The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Had a productive day today, and did a bit of retail therapy so I was feeling more relaxed. But the roadworks have started outside again, and I just want to sleep.
:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Had a productive day today, and did a bit of retail therapy so I was feeling more relaxed. But the roadworks have started outside again, and I just want to sleep.
:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear your day was productive. Ah, I hate it when that happens! Hopefully they quieten down soon. :smile:
Original post by technology
Glad to hear your day was productive. Ah, I hate it when that happens! Hopefully they quieten down soon. :smile:

theyll stop at 6am :frown: itd horrible, right outside currently
Couldn't eat my tea today- was hallucinating and could see insects crawling all over it. :sigh: Really wish this would stop. :cry2:
Reply 5284
Original post by tasha96
Couldn't eat my tea today- was hallucinating and could see insects crawling all over it. :sigh: Really wish this would stop. :cry2:

That sounds quite frightening :hugs:
Reply 5285
I know most of us are going through horrid stuff and its really hard to deal with. Most of my days are so difficlt but sometimes its good to laugh at yourself. I take sometimes take panic attacks through my sleep and last night I woke up about 3am in a panic shouting "who killed my magic fish, my magic fish loves me" Even I can laugh at that.
Reply 5286
Original post by zonkfrog
I know most of us are going through horrid stuff and its really hard to deal with. Most of my days are so difficlt but sometimes its good to laugh at yourself. I take sometimes take panic attacks through my sleep and last night I woke up about 3am in a panic shouting "who killed my magic fish, my magic fish loves me" Even I can laugh at that.

Apparently once when i was abroad staying in a hostel my mate said i mumbled "who poisoned the fish?" repeatedly in my sleep.

The next day someone fell ill a few hours after eating the restaurants fish curry.
Ergh psychiatrist tomorrow. Really scared about what I'm going to say and what she's going to suggest. :frown:

Original post by tasha96

I dunno if this will help but have you tried using your hands to test if it's real? When I hallucinate blood on things the best thing I can do is rub my hands in it then look at the result. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't but it's better than giving in I think. Try picking up one of the insects next time maybe? I know it's scary but it might help. :console:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5288
Original post by james1211
Apparently once when i was abroad staying in a hostel my mate said i mumbled "who poisoned the fish?" repeatedly in my sleep.

The next day someone fell ill a few hours after eating the restaurants fish curry.

Psychic? Or suspicious? :tongue:
Reply 5289
Original post by zonkfrog
Psychic? Or suspicious? :tongue:

Suspicious haha, we'd already stayed a few nights and the food had already been awful :tongue:
Original post by Sabertooth
Ergh psychiatrist tomorrow. Really scared about what I'm going to say and what she's going to suggest. :frown:

just try be as honest as possible with her, and take your ideas about meds to her, and remember she'll want what's best for you, she won't suggest something that's bad or wouldn't work or help you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
That sounds quite frightening :hugs:

It scares me so much. :frown: Especially when things get all muddled up in my head and I start to think it's real. :frown:

I dunno if this will help but have you tried using your hands to test if it's real? When I hallucinate blood on things the best thing I can do is rub my hands in it then look at the result. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't but it's better than giving in I think. Try picking up one of the insects next time maybe? I know it's scary but it might help. :console:

Thank you for the advice! :hugs: I've never tried it before. :nah: Will definitely give it a go if I ever pluck up the courage to try and touch them. They scare me quite a bit. :colondollar: Even if it doesn't stop me seeing them, the reassurance that they're not actually there would make it worth it. :smile:
I really hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! :hugs:
Original post by PonchoKid
just try be as honest as possible with her, and take your ideas about meds to her, and remember she'll want what's best for you, she won't suggest something that's bad or wouldn't work or help you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks yeah...I'm not sure how honest I can be as I'm so scared but my wife is coming with me so she'll probably do a fair bit of the talking.

Original post by tasha96
Thank you for the advice! :hugs: I've never tried it before. :nah: Will definitely give it a go if I ever pluck up the courage to try and touch them. They scare me quite a bit. :colondollar: Even if it doesn't stop me seeing them, the reassurance that they're not actually there would make it worth it. :smile:
I really hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! :hugs:

No problem, I hope it works for you. I realize it's really difficult to start with but it gets easier the more you do it.
Reply 5293

Hope it goes well my friend. Remember she's there to help and wouldn't be doing the job if she didn't want to suggest what's best for you :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am the worst ****ing person in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sultana
You know when you are too ill for people to be able to/want to deal with, yet you need people to stay alive; what do you do? I know I'm no fun to be around and it's right that people avoid me but it doesn't leave me in a very good position.
I have pretty much decided to stay alive until I get to do something cos it is very important to me and given how nothing at all is even vaguely important to me other than my need to not be here I think I should go. But I don't know how to stay alive until then. **** this is bad

:jumphug: People want to deal with you, Sultana (I do for starters, and I wouldn't offer to be here if you want someone to talk to if I didn't mean it), and it's not right for people to avoid you. I've been in the position where people I've been close to have started ignoring me (I presume because of depression), and it's horrible. It's not good for anyone, least of all you.

I'm pleased you've decided to stay alive until then at least (and that superwolf's going to help you!), but like she says, you should stay alive beyond that. I know it is ****ing hard trying to deal with this, but you are, and you should be proud of yourself. I think going to Scotland is being proactive, and maybe it will really help you to deal with your friend's death at least, and maybe that will positively effect everything else. In terms of staying alive until then, reach out for support. As much as it is hard, and as much as I know (and empathise) with how you feel in regards to it in terms of having people invest in you and so on, it is there, and people want to give it. There's this thread and the people here, there's the medical people, there's your friend in Australia, as hard as it is, hopefully it'll help to keep you afloat.

I'm at the end of a PM or Skype (dodgy internet connection permitting... superwolf will back me up on what a pain it's being!) if you want to talk. :smile:

:jumphug:
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Thanks. I may have to, my bestie lives near manchester (Wigan) so could do a bit of visiting as well.

Rat scrumpy is fine, but it's not a suitable replacement for bacon or steaks :nah:

Hmm, this could be bad news - starting to feel like there's some hidden message in my music for me. Logical part of me says no, this stuff was released in the 70's/80's (Whitesnake) and is older than you so can't mean anything, but silly part of brain that would be dying an alcohol related death if it weren't for work keeps saying that logical brain is wrong. Ah well, I've got to do a consultation with gp next week (been 2 months since last one and current med prescription comes to an end in a fortnight), I'll mention it and see if it matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5297
Feel sick. Know i won't sleep tonight. I'm backed into a corner and have no escape routes. Life feels too real.
Original post by bullettheory
I am the worst ****ing person in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all lovely! Please don't think that. You are AWESOME. You have the official TLG Seal of Awesomeness. Therefore you cannot be the worst person in the world :nah: Evil Brain just wants you to think that :yes: Have I told you my Evil Brain theory? Coz come to think of it, if I haven't, it looks like I'm just posting crazy talk :colondollar:
Reply 5299
Oh my god, i haven't been this bad in a long time. Don't know what to do anymore. I've messed everything up, everything. I've blown it.

Latest