The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5260
Original post by zonkfrog
Hope youre better today and got some sleep.

I managed to get some sleep and woke up today feeling decent but i had to call off todays plans due to rain :mad:

Thanks for caring. Any plans for today yourself?
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

due to mental health conditions, i did one year of study in 2010/11, left at the end of year one, then took a year off, then started a different course at a different uni last september (i was there 2-4 weeks max), but by then realised i needed to seek help for my mental health conditions (anxiety & depression), and so left again.

just completed student finance and although i'm in wales, it says i will have to pay the £9000 tuition fee for the first year up front. will the fact that i didnt use a years finance when i was at the 2nd uni make a difference? i could get letters from both my psychologist and GP (to show student finance i left uni for mental health reasons) who i have been seeing at great expense to try and get to the bottom of my issues.

thanks

Hi.

Yes, you have used up two years of funding, leaving you short by one year (for a 3 year degree). You you need to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons. If your compelling personal reasons (mental health) are accepted this should give you full student finance for the year.

This is a guide on compelling personal reasons (provided by Northumbria).

http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/static/5007/sspdf/welint/cprfactpdf

Though I don't wish to discourage you from seeking support in this thread, if you want advice about questions or problems like this then you can post in Student Financial Support. Disabled Students can be a good forum, too, for more general queries.

If you're worried about not being anonymous in those forums then you can create a new (dupe) account :hat2:
Reply 5262
Urgh, today is not going well. I feel sick with worry about my upcoming interview, like i almost can't bring myself to prepare for it because i'm that scared of failure.

Ok now i feel like i'm about to have a mental breakdown, i can't deal with the pressure of life anymore, it's affecting my ability to even feed myself.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by james1211
Urgh, today is not going well. I feel sick with worry about my upcoming interview, like i almost can't bring myself to prepare for it because i'm that scared of failure.

Ok now i feel like i'm about to have a mental breakdown, i can't deal with the pressure of life anymore, it's affecting my ability to even feed myself.

You're not alone. I get similar feelings.
Reply 5264
Original post by sunfowers01
You're not alone. I get similar feelings.

Do you ever feel like normal life is a game you don't want to participate in? I wish i had the opportunity to live life in a different way to normal, the stresses of a modern life style just aren't compatible with me and i'm not interested in playing life's silly mind games anymore, i want something else. I want a life where i feel i'm not part of the trickery, of the reliance on chance and luck.
:cry: I was meant to go volunteering today but I can't go in the living room without the walls screaming at me. My head is killing from listening to them yesterday, I can't deal with them today. I feel like a complete failure. They also found something which hurts me more than imagineable and keep putting the image of it in my head. I can see all the gory details and it happens whether my eyes are open or not there's no escape, it's really distressing. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
:cry: I was meant to go volunteering today but I can't go in the living room without the walls screaming at me. My head is killing from listening to them yesterday, I can't deal with them today. I feel like a complete failure. They also found something which hurts me more than imagineable and keep putting the image of it in my head. I can see all the gory details and it happens whether my eyes are open or not there's no escape, it's really distressing. :frown:

:hugs: You said you'd got some diazepam - might be a good idea to take one? Try and stay calm - I know it must be horrible, but I promise they genuinely can't cause any of this stuff to happen. :nah: Walls are neither capable of rational thought nor capable of acting upon said non-existent rational thought.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: You said you'd got some diazepam - might be a good idea to take one? Try and stay calm - I know it must be horrible, but I promise they genuinely can't cause any of this stuff to happen. :nah: Walls are neither capable of rational thought nor capable of acting upon said non-existent rational thought.

I took one an hour ago when I was still trying to force myself to shower and get ready for the volunteering. It did nothing. Think I need to go up a dose again but don't want to become addicted to it.

I know, walls can't talk or shout so something's wrong there I'm not so worried about the walls carrying stuff out, more about the people behind making them talk carrying stuff out.

I wanted to play with fluffy kittens. :frown:
I took one an hour ago when I was still trying to force myself to shower and get ready for the volunteering. It did nothing. Think I need to go up a dose again but don't want to become addicted to it.

I know, walls can't talk or shout so something's wrong there I'm not so worried about the walls carrying stuff out, more about the people behind making them talk carrying stuff out.

I wanted to play with fluffy kittens. :frown:

:frown: That's not good, you're probably right to be cautious about addiction. If you don't take it too often though it'll probably be ok for you still to take at a higher dose - I'd ask your psychiatrist.

There are no people making them talk, it's just your brain being a dickhead. :tongue: I absolutely 100% promise that you're safe from other people, it's only yourself you've got to worry about.

The fluffy kittens are nice and safely locked up in cages waiting for you to come another time. In the meantime, there are lolcats!
Original post by superwolf
:frown: That's not good, you're probably right to be cautious about addiction. If you don't take it too often though it'll probably be ok for you still to take at a higher dose - I'd ask your psychiatrist.

There are no people making them talk, it's just your brain being a dickhead. :tongue: I absolutely 100% promise that you're safe from other people, it's only yourself you've got to worry about.

The fluffy kittens are nice and safely locked up in cages waiting for you to come another time. In the meantime, there are lolcats!

Took another half. So we shall see. :crossedf:

Don't feel safe at all. I keep seeing spies everywhere whenever I go out. Pretty sure they can hurt me if given the order.

Thank for the link, I love cheeseburger pages. Lying in bed looking at people's bad tattoos/dress sense/general idiocy, yes I think I have the next few hours sorted. :h:
Took another half. So we shall see. :crossedf:

Don't feel safe at all. I keep seeing spies everywhere whenever I go out. Pretty sure they can hurt me if given the order.

Thank for the link, I love cheeseburger pages. Lying in bed looking at people's bad tattoos/dress sense/general idiocy, yes I think I have the next few hours sorted. :h:

:yy: Hope it works.

I know you've been seeing them, but they're hallucinations. That's why they never actually do anything, because they don't have the ability to.

:yep: Also remember there's always South Park, infectonator, dino run, more pixeljam games (I currently favour Snowball!), hyperintelligent mice and also a reminder that it's my birthday too next month. :h:
Reply 5271
Can anyone give me advice about something I have to be quite vague about cos rules.

I'm meant to have cbt tomorrow but I'm sort of planning to do something and scared she'll make me talk about it. I dont want to talk about it cos she might make me less likely to do it, but i think doing it would be best for me. My friend said I should talk to her cos if I feel urgent to do it that's a sign I would regret it afterwards. But I don't know what to do. Whether to just not go or whether to go and try not to talk about it.

I'm also meant to go stay with Nut. and I really would prefer to be there way more. But she's doing more ok atm and i'm scared i'll make things worse for her cos I'm really not doing that good. but there is no way at all i can stay here, i just can't. if i don't go then i'm going to end up doing Something Really Bad and that would hurt her too so i don't really know what's for the best.
Original post by asdfgah
Can anyone give me advice about something I have to be quite vague about cos rules.

I'm meant to have cbt tomorrow but I'm sort of planning to do something and scared she'll make me talk about it. I dont want to talk about it cos she might make me less likely to do it, but i think doing it would be best for me. My friend said I should talk to her cos if I feel urgent to do it that's a sign I would regret it afterwards. But I don't know what to do. Whether to just not go or whether to go and try not to talk about it.

I'm also meant to go stay with Nut. and I really would prefer to be there way more. But she's doing more ok atm and i'm scared i'll make things worse for her cos I'm really not doing that good. but there is no way at all i can stay here, i just can't. if i don't go then i'm going to end up doing Something Really Bad and that would hurt her too so i don't really know what's for the best.

I'm on skype just now if you wanna talk more freely (I've got you added, right?). :smile:
Original post by asdfgah

I think you should a) go, and b) talk about it. It's important that she knows, and you refer to Something Really Bad - to me, that suggests you recognise it as a bad thing and not necessarily the right thing to do... Definitely go and stay with Nut. I'm sure she'll want to listen and help, and whilst you might make her worse, she might make you feel better. It's a two-way thing, and not something which I think you should worry about. She's your friend at the end of the day, and I'm sure she'd say if she didn't want to risk it. I'm sure you won't make things worse for her anyhow. :hugs:

I'm on Skype at the moment as well, although internet's playing silly buggers... :rolleyes:
Original post by asdfgah

It may not be easy, but you should tell your therapist. They should know everything you are thinking of doing and actually doing, in regards to your mental health.

It's similar to something physically medical. Lets say you had a number of symptoms but decided not to tell the doctor about 1 or 2 of them. Because of that they might think you have something completely different, and even prescribe you wrong medication, because you didn't tell them everything you needed to. That's only confused your doctor and harmed yourself further. I hope this analogy makes sense :tongue:

My therapist seemed to be more helpful with the more i told her, not to mention i also felt a lot better afterwards, even if it was very hard to tell her initially.
Reply 5275
You know when you are too ill for people to be able to/want to deal with, yet you need people to stay alive; what do you do? I know I'm no fun to be around and it's right that people avoid me but it doesn't leave me in a very good position.
I have pretty much decided to stay alive until I get to do something cos it is very important to me and given how nothing at all is even vaguely important to me other than my need to not be here I think I should go. But I don't know how to stay alive until then. **** this is bad
Reply 5276
Original post by Sultana
You know when you are too ill for people to be able to/want to deal with, yet you need people to stay alive; what do you do? I know I'm no fun to be around and it's right that people avoid me but it doesn't leave me in a very good position.
I have pretty much decided to stay alive until I get to do something cos it is very important to me and given how nothing at all is even vaguely important to me other than my need to not be here I think I should go. But I don't know how to stay alive until then. **** this is bad

I'm in your position. No people. On the very rare occasion I see people I have to try my best to hold it together and pretend i'm all good or else they run away. And then they leave anyway. Neither way works :frown:
Reply 5277
I'm still really struggling with having panic attacks, I haven't suffered with them in a few months and have been having them almost daily. Sometimes twice.
(edited 10 years ago)

Warning, slight danger of molten crazy

Original post by Sultana

It's not right for people to avoid you, and plenty of us still want you around and like having you around. :yep: I know that most of us haven't met in real life, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends and help each other out.

I agree you should go do the very important thing, and I'll help you with that if I can, but I also think you should stay alive after, because you're capable of having an awesome life. Also I would miss you. :redface:

Original post by Sp20
I'm still really struggling with having panic attacks, I haven't suffered with them in a few months and have been having them almost daily. Sometimes twice.

This may be inappropriate, if it is then by all means just tell me.
What can I do if an ex is trying to continue to manipulate me by threatening suicide and blaming me for it, due to me not wanting to be back into a relationship (11 months after he broke up with me). I don't know what to do, he shouted at me endlessly when I briefly hinted that I would contact the crisis team or the police. He threatened that he would do it right there and then if someone intervenes. This is why I'm so confused, I can't get him help but the only way he will calm down is if I help him. However, he is awful to me he is absolutely soul destroying and I can't take anymore of his grief and manipulation. I can't be there for him.

Basically. I just can't cope with this anymore, I can't stop having panic attacks. Stress from this and other things are making me lose control. Apologies if this doesn't make sense.
Hope everyone is well.

Your ex doesn't sound like a healthy person to be around at all. Honestly, I'd go to the police. He's being manipulative and threatening, and in no way deserving of your help, but luckily I think the best way to help him is to get the assistance of the authorities (the crisis team would also be appropriate, but personally I wouldn't trust them over the police :no:). None of this is your fault, and the only reason he's been able to manipulate you so much is precisely because you're trying to do the right thing and help him. There's nothing more you personally can do for him though, except to get outside help.

I really hope he doesn't harm himself in any way, but trust me it's not your fault if he does. :hugs:

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Warning, slight danger of molten crazy

Spoiler

Latest