stereotype not also apply to other big traditional colleges like Trinity?!

Supposedly John's rowing team once killed someone during a boat race, and many of the colleges claim that theirs is the murdered one. Also supposedly, Trinity has no J staircase, just because they hate John's so much :P
Reply 3222
Original post by thinginthewood
Hi :smile:

Bit late to the thread, but I suddenly realised that my gap year is almost over and I should probably start getting engaged in the fact I'm going to Cambridge again!

I'm doing Bio NatSci at King's, looking forward to it but it's all a bit daunting.

Good luck to everyone who hasn't got their results yet!

King's gap year hollaaa. Waiting on the damned fresher pack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oboe1994
Eesh gna have to get used to southern prices... :tongue: think I'm going to go the volunteering at festivals route, done a bit this year and it's defs more economic x)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah tempted to do that next year, although my main aim is to get a tomorrowland ticket...

That's expensive?! Haha, fair enough.

I'm amazed at the number of King's gap year students, makes me feel better about the whole thing knowing there will be at least a few people in the same position.

Freshers is going to be good, me thinks.
Reply 3224
Yeah tempted to do that next year, although my main aim is to get a tomorrowland ticket...

That's expensive?! Haha, fair enough.

I'm amazed at the number of King's gap year students, makes me feel better about the whole thing knowing there will be at least a few people in the same position.

Freshers is going to be good, me thinks.

Aye, hopefully. Isn't tomorrowland like, really soon? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aye, hopefully. Isn't tomorrowland like, really soon? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tomorrowland next year. :tongue: this years event finished yesterday! Incredibly jealous of people who were there.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Yup, 3/7 if you got to the end. That's actually what I got wrong - as well as losing 2 marks on 8b (they were really generous here, if you found the length of two sides you got 3/5). But if past boundaries are anything to go by, 69 should be enough, for a paper like this anyway. I'm guessing you made the same mistake in 7b then?

Yeah I remember it, it showed the marks from each module and then an overall total out of 400 or 300 or whatever it was. So don't worry, that's the only sheet they want :smile:

I know right, lovely place Bristol is.
I declined Durham (they asked for the same grades as Cambridge), LSE and Exeter. What about you? :smile:

I think I got 2/7 on 7b. And I think I lost all five marks on 8b, although I did write that AB = AP given that it is an isosceles triangle, so a mark perhaps? I can't remember what I did after that though...
69 sounds about right for 90 UMS. I wonder what 82 is going to be, but I doubt I got it anyway.

Great - thanks, one less thing to worry about!

I've been focused on Cambridge so much, I realised I know very little about Bristol as regards accommodation and the financial side of things... ought to do some research about my insurance. :rolleyes:
I also declined Durham (they asked for AAA but I would have had to do Russian instead of German), as well as St Andrews and Nottingham. :smile:
Nope, not that bad. £16 + 2.25 booking fee. I'm game if you are. King's in da house.

Where can you buy the tickets? I think they're all sold out on the corn exchange website :frown:
Original post by StaedtlerNoris
Where can you buy the tickets? I think they're all sold out on the corn exchange website :frown:

Ah, then perhaps they are. :/ I only had a quick look on the site to see if they had the prices, but didn't actually check availability. >.<
Reply 3229

I think they're sold out.
Reply 3230
Original post by Emmav123
I think they're sold out.

Bummer :frown:
Reply 3231
Tomorrowland next year. :tongue: this years event finished yesterday! Incredibly jealous of people who were there.

Dates - not my speciality, which is ironic given I'm starting a music history degree...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3232

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye... bit of a shocker when you find out how much stuff costs down here - £7 for the cinema on a student ID? I can see a film for half that t'up north!
Dates - not my speciality, which is ironic given I'm starting a music history degree...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I barely know what I am doing most days, I have such a loose grip on dates and times and things I have organised to do. Makes informing work the shifts I can do a pain.
Original post by wibletg
Aye... bit of a shocker when you find out how much stuff costs down here - £7 for the cinema on a student ID? I can see a film for half that t'up north!

That reminds me, are you aware of whether or not the cinema out near homerton does orange Wednesdays? I am fairly sure they do but not confirmed. But still, that one is expensive.
Original post by wibletg

Cambridge is cheaper than Ipswich… :frown:
Reply 3236
I barely know what I am doing most days, I have such a loose grip on dates and times and things I have organised to do. Makes informing work the shifts I can do a pain.

I have triple-booked myself on multiple occasions. #madskillz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3237
Original post by wibletg

Don't complain, we pay £11 here in Denmark...
Reply 3238
Original post by olliswe
Don't complain, we pay £11 here in Denmark...

That's why it's called God's own country x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That reminds me, are you aware of whether or not the cinema out near homerton does orange Wednesdays? I am fairly sure they do but not confirmed. But still, that one is expensive.

You mean the Hills Road Cineworld? They certainly used to, no idea if that's changed but most major chains do it so I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Latest

Trending

Trending