The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4960
Original post by porridgeandrhi
Hey :smile: What's Noein like? It's one of the few series I have on DVD, but I still haven't got around to watching it:/

Your taste in anime is awesome! Of the series you've mentioned I've seen Black Lagoon, Baccano!, Mirai Nikki and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia :biggrin: They're all pretty high up on my "favourites list". Also watching Watamote - just about to watch the newest ep:smile:

Have you been watching Danganropa of this season?

Noein centres around parallel dimensions and that kind of thing. It has really amazing characters and character-based plot development. The animation is kinda out there, but you get used to it and the fights just look wonderful. Near the middle the pacing drags a little but it just gets better and better as it reaches the end.

I'm not really impressed with Danganronpa. I'm a big fan of the visual novels 999/VLR which have very similar premises to it - and are also outstanding, so maybe having that in my head is making me judge Danganronpa more harshly.
Original post by study beats
any new english dubbed animes?

Dubs aren't my specialty, but going by Amazon, recent UK releases include Kore wa Zombie desu ka?, Steins;Gate, Bakemonogatari, Hidan no Aria and Un-Go. :yes: Might be worth looking under the site's new releases if you want to know what else is out on BluRay/DVD over here; if however you're after *really* new English dubs and would rather stream or import, I guess you could do the same on the US Amazon instead? :dontknow:
Original post by Carecup

Monogatari Needs more ararargi. Good as always.

I didn't realise there was a new series out! Oh wow that's made my day :biggrin:
Had a wander into Forbidden Planet today and because my friend said I 'needed' to watch the anime series I bought a volume of Ai****eruze Baby manga, he'll be getting my wrath if I dislike it :tongue:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Had a wander into Forbidden Planet today and because my friend said I 'needed' to watch the anime series I bought a volume of Ai****eruze Baby manga, he'll be getting my wrath if I dislike it :tongue:

Quick question! How reasonably priced is a Forbidden Planet store compared to the interwebs? There's one which is a half an hour walk from where i'm going to uni so I want to see if it'll be worth the travel :^_^:
Original post by study beats
any new english dubbed animes?

The first episode of Sword Art Online english dub was released on the 27th. =l
Blue exorcist was dubbed recently.
Is this a zombie was also dubbed recently.

Also, some of the second series of Fairy Tail =l
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Quick question! How reasonably priced is a Forbidden Planet store compared to the interwebs? There's one which is a half an hour walk from where i'm going to uni so I want to see if it'll be worth the travel :^_^:

I'm not sure on the whole, only my second visit today but I picked it up for £1 off the sale section where as amazon has it at around £4-5. So today was a random buy on the cheap. Its worth going just to look round anyway :smile:
I'm not sure on the whole, only my second visit today but I picked it up for £1 off the sale section where as amazon has it at around £4-5. So today was a random buy on the cheap. Its worth going just to look round anyway :smile:

That sounds good :yep: My student finance is only £300 a month so the usual £10 for one manga is sort of out of the question outside of guilting people what to get me for Christmas :awesome: Many thanks.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone

I picked up six volumes of the out of print manga series After School Nightmare. Cost me £26 altogether, as they had a 3-for-2 offer. Volume 10 alone sells for £26 on Amazon. :zomg: So there's definitely good deals to be found, especially on older/more obscure stuff, but online sellers tend to be cheaper for stuff that's just been released. :yes:
After trying the Sword Art Online English dub, literally only about 3 minutes in, I have to say, Klein's voice is good given he is a lot older than Kirito (by 8 years), but, I thought of Kirito's voice in the English dub as being a bit more, soft spoken to say the least. =l

EDIT:
Just realised, the guy who voices Kirito is the guy who voices Rin in Ao No Exorcist in the English dub. =l
(edited 10 years ago)
Already had a sneaky look at whats coming up for the next season. Shant say for obvious reasons but i'm not greatly impressed.
Reply 4971
Already had a sneaky look at whats coming up for the next season. Shant say for obvious reasons but i'm not greatly impressed.

Don't blame you, had a look myself last week - looks like the same recycled moe blobs over and over again. I'm only looking forward to Kuroko no Basket S2 and Samurai Flamenco (Director of Baccano! and Durarara!! and Character Designer of UtaPri :drool:). Pupa looks interesting too, might have more of a look into it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Naami
Don't blame you, had a look myself last week - looks like the same recycled moe blobs over and over again. I'm only looking forward to Kuroko no Basket S2 and Samurai Flamenco (Director of Baccano! and Durarara!! and Character Designer of UtaPri :drool:). Pupa looks interesting too, might have more of a look into it.

True true, a lot appears to be actiony which is my main beef :no:
True true, a lot appears to be actiony which is my main beef :no:

I've not looked up the Autumn shows in any detail yet, but while I usually like as much variation as possible, I have to say an action-heavy season doesn't sound so bad after the current comedy-heavy lineup. :p:
Well, you can't watch an entire season's worth of anime, I am sure you will have a few left you won't have seen plus others which are good and you haven't discovered yet. =P
Reply 4975
It's kinda weird how for this season and the previous season almost every show has been one-cour. Other than Titan and Chihayafuru I don't think I've watched any two-cour shows starting this year. Last Autumn I was watching Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Jojo, Sakurasou and SSY.

I want to like Servant x Service, but Hasebe is a total creep to me, I can't like that guy at all. And if he and Lucy are going to be the main driving force of the show... bleh.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Well, you can't watch an entire season's worth of anime, I am sure you will have a few left you won't have seen plus others which are good and you haven't discovered yet. =P

I usually give it my best shot. :p: I currently have 18 weekly series on the go, and that's after watching the first eps of everything and dropping the ones that impressed me the least (or made me laugh the least, as was largely the deciding factor this time around).

I'll admit that some (potentially) good series have slipped under my radar in the past though... I gave Kuroko no Basuke a miss last year, and judging by all the praise and high ratings it has gotten since, I'll have to go back to that. Also Hyouka, which ended up being the Ani-Blogger's Choice Anime of the Year... meh, I can't always be right. :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MJasper
It's kinda weird how for this season and the previous season almost every show has been one-cour. Other than Titan and Chihayafuru I don't think I've watched any two-cour shows starting this year. Last Autumn I was watching Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Jojo, Sakurasou and SSY.

I want to like Servant x Service, but Hasebe is a total creep to me, I can't like that guy at all. And if he and Lucy are going to be the main driving force of the show... bleh.

That's an interesting point. :beard: I've not looked into how many of my summer picks are set to run on into next season, but over the last couple of seasons the only two-cour anime I've watched are the ones you mentioned and Mushibugyou. Having said that, I only picked up two in Spring '12 (Eureka Seven Ao and Phi Brain 2), and the same in Summer (Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse and Sword Art Online). :dontknow:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I usually give it my best shot. :p: I currently have 18 weekly series on the go, and that's after watching the first eps of everything and dropping the ones that impressed me the least (or made me laugh the least, as was largely the deciding factor this time around).

I don't drop after the first episode because otherwise, it would kill it.
I watched Black Butler and if I judged it based on the first episode, I would never have watched the rest which I have to admit is on of the better animes I have seen. =P
Seriously, first episode is crap + infinitely boring.

I usually watch the first 3 episodes of a short anime and 10 for longer ones to give it their best shot. :biggrin:

EDIT:
Same would apply for FMAB because the first 13 episodes = basically FMA condensed into 13 eps. =l
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've not looked up the Autumn shows in any detail yet, but while I usually like as much variation as possible, I have to say an action-heavy season doesn't sound so bad after the current comedy-heavy lineup. :p:

In theory most of them are multi genre so comedy will still be around :wink: maybe i'm just being cynical, i'll wait for your preview and judge as its only my second/third season :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending