The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Helenia
You mean the Hills Road Cineworld? They certainly used to, no idea if that's changed but most major chains do it so I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Excellent, cheers! Are there any other cinemas in Cambridge? I used to go to the one in the Grafton centre,.but for years I've.been.going to the one I mentioned, so I don't know if the Grafton one still exists..
Reply 3241
Original post by olliswe
Don't complain, we pay £11 here in Denmark...

You get the living crap taxed out of you too... don't you? :tongue:
Original post by Oboe1994
I have triple-booked myself on multiple occasions. #madskillz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bow down brah. #notworthy
Original post by Oromis263
Excellent, cheers! Are there any other cinemas in Cambridge? I used to go to the one in the Grafton centre,.but for years I've.been.going to the one I mentioned, so I don't know if the Grafton one still exists..

Yep, the Grafton one still exists and it does Orange Wednesday.
Original post by Buongiorno
I think I got 2/7 on 7b. And I think I lost all five marks on 8b, although I did write that AB = AP given that it is an isosceles triangle, so a mark perhaps? I can't remember what I did after that though...
69 sounds about right for 90 UMS. I wonder what 82 is going to be, but I doubt I got it anyway.

Great - thanks, one less thing to worry about!

I've been focused on Cambridge so much, I realised I know very little about Bristol as regards accommodation and the financial side of things... ought to do some research about my insurance. :rolleyes:
I also declined Durham (they asked for AAA but I would have had to do Russian instead of German), as well as St Andrews and Nottingham. :smile:

I'd say 82 would be about 63/75. You must've gotten 98 on C3 then? :O very impressive. If you messed up nowhere else then I'd put money on you getting what you need :smile:

Same - I haven't applied for accomodation or anything, but I've been told we're not supposed to for our insurance choices. Which makes it easier I guess. I've heard different things from different people, though.
Ah, what languages are you going to study then, German and Spanish?
Original post by Bulbasaur
I'd say 82 would be about 63/75. You must've gotten 98 on C3 then? :O very impressive. If you messed up nowhere else then I'd put money on you getting what you need :smile:

Same - I haven't applied for accomodation or anything, but I've been told we're not supposed to for our insurance choices. Which makes it easier I guess. I've heard different things from different people, though.
Ah, what languages are you going to study then, German and Spanish?

Yep, I got 98 in C3 in January. :smile: Oh, I am sure I lost four or five marks in a few other places (binomial expansion and range FML),so although there's still a chance for an A* it seems rather unlikely, I think the grade boundaries will be high.

German and Spanish, indeed. Are you interested more in physical or human Geography? :smile:
The nightmares I've had in the past few months! One of them involved an offer holder starring system where we had to give each other points and I didn't hear about it until the day before. So odd.
Original post by padfoot316
Haha I'm trying to but I keep getting this odd feeling that they've changed their mind or something :P Its silly I know but I just get so paranoid when it comes to cambridge!
Weirdly, that story makes the saying a bit less annoying! After all, if that has actually happened there is at least a proper (well, kind of) reason. And I'd love it if the staircase thing was true! :biggrin:
Original post by Smaug123
Supposedly John's rowing team once killed someone during a boat race, and many of the colleges claim that theirs is the murdered one. Also supposedly, Trinity has no J staircase, just because they hate John's so much :P

The Arts Picturehouse on Regent Street does Orange Wednesday
Why did I get negged for this?!
Original post by rain on dry ground
Weirdly, that story makes the saying a bit less annoying! After all, if that has actually happened there is at least a proper (well, kind of) reason. And I'd love it if the staircase thing was true! :biggrin:
Why did I get negged for this?!

Totally accidental, I apologise and will at some point balance it out when I can. Unless I can undo it? Sorry :colondollar:
Original post by Buongiorno
Yep, I got 98 in C3 in January. :smile: Oh, I am sure I lost four or five marks in a few other places (binomial expansion and range FML),so although there's still a chance for an A* it seems rather unlikely, I think the grade boundaries will be high.

German and Spanish, indeed. Are you interested more in physical or human Geography? :smile:

Wow, I thought C3 in Jan was far harder than our C4 paper, so it's amazing that you got such a high score on it. I got 90 on it haha. Although I did try much harder for C4. I'd put them at something like 61 A, 68 A* given there was quite a lot of unusual questions. But we'll see in two weeks I guess.

Cool :smile: Well, largley human but there's quite a few aspects of physical i'm very interested in too - the geophysical processes relating to climate change, glaciology, weather systems and natural hazards and a few others too I think. There's just so much different stuff :tongue:
Original post by Bulbasaur
Wow, I thought C3 in Jan was far harder than our C4 paper, so it's amazing that you got such a high score on it. I got 90 on it haha. Although I did try much harder for C4. I'd put them at something like 61 A, 68 A* given there was quite a lot of unusual questions. But we'll see in two weeks I guess.

Cool :smile: Well, largley human but there's quite a few aspects of physical i'm very interested in too - the geophysical processes relating to climate change, glaciology, weather systems and natural hazards and a few others too I think. There's just so much different stuff :tongue:

Sorry to butt in but I was just wondering which exam board your maths exams were?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem, I was just confused as to how I was offensive :smile:
Totally accidental, I apologise and will at some point balance it out when I can. Unless I can undo it? Sorry :colondollar:

Also, I just realised I haven't answered this... I'm from Germany, so the travel is not too bad. Stansted/St Pancras HOORAY! Where is this place that is exactly 1.3 hours from Cambridge?! :P
When I visited Cambridge on Saturday (ohmygoditwassosunnyandprettyandisawopenairshakespeareintherainthisistoomuchforme), I could definitely see why people choose King's though. Not to say that St John's isn't the most beautiful college of them all (also, less tourists!) but I can imagine some people actually dismissing St John's because of pointless banter (when does banter ever have a point?) like that. I was just about to ask you whether you've seen the post about a possible origin of the saying but then I remembered the reason of this post :wink:
And YES to Disney and Harry Potter bed covers! Just the other day I was seriously considering buying a Brave themed one but I think the old school washed out ones are better as they can pass as being ironic. There's nothing ironic about my love for all things Pixar, especially Brave
I can't confess to being one, at most I have watched a couple of videos.
, it is just a cool quote. :wink: :tongue:

I am fairly sure they provide duvets, but perhaps not covers? At least, I am hoping to sport my lion king or harry potter ones with the utmost pride. Seven months. Almost eight! How has it been almost eight months since we found out about offers. O.o ah, international student eh, where in the world are you travelling from ? I have a -horrific- 1.3 hour drive from home to Cambridge, the horror. :/

Ah, yeah well I guess it has just been a running joke. Very few, if any, think anything of it seriously. I almost applied to johns in fact! At King's I supposedly have to be a left wing, communist, political frontline campaigner or something to fit the stereotype.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WenlockRhys
Sorry to butt in but I was just wondering which exam board your maths exams were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel :smile:
Reply 3255

Also, I just realised I haven't answered this... I'm from Germany, so the travel is not too bad. Stansted/St Pancras HOORAY! Where is this place that is exactly 1.3 hours from Cambridge?! :P
When I visited Cambridge on Saturday (ohmygoditwassosunnyandprettyandisawopenairshakespeareintherainthisistoomuchforme), I could definitely see why people choose King's though. Not to say that St John's isn't the most beautiful college of them all (also, less tourists!) but I can imagine some people actually dismissing St John's because of pointless banter (when does banter ever have a point?) like that. I was just about to ask you whether you've seen the post about a possible origin of the saying but then I remembered the reason of this post :wink:
And YES to Disney and Harry Potter bed covers! Just the other day I was seriously considering buying a Brave themed one but I think the old school washed out ones are better as they can pass as being ironic. There's nothing ironic about my love for all things Pixar, especially Brave

Hmmm - are you on the freshers 2013 page? :tongue:
There's a freshers 2013 page? :hi:
Original post by wibletg
Hmmm - are you on the freshers 2013 page? :tongue:
Reply 3257
There's a freshers 2013 page? :hi:

Facebook based? :tongue:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cambridgefreshers2013/

Norfolk. A charmingly dull place to live, but it is pretty and quiet so not too bad, although my dad lives 10 minutes from Cambridge, which is sort of useful! :tongue:

Brave is so good... :colondollar: or wall-e... But that was my exact thought. So old now, got the awesome faded look... I even have a pokemon pillowcase but sadly the duvet cover for that was lost long ago. :biggrin:

Oooh, lucky. Cambridge is so lovely in the sun. I'm in two minds about the tourists. I know I will at some point get pissed off with them, but at the same time I kind of look forward to the 'get out of my way, coming through' or telling them to leave the private areas.. probably wont last long. >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile