The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by Insomniac_1901
I lived in Karachi for 3 years and didn't appreciate it one bit 'cos I missed Lahore too much lol. They'll always have that part of the argument - there's no beach in Lahore :P I miss my early morning before school walks there. It was THE only time that place was empty.

I never went beyond Karachi though, so can't comment on the rest of Sindh :confused:

Karachi Karachi ay tey!
Lahore Lahore ay! Jinnay Lahore nai Takya o Jamya nai!

Well there is one thing I must say that there is peace in Lahore and Thank God you don't really have the presence of Quaid-e-Tehreek and Lyaari :P
That is the reason I really like that place otherwise I am happy with Karachi :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I've been to Thatta once for my birthday..
[QUOTE="concave;43725364"]
Original post by hamza1394

well murree used to be a very popular tourist destination but now it is too overcrowded and deforestation around the region is ruining that 'untouched beauty'!

Places beyond Murree or extreme north are worth visiting :biggrin:

Precisely. Some of the best scenery I have ever seen was in Naraan and Kaghaan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by concave
Karachi Karachi ay tey!

Well there is one thing I must say that there is peace in Lahore and Thank God you don't really have the presence of Quaid-e-Tehreek and Lyaari :P
That is the reason I really like that place otherwise I am happy with Karachi :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol tell me about...One psycho killer of Karachi who doesn't even live in Karachi but terrorises us from his phone sitting in a chair in London :tongue: ....thank God my parents are normal and never supported them. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol tell me about...One psycho killer of Karachi who doesn't even live in Karachi but terrorises us from his phone sitting in a chair in London :tongue: ....thank God my parents are normal and never supported them. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you guys report him to the authorities there?
Original post by Traci Wyne
Why don't you guys report him to the authorities there?

We did and some awesome Karachites/ Pakistanis did too by calling the Police here and things have progressed. The fact is that its the UK and here a criminal case takes a long time to be solved as there aren't any loose ends left for a jury to not convict the guilty because you want to ensure that once you have the culprit he/she should not be able to get away by jurys verdict based on evidence presented.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We did and some awesome Karachites/ Pakistanis did too by calling the Police here and things have progressed. The fact is that its the UK and here a criminal case takes a long time to be solved as there aren't any loose ends left for a jury to not convict the guilty because you want to ensure that once you have the culprit he/she should not be able to get away by jurys verdict based on evidence presented.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanna see him behind the bars so bad :biggrin:
I wanna see him behind the bars so bad :biggrin:

You think!!! God if he is behind bars Karachi has a chance to be something Good and maybe again Jamaat e Islam and now PTI could form a strong system for Karachi. Only If...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You think!!! God if he is behind bars Karachi has a chance to be something Good and maybe again Jamaat e Islam and now PTI could form a strong system for Karachi. Only If...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not into politics and stuff and my parents don't even cast their votes cause they know its useless cause of the rigging and all and besides what difference can a single vote make?
I am not into politics and stuff and my parents don't even cast their votes cause they know its useless cause of the rigging and all and besides what difference can a single vote make?

Well i know exactly what you mean but to me the casting or the jihad to vote is important because only hope keeps people alive in pakistan. I mean when you have no electricity in sweltering heat, no food, nor money to afford food or clothes etc than you just keep hoping via the vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i know exactly what you mean but to me the casting or the jihad to vote is important because only hope keeps people alive in pakistan. I mean when you have no electricity in sweltering heat, no food, nor money to afford food or clothes etc than you just keep hoping via the vote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you can't cast a vote in Pakistan :P
But you can't cast a vote in Pakistan :P

In Karachi especially :wink: ...
But thats why you tell everyone youre voting for the Patang and then make up your mind later inside the voting booth. My Dad used to do that in Karachi :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In Karachi especially :wink: ...
But thats why you tell everyone youre voting for the Patang and then make up your mind later inside the voting booth. My Dad used to do that in Karachi :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL :biggrin: Thats very clever indeed :biggrin:
LOL :biggrin: Thats very clever indeed :biggrin:

Weirdly they dont bother checking who you vote for. But in some cases your thappa has already been made and your vote is screwed :frown:

Jeeyay Mutahida :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
True!
Hey has anybody heard of this animated programme called the Burka Avenger?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilmissshady
Theres a river :eek:!! How come I didn't see it :frown:

River Jhelum yeah, you drive across it on the way there from Islamabad?
Original post by concave
Karachi Karachi ay tey!

True true... I lived there in happier times though (back when we had electricity 24/7 :redface:) and purely on culture I like Karachi better. People mind their own business more (I think) than in Lahore where it's all about showing off sadly.
Original post by lilmissshady
my village...it's in Kashmir (near mirpur), once you get past the awesome smell of you know what, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking!

We live in Mirpur!!!:biggrin:
Hey has anybody heard of this animated programme called the Burka Avenger?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep and it seems out of the ordinary!!:bhangra:

Latest