The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EXAMZ!!!
Is any one doing Geography (AQA) for A-Levels????

Original post by Molly648
Yes I am :smile:

Original post by Dannyboy1236
Me three!

Make that four! What are you guys predicted for GCSE Geography (if you did it)? Have you looked at the spec.? :biggrin:
It's my schools sixth form :h:
Reply 1222
Original post by EXAMZ!!!
Is any one doing Geography (AQA) for A-Levels????

Original post by Molly648
Yes I am :smile:

Original post by Dannyboy1236
Me three!

Original post by paulpscully
Make that four! What are you guys predicted for GCSE Geography (if you did it)? Have you looked at the spec.? :biggrin:

ME 5!

I'm predicted A* but have a gut feeling I'll get an A

We looked at the spec on our induction and it looks so much better than GCSE
Original post by Erin101
I'm kinda scared/excited a mixture of both really about results day. I guess I'm most worried about maths cause I'm doing foundation since I don't work well with numbers. I will be soooo disappointed if I don't get a C cause maths is the one thing I will definitely have to resit.
Anybody here that is on the WJEC exam board?

yes im on wjec
Reply 1224

Awesome :smile: How did you find them??
Reply 1225
Hopefully will get 6a*'s and 5a's for GCSE!
Will be taking Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths to AS level!
Want to study BDS Dentistry at Glasgow Uni!:smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Cool I'm excited for Biology and English :ahee: lol I do appreciate Maths as it is a lot more simpler to do in exams; it's just that I find English more interesting :beard: Everyone loves science though :h:

:rolleyes: I felt the same way for a different reason- I (hopefully) wouldn't have to do an English exam with such a bad teacher again! But lol yeah my friends said that after their exam and I was just standing there...:tongue:

im actually quite confident in English but I wouldn't do it for an A level as I just know i'd get 2 or 3 mardy examiners who can't see my point of view and would give me a terrible mark and ruin my overall grade :lol: I much prefer the sciences and maths where there is a correct answer!
Reply 1227
Original post by gomg
ME 5!

I'm predicted A* but have a gut feeling I'll get an A

We looked at the spec on our induction and it looks so much better than GCSE

Me...6!!! haha looks like a good spec actually looking forward it:smile:
Original post by Taci
Hopefully will get 6a*'s and 5a's for GCSE!
Will be taking Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths to AS level!
Want to study BDS Dentistry at Glasgow Uni!:smile:

we're similar :smile:

I want get 6A*s 3A's and 6B's (can't change those B's now)
I will be taking the same AS's as you, but I want to do medicine :smile:
Reply 1229
Original post by techno836
we're similar :smile:

I want get 6A*s 3A's and 6B's (can't change those B's now)
I will be taking the same AS's as you, but I want to do medicine :smile:

Nice one! Just cringing over results day- but worrying won't change anything ah! Trying to get some work experience over Summer!
What made you decide to do medicine?:smile:
im actually quite confident in English but I wouldn't do it for an A level as I just know i'd get 2 or 3 mardy examiners who can't see my point of view and would give me a terrible mark and ruin my overall grade :lol: I much prefer the sciences and maths where there is a correct answer!

That is my exact view on English and sciences/maths :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1231
Original post by LiquidKarma
yes im on wjec

Whoops I forgot to quote you too! How did you find them??
Original post by Taci
Nice one! Just cringing over results day- but worrying won't change anything ah! Trying to get some work experience over Summer!
What made you decide to do medicine?:smile:

im worrying over English :s-smilie: im always scared i'll get that mardy examiner who will give me a D :lol:

i'm not too sure I did want to be a teacher because I love working with children but then In biology I loved learning about the body and the NHS so I wanted to be doctor... I ended up blending them and I want to be a paediatrician :biggrin:

I'm trying to get work exp too but its really difficult :frown:
Original post by gracey11
That is my exact view on English and sciences/maths :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

High 5 :five: ... haha its been my fear near every results day :L
Reply 1234
im worrying over English :s-smilie: im always scared i'll get that mardy examiner who will give me a D :lol:

i'm not too sure I did want to be a teacher because I love working with children but then In biology I loved learning about the body and the NHS so I wanted to be doctor... I ended up blending them and I want to be a paediatrician :biggrin:

I'm trying to get work exp too but its really difficult :frown:

I know! I'm getting loads of rejections and excuses! :mad:
Got some volunteering sorted those for the next year, every Friday evening at a hospice, you should think about doing that maybe?? :smile:
Original post by Taci
I know! I'm getting loads of rejections and excuses! :mad:
Got some volunteering sorted those for the next year, every Friday evening at a hospice, you should think about doing that maybe?? :smile:

haha i'm already ahead of you :wink: I've been at a nursing home for 6 months now every weekend :smile: and I've also spent a total of 3 months at a primary school over a few yeas too :smile:
Thinking about doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Religious Studies at A-level. Not sure though :L

We only have like 7 proper a-level's to chose from at our school, and the blocks are rubbish.
Reply 1237
haha i'm already ahead of you :wink: I've been at a nursing home for 6 months now every weekend :smile: and I've also spent a total of 3 months at a primary school over a few yeas too :smile:

Got another rejection just now! :frown: Ah!
Original post by Taci
Got another rejection just now! :frown: Ah!

awwww :frown: my friend want's to be an optometrist and she got a weeks w/e with her optometrist, what did your dentist say?
Reply 1239
awwww :frown: my friend want's to be an optometrist and she got a weeks w/e with her optometrist, what did your dentist say?

Too busy, come back in November!

Latest