The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

I was one of the lucky ones, got on the course for Worcester, excited and nervous in equal measure! Anyone else going to be starting there in January?
Reply 481
Hi

congratulations for Worcester. The course sounds very well supported, online you can read an assessment of the first two cohorts which are glowing interms of the support that Step up students receive. I am from the London area and we haven't heard one way or other at the moment, so just willing the phone to ring and closing my eyes when first opening my emails as probably will receive rejection email but phone call if my application was successful.
tarra
Reply 482
I've now been told that if someone drops out between now and January I will be contacted. Still not going to get my hopes up though.

Good luck to everyone who got through :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 483
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone who has had a place confirmed - in particular from the Learn Together Partnership heard anything since being offered a place about health checks or the CRB or just any further information.
Worried they've forgot about me haha!
Hi bubbles. I have a place with the LTP. Which LA will u be working in? I have heard nothing since accepting the offer. Was beginning to get a bit worried too :smile:
Reply 485
Hiya!!
Ah so glad you said that - we are not alone.
I'll be working for Wirral council - how about you?!
Original post by Bubbles1
Hiya!!
Ah so glad you said that - we are not alone.
I'll be working for Wirral council - how about you?!

Cheshire West and Chester. I can't wait to get started...January seems such a long time away...I'm excited to meet up with everyone! Which assesment day did u attend?
Reply 487
I know - January seems too long to wait!! I attended the interview Bromborough on a Monday (can't remember the date) how about you?!
Original post by Bubbles1
I know - January seems too long to wait!! I attended the interview Bromborough on a Monday (can't remember the date) how about you?!

I attended one in Widnes so we probably won't have met yet. Hopefully everyone will get to meet up soon so we can all start to get to know each other. I just wish we had some sort of timetable going forward so we could plan for meetings, health checks etc.
Reply 489
I was offered a place with greater Manchester and apart from phone call and letter, I havent heard anything else. I'm so excited and can't wait to hear more! I bought a book yesterday on children and family social work to give me something to think about over next few months! They told me they will set up a facebook page and there will probably be a meeting in September time with everyone! Wish it started sooner though! Have to stay at my job for another 4 months ..... :-S
Original post by MDaisy
I was offered a place with greater Manchester and apart from phone call and letter, I havent heard anything else. I'm so excited and can't wait to hear more! I bought a book yesterday on children and family social work to give me something to think about over next few months! They told me they will set up a facebook page and there will probably be a meeting in September time with everyone! Wish it started sooner though! Have to stay at my job for another 4 months ..... :-S

It seems each LA is running things differently doesn't it...hopefully someone will be in touch with us soon :biggrin:
I have received an email to go to an informal interview. It doesn't say what the interview entails but I'm guessing next steps, more info...? Has anyone been to this yet?
Original post by earlyyears1
I have received an email to go to an informal interview. It doesn't say what the interview entails but I'm guessing next steps, more info...? Has anyone been to this yet?

Another interview!:eek: Oh heck x
Reply 493
Hi

The informal interview is that if you have been offered a provisional place?I applied for the London partnership and I still haven't heard either way.

I phoned Penna and should hear by this Friday. I have been told that if I receive an email it will be a negative response to my application alternatively a phone call from a Local Authority will mean that I have been successful.

still waiting...good luck everyone:redface:
Reply 494
Original post by expectant
Hi

The informal interview is that if you have been offered a provisional place?I applied for the London partnership and I still haven't heard either way.

I phoned Penna and should hear by this Friday. I have been told that if I receive an email it will be a negative response to my application alternatively a phone call from a Local Authority will mean that I have been successful.

still waiting...good luck everyone:redface:

hi, have you applied to south east london partnership? I'm just wondering when we'll find out as its about 3 weeks and am considering phoning penna!
Reply 495
Original post by Vejetable
hi, have you applied to south east london partnership? I'm just wondering when we'll find out as its about 3 weeks and am considering phoning penna!

Yeah, three weeks this week, and they said 2-3. Although the day seemed well run, they have consistently been late with application outcomes, which is annoying for those waiting for a result. I just want to know either way now.
Reply 496
Original post by Bombidia
Yeah, three weeks this week, and they said 2-3. Although the day seemed well run, they have consistently been late with application outcomes, which is annoying for those waiting for a result. I just want to know either way now.

I just phoned penna and they said we will definitely know either way by the end of the week so not much longer to wait! X
Reply 497
Original post by earlyyears1

I have also received an email to go to an informal interview but no info on what it entails. :s-smilie:
Reply 498
What borough is that with? I hope I don't get one cz I stupidly gave my work email to penna and I cnt get full access over the summer holidays!
Informal interview after the assessment centre? Im greater Manchester and I haven't heard anything about an informal interview mdaisy. I will post if I hear anything x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending