The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tibbz2
We must be quite lucky starting on the 4th then! Anyone go back even later than that?

Interview on 4th, assembly on 5th and school begins on the 9th. But we had no study leave at all.
You all just need to relax :smile: it'll be fine on results day!
Last year, I was as nervous as you all seem. I was worried i wouldn't get my grades and i shouldn't have because i did fine. The only subject i bodged was Spanish with a B when i should have got A* but in the long run it doesn't matter much.
JUST RELAX!
I'm so scared :frown: this is my first ever results day and the pressure is on me from my family to do the best! I've only done two GCSEs and I'm quite pessimistic so I think I've done really badly :frown:
Original post by PhilJackson
You all just need to relax :smile: it'll be fine on results day!
Last year, I was as nervous as you all seem. I was worried i wouldn't get my grades and i shouldn't have because i did fine. The only subject i bodged was Spanish with a B when i should have got A* but in the long run it doesn't matter much.
JUST RELAX!

This might seem like a stupid question but did you do better than you expected? Also when did you really start to get nervous about the results? I'm not too bad now, but I expect the week before I will be pretty worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kill3er
Interview on 4th, assembly on 5th and school begins on the 9th. But we had no study leave at all.

Whaaaaaaaa .. I go back on the 3rd :frown:
Original post by techno836

None of us even know if we've got accepted in the sixth form, we're finding out in the interview :L
Original post by Kill3er
None of us even know if we've got accepted in the sixth form, we're finding out in the interview :L

oh my chosen 6th form basically said to me in February we can't OFFICIALLY welcome you to 6th form until results day, but welcome to 6th form :biggrin:
Reply 1187
Last year I went on holiday during results day. So I checked my Geography Edexcel result online at 6AM (America time) and read a big "F" - freaked out then went back to sleep. Didn't even tell my parents what it was. Came back to England, realised the "F" stood for "Female" and I actually got an A*

how did you check your grades online? I'm on holiday on results day and have to wait till I'm home 4 days later to see my results, which the school are posting to me.
I really want to get A's in the sciences as my idiotic teachers predicted that I will get B's although I got A's/A*'s in my first modules. I want to go up to them and results day and be like 'huh? proved you wrong BITCHES'
Original post by medskarim
I really want to get A's in the sciences as my idiotic teachers predicted that I will get B's although I got A's/A*'s in my first modules. I want to go up to them and results day and be like 'huh? proved you wrong BITCHES'

You go girl :wink: I so want to do that to my English teacher...not feeling so confident about it though.
oh my chosen 6th form basically said to me in February we can't OFFICIALLY welcome you to 6th form until results day, but welcome to 6th form :biggrin:

Lol similar situation here :biggrin:
Reply 1191

I go back on the 4th :frown:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Lol similar situation here :biggrin:

:five: guess we're really good.
although I did apply to my own school, and i'm easily the smartest y11 :L (not being arrogant there :wink: )

Original post by Mr.Nor

guess we're unlucky in that way :frown:

although i'd be bored by then and excited to get back so I guess we're also lucky ;D :biggrin:
Reply 1193
although I did apply to my own school, and i'm easily the smartest y11 :L (not being arrogant there :wink: )

although i'd be bored by then and excited to get back so I guess we're also lucky ;D :biggrin:

I'm already bored honestly, I kinda want to get back to routine lol
Original post by Mr.Nor

SOOOO DO IIIIIIIIII! :biggrin:

No worries haha I applied to a sixth form where literally 8/10 people of that Year 11 decided to stay, so that explained the jolly talking and chattering on Induction day, and why me and my friends and the small amount of Year 11s from other schools got blanked basically. They are smart though...we asked one if anyone got Bs in their triple science, they laughed and said they got all A*s bar a couple with As. Yep I'm freaked out.
Oh my god, i am absolutely terrified for results day...especially as the subjects i'm least confident in, grade wise, are the subjects i'm meant to take next year.

Well done, brain. xD
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'm already bored honestly, I kinda want to get back to routine lol

SOOOO DO IIIIIIIIII! :biggrin:

No worries haha I applied to a sixth form where literally 8/10 people of that Year 11 decided to stay, so that explained the jolly talking and chattering on Induction day, and why me and my friends and the small amount of Year 11s from other schools got blanked basically. They are smart though...we asked one if anyone got Bs in their triple science, they laughed and said they got all A*s bar a couple with As. Yep I'm freaked out.

well in my 6th form as far as i'm aware we are all from the same school bar 1 girl who knows most of the others anyway ? ...well I'm gonna be the only person in mine with A*'s :L ..... think we should swap ;D
Original post by MusicNerd
Oh my god, i am absolutely terrified for results day...especially as the subjects i'm least confident in, grade wise, are the subjects i'm meant to take next year.

Well done, brain. xD

Aw I feel that way for English Lit, as I had such a bad teacher. Good luck anyway! :smile:
well in my 6th form as far as i'm aware we are all from the same school bar 1 girl who knows most of the others anyway ? ...well I'm gonna be the only person in mine with A*'s :L ..... think we should swap ;D

This is the most ironic thing I've seen in along time. You're so lucky! Lol yeah we should :tongue:
Aw I feel that way for English Lit, as I had such a bad teacher. Good luck anyway! :smile:

This is the most ironic thing I've seen in along time. You're so lucky! Lol yeah we should :tongue:

what A levels you taking ?
what A levels you taking ?

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit :smile: What about yourself?

Latest