The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fish Well done, you got 1 out of an attempted 2 out of 3 :tongue:
"wat het had gekocht" is Dutch!

LOL Octopus Hebrew mixed with German!? are you sure they didn't mean Yiddish.

Constantmeowage "Gaan jullie niet naar bed." I'll have to PM you what "Gaan jullie niet in de bed" would mean in that context...=L
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yay, why didnt the Spanish keyboard pick up on it then? It had lo on the end, but not te :colone:

Maybe it was pre-emoting the ending as lo 'I can't understand it' , which is a bit silly. Although it may actually be because you would use the verb 'entender' to mean to 'understand' instead. :smile:
Original post by thatitootoo
Fish Well done, you got 1 out of an attempted 2 out of 3 :tongue:
"wat het had gekocht" is Dutch!

LOL Octopus Hebrew mixed with German!? are you sure they didn't mean Yiddish.

Constantmeowage "Gaan jullie niet naar bed." I'll have to PM you what "Gaan jullie niet in de bed" would mean in that context...=L

I've said something naughty, haven't I? -.-
Original post by constantmeowage
I've said something naughty, haven't I? -.-

Blijkbaar ben jij een ondeugende kat :wink:
Blijkbaar ben jij een ondeugende kat :wink:

Hoe zegt men 'go to bed' in het Nederlands', then? :tongue:
Hoe zegt men 'go to bed' in het Nederlands', then? :tongue:

to go to bed = "naar bed gaan"!
Go to bed! = "Ga naar bed" of "Ga nu onmiddelijk naar bed!"

Dat is hoe wij het zouden zeggen! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM
No eran las tres en Gales? Por qué aún no te habías acostado? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Porque soy cool :wink:
Maybe it was pre-emoting the ending as lo 'I can't understand it' , which is a bit silly. Although it may actually be because you would use the verb 'entender' to mean to 'understand' instead. :smile:

Aah, I was gonna use entender then I thought... Meh, I always use comprender.
Reply 5047
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Porque soy cool :wink:

:rolleyes: If you say so... :biggrin: ¿No estás cansado por privación de sueño?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM
:rolleyes: If you say so... :biggrin: ¿No estás cansado por privación de sueño?

Wait, I can't reply! App going crazy
thatitootoo I very much doubt the guy had ever even heard of Yiddish!
Die Thatitootoo war böse
Without taking the capitalisation of nouns into consideration...
Are you able to differentiate between Dutch and German??

Likee, I can easily recognize French...but I can't tell Italian from Spanish :tongue: (unless I see the word "Italiano" or "Espagnol" written in every other sentence...and that's often the case when Emily, Tess, et al are speaking on here ^^!

I don't speak Dutch and I don't speak German well, but I think I can tell them apart - Dutch has more Js! :wink: And having studied French and Spanish, and Italian a tiny weeny bit, I can tell them apart easily now (not that I once conjugated a Spanish verb in a French way and had my whole French class - 36 people - laugh at me... :L)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I don't speak Dutch and I don't speak German well, but I think I can tell them apart - Dutch has more Js! :wink: And having studied French and Spanish, and Italian a tiny weeny bit, I can tell them apart easily now (not that I once conjugated a Spanish verb in a French way and had my whole French class - 36 people - laugh at me... :L)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool I didn't realise there were so many J's :redface:I thought the obvious would have been the many double vowels for Dutch...and the capitalisation of nouns and higher frequency of umlauts in words for German :tongue: LOL! :tongue: 36 students is HUGE for a regular high school class, let alone a MFL one! :zomg:
Mein Flatscreen funktioniert nicht :frown: jetzt weiss ich nicht sicher, ob ich mein Leben ohne mein Ferseher noch ertragen könnte :frown:
Lool I didn't realise there were so many J's :redface:I thought the obvious would have been the many double vowels for Dutch...and the capitalisation of nouns and higher frequency of umlauts in words for German :tongue: LOL! :tongue: 36 students is HUGE for a regular high school class, let alone a MFL one! :zomg:

That was only one thing I noticed - and now you mention it there are a lot of double vowels. And MFL, either French or German, is compulsory at my school until year eleven, and we are a big class, but we're top set, and when I did w/e in MFL at school I noticed that all the top sets were big classes, and it was the lower sets that were smaller - except my amazing Spanish class, who were an option group, and the ONLY Spanish class in the school. There were eleven of us. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was only one thing I noticed - and now you mention it there are a lot of double vowels. And MFL, either French or German, is compulsory at my school until year eleven, and we are a big class, but we're top set, and when I did w/e in MFL at school I noticed that all the top sets were big classes, and it was the lower sets that were smaller - except my amazing Spanish class, who were an option group, and the ONLY Spanish class in the school. There were eleven of us. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mandatory MFL GCSEs & more 1 on 1 attention in the middle sets :redface:
Looks like your school has given in to the league table pressures which the Ebacc has brought :wink:
Reply 5056

What's most prominent about Dutch for me is the colossal amount of gggg sounds! I don't know what that sound is called... :K

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mandatory MFL GCSEs & more 1 on 1 attention in the middle sets :redface:
Looks like your school has given in to the league table pressures which the Ebacc has brought :wink:

MFL has always been compulsory - for years and years... And maybe it just so happens that lots of people in my neck of the woods are good at languages :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Die Thatitootoo war böse
Die? I've always seen you as more of a der. Is this a discreet announcement of some kind?
MFL has always been compulsory - for years and years... And maybe it just so happens that lots of people in my neck of the woods are good at languages :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do we live on the same side ofthe river Severn? I can't say I've noticed ;D
Sucks if you're not into languages at your l'ecole doee

[QUOTE="Vionar;43747796"]What's most prominent about Dutch for me is the colossal amount of gggg sounds! I don't know what that sound is called... :K

Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL

You're still alive :redface: The gutteral G sound is an absolute delight to pronounce
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending