The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taci
Stupid question really! About 60% of TSR wants to do medicine! :smile:

haha thats probz true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChronicBoredom
How many people on here are trying to get into medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me :smile:

Original post by Basket case
Even WJEC? Thank you(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WJEC tend to be more stubborn and will give their boundaries on the day or a few days after :smile:
Original post by techno836
me :smile:

WJEC tend to be more stubborn and will give their boundaries on the day or a few days after :smile:

That sucks :frown: considering I had history, English, ICT and something else on it:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MusicNerd
Good call on not doing physics, it was hard enough at GCSE!
I took GCSE geography, and had a really bad teacher so I didn't enjoy it, but It's easy enough and you get to go on field trips so its not too bad!

I reckon when you're doing maths and sciences at A level, you need at least one "easy" subject... just to give your brain a rest! :biggrin:

I know right, I hated all the weird questions I encountered at Triple science. :s-smilie: Lol I remember my Geography field trip to the river....it was raining and hailing and we all kept falling in the river #fun times :biggrin: Ah hah, that is also one of my reasons for choosing English over Physics! It's something I enjoy and (not to brag) my more 'natural' subject. :five:
Original post by techno836
im actually quite confident in English but I wouldn't do it for an A level as I just know i'd get 2 or 3 mardy examiners who can't see my point of view and would give me a terrible mark and ruin my overall grade :lol: I much prefer the sciences and maths where there is a correct answer!

Such is the argument used by my friends :sigh: I guess I love Lit and (not to brag) my most 'natural' subject. What are you hoping to get in Lang/Lit for GCSE? :smile: At the start I thought getting an A* meant being really detailed (urgh my teacher) until a couple of months ago some other teachers took the B/A grade people and taught us about originality and all this stuff I never knew about...It's too late now, so I'm just hoping for As. :redface:
Reply 1264
Yay my school opens at 8:45 am for results!:smile: the sooner the better I hate the wait, atleast now it's only around 22 days:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! I've got to wait until 11am! :frown:
Original post by Taci

Haha, I'll still probably be asleep then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just over 3 weeks guys. Not sure if excited or dreading it:frown:(
Original post by Taci

Same :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dayumm scared out my guts atm..good luck to all of u out there im sure we'll get what we want :wink:
Reply 1269
Original post by Einstein007
Dayumm scared out my guts atm..good luck to all of u out there im sure we'll get what we want :wink:

Yeah! :smile: Keep us updated on your results when you get them!
That sucks :frown: considering I had history, English, ICT and something else on it:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I know :frown: only my English is on it though :smile:

Original post by JustaDreamer
I know right, I hated all the weird questions I encountered at Triple science. :s-smilie: Lol I remember my Geography field trip to the river....it was raining and hailing and we all kept falling in the river #fun times :biggrin: Ah hah, that is also one of my reasons for choosing English over Physics! It's something I enjoy and (not to brag) my more 'natural' subject. :five:

Such is the argument used by my friends :sigh: I guess I love Lit and (not to brag) my most 'natural' subject. What are you hoping to get in Lang/Lit for GCSE? :smile: At the start I thought getting an A* meant being really detailed (urgh my teacher) until a couple of months ago some other teachers took the B/A grade people and taught us about originality and all this stuff I never knew about...It's too late now, so I'm just hoping for As. :redface:

hey its a reasonable argument! :P ... and well I have an A in language but I should get an A* in literature :smile:
Can you see individual results for AQA online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Can you see individual results for AQA online?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like Edexcel ResultPlus? If so, no :no:
Original post by usycool1
Like Edexcel ResultPlus? If so, no :no:

every exam board should have a results plus :fuhrer:
It's just I'm on holiday and don't know when ill get them. Can I get a friend to get them for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
It's just I'm on holiday and don't know when ill get them. Can I get a friend to get them for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know they tell us in our school (we do WJEC) that a friend can pick them up for you as long as you have written a letter to give them permission and as long as you have signed it too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mma_gal96
I know they tell us in our school (we do WJEC) that a friend can pick them up for you as long as you have written a letter to give them permission and as long as you have signed it too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill do that then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Taci
Yeah! :smile: Keep us updated on your results when you get them!

Lol yeah i hope it is something worth sharing haha! Im not the everyday tsr guy who gets like 11A*s and thinks of jumping off a cliff if there's an A :P
Grade boundaries are released a day before the results, right?
Original post by Kill3er
Grade boundaries are released a day before the results, right?

yes :smile: except WJEC usually :smile:

Latest