The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza1394
Talking about a politician from Karachi (he's a mobster more than a politician) called Altaf Hussain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Altar hussain give me the creeps!:banghead:
Ill have to look it up. Have you read any classic novels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pride and Prejudice (my favourite classic)
Othello
Julius Caesar
Jane Eyre
Tom Sawyer
The Merchant of Venice

and a few others I can't remember right now. Wbu?
Original post by Emerald123
Altar hussain give me the creeps!:banghead:

Tell me about it... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me about it... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way he puts on the 'acting mask' in front of his supporters.The way he talks is just ......................horrifying!
Original post by Traci Wyne
Pride and Prejudice (my favourite classic)
Othello
Julius Caesar
Jane Eyre
Tom Sawyer
The Merchant of Venice

and a few others I can't remember right now. Wbu?

Very nice....impressed
Othello
Jane Eyre (Im a guy; so weird)
Mayor of Casterbridge
Grapes of Wrath
Count of Monte Cristo
Romeo+Juliet
Macbeth
Wuthering Heights (brilliant book)
Mhmmm...cant think now

Posted from TSR Mobile
The way he puts on the 'acting mask' in front of his supporters.The way he talks is just ......................horrifying!

He makes for a great metal rock vocalist though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very nice....impressed
Othello
Mayor of Casterbridge
Grapes of Wrath
Count of Monte Cristo
Romeo+Juliet
Macbeth
Mhmmm...cant think now

Posted from TSR Mobile

In these holidays I need to read the whole of pride and prejudice !Is pride and prejudice good?
He makes for a great metal rock vocalist though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very funny indeed....well not that funny........:aetsch:
Havent read it myself but heard its good and more so for girls such as yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very nice....impressed
Othello
Mayor of Casterbridge
Grapes of Wrath
Count of Monte Cristo
Romeo+Juliet
Macbeth
Mhmmm...cant think now

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of my friends have also suggested me Wuthering Heights so I may read it this summer. And I believe its okay if a guy likes books like Jane Eyre. In fact everyone should read it regardless of their gender
In these holidays I need to read the whole of pride and prejudice !Is pride and prejudice good?

You'll love it! Trust me :biggrin:
A lot of my friends have also suggested me Wuthering Heights so I may read it this summer. And I believe its okay if a guy likes books like Jane Eyre. In fact everyone should read it regardless of their gender

I have seen the play of withering heights-mystical........It was better than Romeo and Juliet play!!!!!!

Yeah totally agree. People get too stuck up over the gender roles and their presence in some books.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have seen the play of withering heights-mystical........It was better than Romeo and Juliet play!!!!!!

I think its better because it highlights how complex our society is or used to be in the matter of love and marriage. I think its a great book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah totally agree. People get too stuck up over the gender roles and their presence in some books. Posted from TSR Mobile
totally agree- no stereotyping in books alright!
totally agree- no stereotyping in books alright!

:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think its better because it highlights how complex our society is or used to be in the matter of love and marriage. I think its a great book

Posted from TSR Mobile

Romeo and Juliet is a good book but the play of it was kind of gruesome:Romeo and Juliet kissed!it was so weird to look at and I was only 11 years old when our school took us to the theatre!Nearly everyone had ducked their head but the teachers were staring at the couple in eternity!!!!!!
Well yeah because I thought TSR wasn't internationall!

Well it is on the interwebs :biggrin: It's *mainly* a UK site I guess
Romeo and Juliet is a good book but the play of it was kind of gruesome:Romeo and Juliet kissed!it was so weird to look at and I was only 11 years old when our school took us to the theatre!Nearly everyone had ducked their head but the teachers were staring at the couple in eternity!!!!!!

never been to a play myself so can't comment on that but gotta say you were only 11 so it must have been weird!

Lol at the thought of it. Would have been funny to me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest