The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just blitzed through Girls und Panzer in a couple of days after getting into the military meets highschool genre. Was shocked to say I enjoyed it greatly, the historical references of the series really got my love of history going again as well :smile:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Just blitzed through Girls und Panzer in a couple of days after getting into the military meets highschool genre. Was shocked to say I enjoyed it greatly, the historical references of the series really got my love of history going again as well :smile:

You know that's a genre that has currently completely passed me by, the closest i've got is Chrno Crusade :rolleyes: but GuP looks rather good, i'll give it a shot :yep:
Just wondering guys but, does anyone have a guilty pleasure anime? =P
Original post by Scienceisgood
Just wondering guys but, does anyone have a guilty pleasure anime? =P

Pretty much every season. :p: This time around it's Senki Zesshou Symphogear G, but previous examples include Phi Brain, Queen's Blade, Upotte!!, Zettai Bouei Leviathan and Shukufuku no Campanella. :redface:

How about you? :smile:
Reply 4944
tu tu ru~!

Anime I'm watching this season (roughly in order of preference):
Uchouten Kazoku, Watamote, Silver Spoon, Kamisama no Inai, Rozen Maiden, Gatchaman Crowds, Genshiken, Love Lab, Titan, Servant x Service, Gen'ei, Illya, Danganronpa
+ Space Bros, AOTY

All-time favourites :3 - Utena, Gurren Lagann, Penguindrum, Baccano, Eva
Favourite characters - tu tu ru~, Nia, Asuka, Kida Masaomi

And that's my introduction :P
Hi everyone~ *waves*
I make graphics over at isml, so there's my plug for it if you watch those kinda moe shows.
Original post by MJasper
tu tu ru~!

All-time favourites :3 - Utena, Gurren Lagann, Penguindrum, Baccano, Eva
Favourite characters - tu tu ru~, Nia, Asuka, Kida Masaomi

:hugs: Welcome to the thread! Any fan of baccano is a friend of mine :colone:

Revolutionary Girl Utena and Penguindrum also deserve all of the love in the world :yep: Although I -still- haven't got around to Gurren Lagann, it's a pain when you're new to anime to get around to everything.

Edit: Is that a Ghost trick avatar I spot? :O
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
You know that's a genre that has currently completely passed me by, the closest i've got is Chrno Crusade :rolleyes: but GuP looks rather good, i'll give it a shot :yep:

I shot it down originally thinking the concept is stupid and illogical (which it is when you think school girls can drive tanks) but I warmed up to it on the basis that I watch what I enjoy rather than logic. Should give it a shot without a doubt as long as you don't try to think too much :tongue:
Reply 4947
I've recently finished Toradora!. Sooo sweet! :')

I'm currently watching WataMote and Yuyushiki. Can anyone watching them give some views on these series?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by leeks
I've recently finished Toradora!. Sooo sweet! :')

I'm currently watching WataMote and Yuyushiki. Can anyone watching them give some views on these series?

You lovely chap, that's what I was just about to watch (Toradora!). Its been getting put back week after week and doesn't help I've just started K-On! Must watch soon...

As for the other two- Watamote: I dropped before the season began; Yuyushiki: On plan to watch list :frown:
Reply 4949
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
You lovely chap, that's what I was just about to watch (Toradora!). Its been getting put back week after week and doesn't help I've just started K-On! Must watch soon...

As for the other two- Watamote: I dropped before the season began; Yuyushiki: On plan to watch list :frown:

K-On! is a great anime, especially, if you like the more cute (or 'moe') types! Also, the music is superb!

Also, why did you drop WataMote? It's pretty cool in my opinion.

BTW, don't call me a chap. I'm a girl. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4950
:hugs: Welcome to the thread! Any fan of baccano is a friend of mine :colone:

Revolutionary Girl Utena and Penguindrum also deserve all of the love in the world :yep: Although I -still- haven't got around to Gurren Lagann, it's a pain when you're new to anime to get around to everything.

Edit: Is that a Ghost trick avatar I spot? :O

Yup, here's the original image: http://jotamora.deviantart.com/art/Sissel-and-Missile-Ghost-Trick-265422748
Spoilers :P

I have a short-haired black kitty myself who I named Sissel. She's a girl though :P

I love Gurren Lagann with all my heart and soul. Make sure you get the blurays! They came out very recently.

I really enjoy watching Watamote. It's 'cringe comedy' to the max, with Tomoko being pretty cute as well if that attracts you. I find it's really well executed.

Uchouten Kazoku is my recommendation for this season. The first episode is quite confusing but really it's a fun, charming family-oriented show about cute tanuki. Plus Mama Tanuki is a wonderful character.
Just got Sherlock Hound for £10. I art a happeh bunneh :ahee:

Original post by MJasper
Yup, here's the original image: http://jotamora.deviantart.com/art/Sissel-and-Missile-Ghost-Trick-265422748
Spoilers :P

I have a short-haired black kitty myself who I named Sissel. She's a girl though :P

I love Gurren Lagann with all my heart and soul. Make sure you get the blurays! They came out very recently.

I really enjoy watching Watamote. It's 'cringe comedy' to the max, with Tomoko being pretty cute as well if that attracts you. I find it's really well executed.

Uchouten Kazoku is my recommendation for this season. The first episode is quite confusing but really it's a fun, charming family-oriented show about cute tanuki. Plus Mama Tanuki is a wonderful character.

I wubed Ghost Trick, 'The Black Hello' is probably the only time i've audibly 'awww'ed at a video game.

Alas I have a crummy SD TV so blu-rays don't make a difference on my screen, will certainly get around to it though! Maybe i'll do a mecha double bill every week :yep: Thanks for the recs as well, i'll certainly be giving them ago even if my current 'to watch' list is at over 160 animes...
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Spoiler

Spoiler

:awesome: Thank you kindly for the copious list of recommendations! Will be sure to work my way through them, might take some time but I'll get there :biggrin: Seems like I've missed out on loads during my several year exile of not watching any anime.

Original post by Scienceisgood
Tell us, are you sub or dub? *Choose carefully*
Although, if you like action, I would recommend Blue Exorcist/Ao No Exorcist
Or even Sword Art Online =P

I prefer subtitles :yes:
Original post by leeks
K-On! is a great anime, especially, if you like the more cute (or 'moe') types! Also, the music is superb!

Also, why did you drop WataMote? It's pretty cool in my opinion.

BTW, don't call me a chap. I'm a girl. :tongue:

I was losing the will to watch all the ones from this season that I picked :smile: Its only a temp drop- more like i'm stalling it until I have time.

Apologies chapette :wink:
:hi: its been 2/3 weeks since ive seen any anime :eek2: but just watched the latest 2 eps of Naruto, its getting quite epic :teeth: next ep looks :sogood: need to catch up on Space Bros, im like 15 eps behind :woo:
Reply 4955
Original post by fire2burn
:awesome: Thank you kindly for the copious list of recommendations! Will be sure to work my way through them, might take some time but I'll get there Seems like I've missed out on loads during my several year exile of not watching any anime.

Of those I would say personally that Noein, Baccano!, Gurren Lagann, Katanagatari, Monster are the best. Fate/Zero is great but honestly you should play the VN first (not even watch the first anime series + movie since they are pretty terrible adaptations) which is like 30+ hours. Black Lagoon, Madoka, Sengoku Basara and Shinsekai Yori are good too.

Mirai Nikki is completely crazy, senseless violence (and fun). Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is quite good and it's a "mysterious girlfriend" type show - the core is romance, with slight horror and mystery aspects. Robotics;Notes was terrible. I don't really think that much of any of the 2013 shows listed either :P

I would also recommend (sorry!) Dennou Coil and Tetsuwan Birdy Decode.
Original post by MJasper
Of those I would say personally that Noein, Baccano!, Gurren Lagann, Katanagatari, Monster are the best. Fate/Zero is great but honestly you should play the VN first (not even watch the first anime series + movie since they are pretty terrible adaptations) which is like 30+ hours. Black Lagoon, Madoka, Sengoku Basara and Shinsekai Yori are good too.

Mirai Nikki is completely crazy, senseless violence (and fun). Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is quite good and it's a "mysterious girlfriend" type show - the core is romance, with slight horror and mystery aspects. Robotics;Notes was terrible. I don't really think that much of any of the 2013 shows listed either :P

I would also recommend (sorry!) Dennou Coil and Tetsuwan Birdy Decode.

Hey :smile: What's Noein like? It's one of the few series I have on DVD, but I still haven't got around to watching it:/

Your taste in anime is awesome! Of the series you've mentioned I've seen Black Lagoon, Baccano!, Mirai Nikki and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia :biggrin: They're all pretty high up on my "favourites list". Also watching Watamote - just about to watch the newest ep:smile:

Have you been watching Danganropa of this season?
any new english dubbed animes?
Reply 4958
Figure I'll put my 2 cents in regarding this seasons anime offerings.

Dog 'n me Fan service absurdity with many moments of pure QUALITY. Dropped after second episode

C3 Club Cute girls doing cute [airsoft-related] things. Never-the-less is decent enough for me to carry on with it for now. Plus the whole

Spoiler

is interesting.

Danganronpa. Huge chunks of the game have been cut out which is making the whole series feel very rushed. Dropped in favor of playing the original game.

Love Lab Cute. Decent humour. Sticking with this one for now.

Prisma Ilya Only watching it for the fate series references. Not very good but will carry on for now.

Monogatari Needs more ararargi. Good as always.

Blood Lad Guess there has to be one shonen type show that I watch every season. This ones nothing special and I could see myself not even bothering to watch it soon.

Wakamote Easily my anime of the season. Laugh a minute stuff.

World God only knows Goddess arc Enjoyed the manga and for the most part this is a faithful adaption.

Neptunia the animation Console wars the anime? Crazy or ingenius? No clue. I carry on watching for now.

All in all a fairly lacking season although thankfully AoT is still going strong and same with railgun for now.
This thread just makes me feel bad for being so far behind :s-smilie: I think a day of nothing but new anime is in order.

Latest

Trending

Trending