The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Hey was just wondering if anybody knows where oral health sciences lectures, seminars etc are held, and which accomodations are the closest to them. Thanks :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 481
anyone doing seondary PE teaching? im conditional firm for it:smile:
Reply 482
also can someone accept me to the facebook group?:smile:
Reply 483
Original post by teddypicker1
Sciennes as well :smile: and I'm studying politics too

do you guys know which flats you are in yet?
Reply 484
Original post by 10pin
do you guys know which flats you are in yet?

If you've received your accommodation offer it says your flat and room number on it.
Reply 485
hi :smile: i firmed for History & Politics UG and i met the conditions but i guess my IB results werent processed yet (although they were at my insurance uni)...

anyone else for H&P? honestly im really nervous but also excitedd, i hope ill fit in (and understand the scottish accent haha)
Original post by Pera
hi :smile: i firmed for History & Politics UG and i met the conditions but i guess my IB results werent processed yet (although they were at my insurance uni)...

anyone else for H&P? honestly im really nervous but also excitedd, i hope ill fit in (and understand the scottish accent haha)

I was an IBer too and I know that a lot of IB results have been processed. My firm processed mine and gave me an UC (St. Andrews)
Reply 487
I got unoconditional Medical Sciences :smile: and I'm gonna live at Ewing House at Pollock Halls. Is anyone here as well?
Hello! I have an unconditional for 'English Literature and History' and will be staying in Turner House at Pollock Halls. Anyone I might bump into?
Reply 489
Original post by Blue Meltwater
Hello! I have an unconditional for 'English Literature and History' and will be staying in Turner House at Pollock Halls. Anyone I might bump into?

I'm doing English Lit and History!! But I'm staying at home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarzed
I'm doing English Lit and History!! But I'm staying at home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh! I really wasn't expecting anyone to reply with that exact combination! Ready for all the exciting reading?
Hi, I have a few questions that have been bugging me and wondered if anyone can offer and insight:

- I won't be turning 18 until January, will this hugely affect my social life, especially in freshers week? Do places let underagers in at all?
- I am staying in halls but will be going back to my home town (20 min train ride away) every weekend to work, will this affect my social life as I won't be able to go out on Friday nights because ill be working?
- Is it true Edinburgh uni gets Wednesdays off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 492
when do we find out what our course timetable is?
Original post by __Milburn
when do we find out what our course timetable is?

Someone posted a link to the page for that earlier on in this thread, though I can't remember where. It does exist though. Sorry if that doesn't help much :tongue:. I've got a a full week myself which will be...energetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arina162
Just got mine via the university mail account. Maybe you have it too :smile:

Yes, it seems a big batch did go out on the 25th - just found one in my student email account too. So for any UF PG applicants (and quite possibly) UF UG applicants, forms should be there for the filling.
Reply 495
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Someone posted a link to the page for that earlier on in this thread, though I can't remember where. It does exist though. Sorry if that doesn't help much :tongue:. I've got a a full week myself which will be...energetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou I will have a look back through the thread! :smile:
Reply 496
Original post by RavenclawRiver
I won't be turning 18 until January, will this hugely affect my social life, especially in freshers week? Do places let underagers in at all?

There's a thread on this somewhere. It's not going to devastate your social life, but it can make things a bit inconvenient. I wasn't 18 until the end of December in my first year, and I got by. You can always get into the unions if you're under 18, and it's frankly not that hard to get a drink there. You might get into pubs, but you'll struggle with going to clubs. But not everything revolves around going drinking!

- I am staying in halls but will be going back to my home town (20 min train ride away) every weekend to work, will this affect my social life as I won't be able to go out on Friday nights because ill be working?

Plenty of people work, but being away all weekend, every weekend, will inevitably have an effect on your social life.

Not really. Traditionally Wednesday afternoons were left free for society events/sports. But that's not really true any more, and many courses will have some kind of class scheduled on Wednesday afternoons.
Hello!
V. silly question:
Is the start date for Edinburgh College of Art in September 2013, the same as the Edinburgh University date? (Arrival w/end 6-7th, Freshers 9-15th.. ect.)

Would really appreciate if someone could get back to me about this!
Thank youuuu
Reply 498
Original post by RavenclawRiver
Hi, I have a few questions that have been bugging me and wondered if anyone can offer and insight:

- I won't be turning 18 until January, will this hugely affect my social life, especially in freshers week? Do places let underagers in at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ament 18 until January either, you won't be the only one in that boat! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 499
It's only slightly offtopic because I primarily mean to ask 1st year Master Edinburgh students anyway, but is anyone coming to the BAAL (British Association for Applied Linguistics) conference this year? It's held in Edinburgh this September, and it would be nice to meet some fellow uni students. :smile: (Im starting at Psychology of Language MSc btw.)

http://www.baal.org.uk/baal_conf.html

Latest

Trending

Trending