The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with owning a Triumph Street Triple? I was looking at getting one, only I'm a bit concerned about the servicing and getting parts?
Reply 61
Boris wants one, so negative stories only please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WalkerPassingby
I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with owning a Triumph Street Triple? I was looking at getting one, only I'm a bit concerned about the servicing and getting parts?

They're a tad on the expensive side for most of us, if I recall correctly most of us drool over them and one of us has crashed one.. That he loved.

They're a tad on the expensive side for most of us, if I recall correctly most of us drool over them and Landyjon had one that had a fight with a stupid dickhead blind idiot lorry driver and didn't come off well. So Landy will be your guy to ask!
anyone bored today?
fancy a ride?
Original post by ScottScott
I've got the E-system Scotoiler and I can recommend that, its pretty useful with the electronic display.
I had the V-system before, which is the plain old vacuum system and that worked well too.

Depends how much cash you have!

Cheers, not a whole lot of cash though, what does the electronic display actually tell you?
Original post by Boristhethird
anyone bored today?
fancy a ride?

You still in London?
Reply 67
After 'careful consideration' the traffic police have decided not to prosecute me :rolleyes:
Original post by Chilledice
You still in London?

yup.

you still up north?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69

anyone bored today?
fancy a ride?

You should have rung gaz. I had 3 bikes in my garage but yu'd have had to collect him from noho
Original post by Bathwiggle
You should have rung gaz. I had 3 bikes in my garage but yu'd have had to collect him from noho

Bah, took me long enough to actually get out the house anyway (though my bike no longer has a top box...)

just went out, saw a bike stopped so i though i would check if he was ok (he was, just fag break) but were talking far a bit then heard thunder and saw a large gray cloud and decided it was time to go home :emo:
yup.

you still up north?

Yup.

Landy had one, but unfortunately had a run in with a lorry :/

On a side note, someone I know is currently in hospital after a high side-I think I might buy a back protector and knee pads when I get back to uni.
Reply 73
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
On a side note, someone I know is currently in hospital after a high side-I think I might buy a back protector and knee pads when I get back to uni.

You could buy me a back protector instead, and I can give you my current one :flutter:
Original post by Juno
You could buy me a back protector instead, and I can give you my current one :flutter:

Reply 75
Original post by Imperial_Maniac

Fine :hand: the internet will buy me one for free anyway
Reply 76
if its still handleing as bad as wiggles said, i could stretch to a snack size mars bar

There's nothing wrong with the handling !
Original post by F4LL3N
There's nothing wrong with the handling !

i though she said it was refusing to go round corners.

if what you say is true, ill raise my offer to a standard mars bar, or a multi-pack if it comes with the extras (like raised handlebars)
Reply 78
i though she said it was refusing to go round corners.

if what you say is true, ill raise my offer to a standard mars bar, or a multi-pack if it comes with the extras (like raised handlebars)

Its just me that struggles with it a bit being an upright v-twin that I am not really used to. It will have the heli-bars, braided hoses, gel seats, 12v socket, heated grips etc, but the sat nav, keis controller and what not will come off. Of course, this is only valid if you are serious about maybe wanting it. But it won't go lightly :tongue:
Reply 79
I'm gonna get a bike instead of a car, do you think it'll be possible to complete CBT, theory and practical before uni in October?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending