The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Inverness/Highland Campus

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Newbee!!
Yep your right,the apartments are Very basic! But with a few pics da place will b grand :-)
what date are ye thinking of moving up? Yeah its a pitty re the wifi alrite!

I'm planning on getting mobile broadband, the rent is so cheap I do have money to do that :smile:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 21
Yeah I don't blame you, enjoy the most of your time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Also, my first installment on bursary is when the course starts, so I can get my savings to cover deposit and 1st months rent but I would prefer to not spend much more out of my savings
Reply 23
Fair enough. I got a big move so just wanna get settled :smile: hopefully see you in sept

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi i was wondering has anybody got the date for their occupational health check date yet?
Reply 25
You get a letter and have to call them within 2 weeks to make an appointment

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've made my appointment and its for the 21st of august and i was just wondering do you book accommodation after this because its not until i pass that are my sure im in
Reply 27
I live in Cambridge so I've had problems with all this but I called them earlier and they said its until you OH appointment is passed that you can book accommodation which is a pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anybody else moving from the north of ireland
Reply 29
Original post by k8y.123
I'm planning on getting mobile broadband, the rent is so cheap I do have money to do that :smile:

Yeah im going to do the same re the mobile broadband! Ive heard that the 3network has the best coverage in Inverness?
Im thinking about moving up around the 30th Aug, wonder is that a bit late?
Reply 30
Original post by Newbee!!
Yeah im going to do the same re the mobile broadband! Ive heard that the 3network has the best coverage in Inverness?
Im thinking about moving up around the 30th Aug, wonder is that a bit late?

I was planning on going up then as well, there is no freshers so I dont think we would miss anything
Original post by Agoodwin23
I live in Cambridge so I've had problems with all this but I called them earlier and they said its until you OH appointment is passed that you can book accommodation which is a pain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know what you mean i live in the north of ireland and the occupational health is a bit of a pain, when is yours?
Reply 32
I haven't had any word back over occupational health :s-smilie: I think I might call up and check, I know they got the form but maybe a letter out to me might have got lost? I'm worried now!
Reply 33
Original post by k8y.123
I was planning on going up then as well, there is no freshers so I dont think we would miss anything

Oh yeah thats very true! would just like to get settled before we start! Have abit of a treck to move aswel,am coming over from ireland! did u get chating to anyone in accomodation?
Reply 34
Why isn't there any sort of freshers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
I dont think there is a student union there,so they wouldnt have any one to organise freshers week.
Reply 36
Ooh I'm disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Yeah same as! Ah hopefuly the first week wont be 2 busy!! Did you get ure accomodaion sorted?
Reply 38
I'm gutted no freshers. Not yet, I spoke to someone on phone yesterday, they was so unhelpful and didn't know any answers, she advised me to write an email so did that today. Fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Yeah its a pitty that there isnt any freshers week, but not a whole pile can be done about that! :-(
Oh that doesnt sound to helpful, did she give u an email address? I just emailed them and they emailed me back a booking form which consisted of arrival and departure date, that was really all.

Quick Reply

Latest