The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4940
Original post by HalGuru
Pointless.

Kinda like you. Remind me why you're posting in the Foreign Languages forum when you hate them so much.
Aquismo!!! :d :d
Original post by Ronove
Yeah exactly!
Of course, on the flip-side of that, I remember a friend of mine who went off to university to do a degree with Japanese. (I'm not entirely clear what percentage of the degree Japanese was worth, for reasons that will become clear.)

After a few months, I asked how the Japanese was going and was promptly informed he'd dropped it, and switched to single honours in his other subject. He told me, as if it was information only known to a select few, about the existence of kanji, and the difficulty of learning a couple of thousand of them, and of learning "more than one alphabet", etc.

I distinctly recall sitting there in shock for a few minutes before tactlessly asking how the hell he had failed to find that out before applying!

Original post by Ronove
It's always like that, stop beating yourself up. At least you're actually getting to grips with it now, rather than never!
You're right. I should construct a robot to hit me instead!

If only it was possible to absorb knowledge through osmosis.:frown: Learning would be so easy, then.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jeje198
Ah, grazie! :smile:
Sono italiana anch'io, ma alcune volte mi confondo tra l'inglese e l'italiano perche' ora sono abituata a scrivere in inglese.
E sto facendo il GCSE in francese, dunque non lo parlo correntemente pero' il mio obiettivo (puoi anche dire " scopo ") e' di prendere un A* perche' il francese e l'italiano sono un po' similari.

Ecco :smile: in bocca al lupo allora !
Stai attenta però, l'italiano e il francese hanno anche tante differenze .. fammi sapere se ti posso aiutare :smile:
Sigue has arrived :colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

O.o those CDs are nastily quick sometimes... :tongue: But I think it helped throwing me in at the deep end tbh, it helped with the rest of the listening material and eventually the listening exam in the real thing was much easier. :smile:

Awesome! :woo:
My Russian Grammar book came today, so excited! (even though I should probably be focusing on my French/Italian atm :colondollar: )
Original post by constantmeowage
O.o those CDs are nastily quick sometimes... :tongue: But I think it helped throwing me in at the deep end tbh, it helped with the rest of the listening material and eventually the listening exam in the real thing was much easier. :smile:

Hmmm... What UMS did you get in exams?:redface:
Original post by BaconEmperor
Awesome! :woo:
My Russian Grammar book came today, so excited! (even though I should probably be focusing on my French/Italian atm :colondollar: )

You bought a Russian book?:naughty:

No I'm a good boy :biggrin:
I'm starting Russian at uni in September. I want to learn the alphabet beforehand so that I'll be able to start learning vocabulary as soon as I get there. And I'm bored so... yeah :tongue:

How's the Sigue?
No I'm a good boy :biggrin:
I'm starting Russian at uni in September. I want to learn the alphabet beforehand so that I'll be able to start learning vocabulary as soon as I get there. And I'm bored so... yeah :tongue:

How's the Sigue?

Aah. I know the Russia alphabet, I bet you'll start speaking it well and everything :unimpressed:

Haven't looked to much into it, it has content in there and grammar in the back? It had 8 units I think :redface:
Aah. I know the Russia alphabet, I bet you'll start speaking it well and everything :unimpressed:

Haven't looked to much into it, it has content in there and grammar in the back? It had 8 units I think :redface:

Lucky! I tried learning it a year ago but I just didn't put in the effort at all :s-smilie:
When I visited the uni in March the head of Russian told me it takes loads of knowledge to say basic things in Russian so anything I do say will porbably sound like nonsense :tongue:

Whenever I get new language books I just immediately flick through all of it, check out what's in each unit and what the grammar it teaches you and when. But I'm nerdy like that :colondollar:
Lucky! I tried learning it a year ago but I just didn't put in the effort at all :s-smilie:
When I visited the uni in March the head of Russian told me it takes loads of knowledge to say basic things in Russian so anything I do say will porbably sound like nonsense :tongue:

Whenever I get new language books I just immediately flick through all of it, check out what's in each unit and what the grammar it teaches you and when. But I'm nerdy like that :colondollar:

Fair enough... I can say I love you :mmm:

I do that too :colone:

<3 I love opening a new grammar book :smile: except when I found out the Italian one I got doesn't teach you the subjunctive -.- which Russian book did you get? :smile:

Hmmm... What UMS did you get in exams?:redface:

I don't know, it's not results day yet for another three weeks :wink:
Reply 4953

Isn't that what people should do? :tongue:
<3 I love opening a new grammar book :smile: except when I found out the Italian one I got doesn't teach you the subjunctive -.- which Russian book did you get? :smile:

Wow really? You can't not teach the subjunctive in Italian, they use it after everything even basic key phrases like penso che :s-smilie:
I got Schaum's outlines: Russian Grammar :smile:
I borrowed the French one from my teacher last year and it's so good because it goes into huge detail on loads of topics like verbs, nouns and prepositions.

Original post by AquisM
Isn't that what people should do? :tongue:

Some probably just focus on one chapter at a time but I can't help myself :colone:
I don't know, it's not results day yet for another three weeks :wink:

Aah, oui oui, :ahee: comment étaient les éxamens?:redface:
Wow really? You can't not teach the subjunctive in Italian, they use it after everything even basic key phrases like penso che :s-smilie:
I got Schaum's outlines: Russian Grammar :smile:
I borrowed the French one from my teacher last year and it's so good because it goes into huge detail on loads of topics like verbs, nouns and prepositions.

Some probably just focus on one chapter at a time but I can't help myself :colone:

I know, and they taught the conditional before the future tense (future tense was right at the end of the book o.o I could see that they wanted to teach 'io vorrei', but still o.o). Ooh I have the German version of that book :tongue: it was highly recommended for me, but then it didn't answer something for me and I got fed up with it XD (and didn't explain very well why you still had to use a preposition in a main clause with 'da' even if the preposition's not even mentioned in English -.-). I don't like the exercises much either, but I don't think they're geared towards me, rather just other people, so I have to live with that :tongue: I prefer just translating sentences, they want me to gap fill (in my mind, when on earth will I actually have to gap fill something if I'm speaking in German to someone in an actual conversation...? -.-).
Aah, oui oui, :ahee: comment étaient les éxamens?:redface:

Je veux pas du tout même savoir les résultats >.< dkvljleslubljezbgljaebefbeqlfelufabfae c'est trop proche maintenant....je n'ai pas besoin du douleur de ne savoir si j'ai fait de bonnes choses ou non... >.<
Original post by Bambirina
Ecco :smile: in bocca al lupo allora !
Stai attenta però, l'italiano e il francese hanno anche tante differenze .. fammi sapere se ti posso aiutare :smile:

Grazie mille :biggrin:
Je veux pas du tout même savoir les résultats >.< dkvljleslubljezbgljaebefbeqlfelufabfae c'est trop proche maintenant....je n'ai pas besoin du douleur de ne savoir si j'ai fait de bonnes choses ou non... >.<

What's douleur?:colondollar:

Je suis sûr que tu as réussi :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending