The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Il y a maintenant été plus de 5000 réponses o.o haha, est-ce que tu as pensé que ce fil serait si populaire quand tu as écrit le premier message, Fish ? :tongue:
Original post by thatitootoo
Would YOU hypothetically be capable of self studying the entire Spanish and Geography A-levels in the space of 9 months? If would be your only acedemic commitment...(Just try to imagine that's the case: I know it's hard for you.)

I've moved on from Statistics and GCSEs now, you see...:wink:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
If it's German for you... And my French/Spanish equivalent.

Then yes, definitely.

Others here may disagree but :tongue: I think I definitely could.

Would you receive any support?
I don't want to pour cold water on the barbecue, but Fish hasn't actually taken AS-levels in any language yet, never mind A2. He's also probably going to be on WJEC, whereas thatitootoo will be on AQA.

At this point, thatitootoo has more experience of mfl A-levels.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5002
Original post by Decerto
I actually really enjoyed the first episode. Like Emily, I am going to have to watch it on demand though.

Is this the second episode or something?? :confused:
If it's German for you... And my French/Spanish equivalent.

Then yes, definitely.

Others here may disagree but :tongue: I think I definitely could.

Would you receive any support?

You figured :tongue: German & Anthropology for me :tongue:
I'll most difinitely receive A2 German support (I might even be enrolled for AS+A2) as I've buddied-up with the head of Languages @ college :wink: Other than that I'm enrolled for Anthropology AS, so I'll at least have access to an Anthro tutor when I need someone to mark those overly extensive A2 essay questions :rolleyes:

Original post by EmilyJayne14
Okay :tongue:

Oh, I'll have to watch that on 4oD, that looked interesting!! Haha, thanks for unintentionally reminding me :wink:

You're welcome :wink: Channel 4 does a lot of these type of docus...did you watch the one about hidden talents? One of the participants on that show successfully mastered Arabic in 8 weeks :zomg:
Is this the second episode or something?? :confused:

Yes. The English people are now visiting the homes of the foreigners who do not speak English. One is from Poland, one is from China, one is from Colombia and the last is from Congo. The first episode, available here, is when the foreign people are matched and living with the English people for a week. The episode tonight is when the English families are staying with the foreigners in their native country.
:teehee: tbf, it's an excuse to get Constantmeowage on kik so I can get his French ness and Spanish ness :mmm:

And I wanted Bambrina for Italian :moon:

I don't know this app but I might give it a try then :smile:

Someone gave me a " Helpful linguist " personal rating .. I didn't even know that existed but thank you to whoever gave it to me ! :redface:
Original post by Decerto
I actually really enjoyed the first episode. Like Emily, I am going to have to watch it on demand though.

Do you like it?

me 2 :grin: I'm rooting for all of them to make progress...with English and with their life situations...as they all desserve it...even that snobish Polish girl who refused to speak English at first, has grown on me this episode :wink:

Original post by Octopus_Garden
I don't want to pour cold water on the barbecue, but Fish hasn't actually taken AS-levels in any language yet, never mind A2. He's also probably going to be on WJEC, whereas thatitootoo will be on AQA.

LOL But Fish does have more A-level experience...:wink:

Are you insinuating that the relevant WJEC and AQA MFL A-levels are not of a similar level of difficulty!? :wink:
Reply 5007
You're welcome :wink: Channel 4 does a lot of these type of docus...did you watch the one about hidden talents? One of the participants on that show successfully mastered Arabic in 8 weeks :zomg:

No, I didn't, but it sounds interesting! And that is amazing :eek:

Original post by Decerto
Yes. The English people are now visiting the homes of the foreigners who do not speak English. One is from Poland, one is from China, one is from Colombia and the last is from Congo. The first episode, available here, is when the foreign people are matched and living with the English people for a week. The episode tonight is when the English families are staying with the foreigners in their native country.

Oh okay, I'll have quite a bit to catch up on then! I've got loads of TV shows recorded at home that I haven't watched! :tongue:

LOL But Fish does have more A-level experience...:wink:

Are you insinuating that the relevant WJEC and AQA MFL A-levels are not of a similar level of difficulty!? :wink:
I'm saying this is a variable. They're different, and the techniques to succeed may be different.

Although some teachers on forums say that WJEC is easier...
me 2 :grin: I'm rooting for all of them to make progress...with English and with their life situations...as they all desserve it...even that snobish Polish girl who refused to speak English at first, has grown on me this episode :wink:

My favourite is the woman from Congo. Her story is so sad and it amazes me how she is still so strong. Also, I like the English people she is paired with.

Oh okay, I'll have quite a bit to catch up on then! I've got loads of TV shows recorded at home that I haven't watched! :tongue:

I have a lot of catching up to do as well. I will need to start making a list of what TV programmes I need to catch up on or I will lose track.
Reply 5010
Original post by Decerto
I have a lot of catching up to do as well. I will need to start making a list of what TV programmes I need to catch up on or I will lose track.

Haha. I don't have too much... the final two episodes of Waterloo Road and the whole series of the White Queen, plus these 'Why Don't You Speak English?' ones.
Haha. I don't have too much... the final two episodes of Waterloo Road and the whole series of the White Queen, plus these 'Why Don't You Speak English?' ones.

I have watched all of them, except White Queen. Not too sure what that is. :tongue:
Reply 5012
Original post by Decerto
I have watched all of them, except White Queen. Not too sure what that is. :tongue:

I have no idea about the storyline, but it's a TV adaptation of one of Philippa Gregory's books. My friend really likes them, so when I saw the TV show I thought I'd give it a try (at some point).
Original post by Decerto
My favourite is the woman from Congo. Her story is so sad and it amazes me how she is still so strong. Also, I like the English people she is paired with.

You'll be very pleased to see this episode then! ;D
You'll be very pleased to see this episode then! ;D

I'll watch it tomorrow. :smile:
I'm saying this is a variable. They're different, and the techniques to succeed may be different.

Although some teachers on forums say that WJEC is easier...

Is it like Edexcel German but minus the research based essay? You're giving me ideas!!;D

I was talking more of a being able.to do 2 A2s in a year with no other commitments... As opposed to thinking about the actual subjects.

His are different though. So to me I was just answering based on that.

You figured :tongue: German & Anthropology for me :tongue:
I'll most difinitely receive A2 German support (I might even be enrolled for AS+A2) as I've buddied-up with the head of Languages @ college :wink: Other than that I'm enrolled for Anthropology AS, so I'll at least have access to an Anthro tutor when I need someone to mark those overly extensive A2 essay questions :rolleyes:

What exactly is anthropology?:colondollar:

There we go. I think it is doable, but yeah... My opinion doesn't count for.much :lol:
Original post by Bambirina
I don't know this app but I might give it a try then :smile:

Someone gave me a " Helpful linguist " personal rating .. I didn't even know that existed but thank you to whoever gave it to me ! :redface:

:awesome: please do :yep: you'd be my italian buddy :colondollar:
I was talking more of a being able.to do 2 A2s in a year with no other commitments... As opposed to thinking about the actual subjects.

His are different though. So to me I was just answering based on that.

What exactly is anthropology?:colondollar:

There we go. I think it is doable, but yeah... My opinion doesn't count for.much :lol:

:awesome: please do :yep: you'd be my italian buddy :colondollar:

Well off the top of my head...:tongue: Anthropolgy is he study of what it means to be human in diverse societies around the world. It's not a very popular subject...is it even listed on the (in)famous UCL & Trinity A-level suitability lists???

I need a German/Dutch buddy. Im mein tägliches Leben, habe ich gar niemand womit ich diese Sprachen übungen(sp?) kann! :frown: :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Well off the top of my head...:tongue: Anthropolgy is he study of what it means to be human in diverse societies around the world. It's not a very popular subject...is it even listed on the (in)famous UCL & Trinity A-level suitability lists???

I need a German/Dutch buddy. Ich habe gar niemand womit ich diese Sprachen übungen(sp?) kann! :frown: :frown:

I have no idea :redface: so like sociology?

Hmmm... Octo :wink:
I have no idea :redface: so like sociology?

Hmmm... Octo :wink:

yahh like somewhere between Soc and Human Bio research :tongue:
Octo ist immer beschäftigt :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending