The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5540
Original post by DOCTOR_FALCON
Hi everyone

Just thought i'd introduce myself and get to know everyone in this thread :smile:

Welcome :h:
Reply 5541
Original post by Aula
London is one of the suggested possibilities for the next one though...
And I reckon it might well be similar to the Papal visit. Media was incredibly negative in the lead up to it, and then almost overnight the tone changed!

Oh well Krakow it is. Maybe we are young enough to see the pope come back here one day :smile:
Reply 5542
Original post by rac1
Oh well Krakow it is. Maybe we are young enough to see the pope come back here one day :smile:

London 2022?
Reply 5543
Hi everyone

Just thought i'd introduce myself and get to know everyone in this thread :smile:

Hiiiii! Always nice to see new people:smile:
Original post by Aula
London 2022?

Is that when the next one's meant to be?
Hi everyone

:hi: :wavey: :yay:

Nice to meet you! I'm TLG, resident yodeller :yep:

:ninja:

I'M IN THE NORTH. IT'S A REAL PLACE!!!!!! :eek3: :confused: :dontknow:
Reply 5545
Original post by rac1
Is that when the next one's meant to be?

No, next one after Kraków will probably be 2019, and somewhere outside Europe.

My prediction right now is that it could be somewhere like Seoul. Either that or potentially South Africa.

So if it sticks to 3 years, alternating between Europe and ROW, the next Europe one will be 2022.
10 year anniversary of the Olympics? :awesome:

Also, it slightly concerns me how many people think that Pope Francis saying Who am I to judge Gay people? thing is a change in the teachings of the Church :erm:
Reply 5546
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hi: :wavey: :yay:

Nice to meet you! I'm TLG, resident yodeller :yep:

I'M IN THE NORTH. IT'S A REAL PLACE!!!!!! :eek3: :confused: :dontknow:

Told you it'd be fine :awesome:
Original post by Aula

Also, it slightly concerns me how many people think that Pope Francis saying Who am I to judge Gay people? thing is a change in the teachings of the Church :erm:

:hugs: I kinda see it from both sides. I linked it to my Facebook coz I thought him actually coming out and saying that explicitly was a potential turning point. Either in how the Catholic Church talks about LGBT people, or in how people perceive how the Church talks about LGBT people. Coz the Catholic forums I'm part of are vehemently, outrageously homophobic, which can easily make it look like that is what the Church is about :s-smilie:

Then again, there is so much misinformation about our denomination in general :sadnod:

Original post by Aula
Told you it'd be fine :awesome:

:h:
Reply 5548
:hugs: I kinda see it from both sides. I linked it to my Facebook coz I thought him actually coming out and saying that explicitly was a potential turning point. Either in how the Catholic Church talks about LGBT people, or in how people perceive how the Church talks about LGBT people. Coz the Catholic forums I'm part of are vehemently, outrageously homophobic, which can easily make it look like that is what the Church is about :s-smilie:

Then again, there is so much misinformation about our denomination in general :sadnod:

:h:

TBH this is kindof what I mean. The fact that it's such big news and makes people think that it's a change in teaching :sad:

:awesome:
Original post by Aula
TBH this is kindof what I mean. The fact that it's such big news and makes people think that it's a change in teaching :sad:

:awesome:

:hugs: Yeah people really need to learn what Catholicism is actually about before they start getting all high and mighty about it :sadnod:

I might be going to Liverpool tomorrow. To the Beatles museum. Which is actually affordable, unlike London attractions :gah:
Reply 5550
:hugs: Yeah people really need to learn what Catholicism is actually about before they start getting all high and mighty about it :sadnod:

Exactly :yep:

But most don't want to. They'd rather stick with their 'knowledge' that the Catholic church is full of homophobic paedophiles who hoard money and wealth and want people with aids to die. :sigh:

I might be going to Liverpool tomorrow. To the Beatles museum. Which is actually affordable, unlike London attractions :gah:

Affordable? Wow :gah:
Original post by Aula
Exactly :yep:

But most don't want to. They'd rather stick with their 'knowledge' that the Catholic church is full of homophobic paedophiles who hoard money and wealth and want people with aids to die. :sigh:

Oh I know. Tiz VERY frustrating :facepalm:

:hugs:

That's why we must fight the good fight :yep:

Affordable? Wow :gah:

I know! Just less than £16 to see all the Beatles stuff in the museum PLUS other random **** PLUS the Elvis and Beatles exhibition, with a bass guitar that they jammed on. I think tomorrow I may actually enter heaven :jebus:
Reply 5552
Oh I know. Tiz VERY frustrating :facepalm:

:hugs:

That's why we must fight the good fight :yep:

Well, as we all know "blessed are the persecuted" :angel:

I know! Just less than £16 to see all the Beatles stuff in the museum PLUS other random **** PLUS the Elvis and Beatles exhibition, with a bass guitar that they jammed on. I think tomorrow I may actually enter heaven :jebus:

Haha, have fun!

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my grandad and step-gran so that my sister can show off her new baby. (and by new I mean just over a year... She's just not managed to take him to see him yet...)

Also, my niece was pleased to see me: "You got winnie pooh top!" :pinch:
Original post by Aula

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my grandad and step-gran so that my sister can show off her new baby. (and by new I mean just over a year... She's just not managed to take him to see him yet...)

Also, my niece was pleased to see me: "You got winnie pooh top!" :pinch:

Awww, that should be nice. Yes? :ninja: My older sister hasn't got married or even got a boyfriend yet, let alone provide me with a niece or nephew :sad: But tiz OK: I have my tutor's baby, Rose, who is the most ginger thing on the planet :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Which reminds me, I need to suggest a playdate. Which of course doesn't involve inviting myself over :ninja:
Reply 5554
Awww, that should be nice. Yes? :ninja: My older sister hasn't got married or even got a boyfriend yet, let alone provide me with a niece or nephew :sad: But tiz OK: I have my tutor's baby, Rose, who is the most ginger thing on the planet :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Which reminds me, I need to suggest a playdate. Which of course doesn't involve inviting myself over :ninja:

Should be very nice. Especially since my niece actually seems to like me at the moment :h:
(She sometimes gets funny and doesn't want to play, or even talk to me :sad:)
My nephew was being lovely today as well though, so I think we must be good friends :awesome:
He likes doing 'round and round the garden', which as a 1 year old, is incredibly cute. And I don't mean he holds his hand out for someone else to do it, I mean he puts his finger onto your palm so he can do it.
This is my younger sister :mmm:

Rose?! My niece is Rosie :awesome:
Original post by Aula
Should be very nice. Especially since my niece actually seems to like me at the moment :h:
(She sometimes gets funny and doesn't want to play, or even talk to me :sad:)
My nephew was being lovely today as well though, so I think we must be good friends :awesome:
He likes doing 'round and round the garden', which as a 1 year old, is incredibly cute. And I don't mean he holds his hand out for someone else to do it, I mean he puts his finger onto your palm so he can do it.

Awwwww, that is SOOOOO cute :gah: I wanna be an aunty :sad: Well, I am an aunty to two kids. They live in Australia though :emo:

This is my younger sister :mmm:

:teehee:

Well my younger sister has been equally useless :sadnod: BTW peeps: could I have prayers for my sister? She moves to Portsmouth tomorrow to begin her F1 year as a junior doctor :eek:

Rose?! My niece is Rosie :awesome:

:five:

I totally haven't decided that Rose is gonna be my flower girl someday. Just saying :ninja:
Reply 5556
Awwwww, that is SOOOOO cute :gah: I wanna be an aunty :sad: Well, I am an aunty to two kids. They live in Australia though :emo:

That's sad that it's so far away. :console:

North Wales is far enough away for me :erm:

Well my younger sister has been equally useless :sadnod: BTW peeps: could I have prayers for my sister? She moves to Portsmouth tomorrow to begin her F1 year as a junior doctor :eek:

Definitely :h:

:five:

I totally haven't decided that Rose is gonna be my flower girl someday. Just saying :ninja:

Of course, you need to find the guy first :ninja:
Original post by Aula

North Wales is far enough away for me :erm:

North Wales! :afraid:

:p:

Definitely :h:

Thanks hun :lovehug:

Of course, you need to find the guy first :ninja:

Or the girl :wink: But yes, that could well be a *slight* flaw in the plan :ninja:

:getmecoat:

Reply 5558
North Wales! :afraid:

I know! It's such a long way away!

Yes, I know that's not what you meant :p:

Or the girl :wink: But yes, that could well be a *slight* flaw in the plan :ninja:

:getmecoat:

Not to get married you can't. I don't care what the law says :hmmm:

I wonder if you can have a flower girl at a final vows celebration thingy for becoming a nun :holmes:
Original post by Aula
I know! It's such a long way away!

Yes, I know that's not what you meant :p:

That was exactly what I meant :yep:

Not to get married you can't. I don't care what the law says :hmmm:

I wonder if you can have a flower girl at a final vows celebration thingy for becoming a nun :holmes:

Oooh that would be majorly cool. Though my spiritual director AND my hospital chaplain told me I'm not being called to be a nun. So I don't get a flower girl either way :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending