The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand the Bale for Ronaldo. Ronaldo plays predominantly left, cuts in hits with his right, Bale is most dangerous off his left foot, which means he's either going to need to come central or play on the right. Either way if you are buying him for goals, you wouldn't restrict him to the left. I wouldn't be surprised if they just want the pair of them, if I was FM'ing it I certainly would. It would be a terrifying threat, Bale and Ronaldo on the break with the likes of Ozil and Modric picking the passes, and Benzema sniffing around the box too.
Original post by doggyfizzel
I don't understand the Bale for Ronaldo. Ronaldo plays predominantly left, cuts in hits with his right, Bale is most dangerous off his left foot, which means he's either going to need to come central or play on the right. Either way if you are buying him for goals, you wouldn't restrict him to the left. I wouldn't be surprised if they just want the pair of them, if I was FM'ing it I certainly would. It would be a terrifying threat, Bale and Ronaldo on the break with the likes of Ozil and Modric picking the passes, and Benzema sniffing around the box too.

To me, it is a no brainer that Real Madrid want both Ronaldo and Bale in the same team, at least for the upcoming season, at least. This 'weak' Barcelona team who secured 100 points last season in La Liga and reached the semis of the Champions League have added Neymar to their attack. A signing like Bale from Madrid is sort of expected, especially after their business during the window so far, seeing the departures of Higuain and Callejon.
Reply 7662
I think we should make a cheeky big for kaka, if we return him to what he was then hed be amazing. We would get him cheap too and can pick out some great passes
He has lost it and mufc are building for the future hence they chased thiago and cesc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JM1987
I think we should make a cheeky big for kaka, if we return him to what he was then hed be amazing. We would get him cheap too and can pick out some great passes

Makes no sense, kagawa and rooney play in his position, both better and more consistent. Rooney's better defensively and kagawa's younger and already better than kaka is currently.

I get the bale signing, so what's the whole point of buying isco. What's going to happen is that there's going to be some good business made if you buy real's players. I reckon alonso's gone at the end of next season on a free. Modric will be a stop gap and kaka will be there picking up money and enjoying the blue lights of madrids bench. I don't get why they're trying to buy two super teams.
Reply 7666
Original post by jam277
I get the bale signing, so what's the whole point of buying isco. What's going to happen is that there's going to be some good business made if you buy real's players. I reckon alonso's gone at the end of next season on a free. Modric will be a stop gap and kaka will be there picking up money and enjoying the blue lights of madrids bench. I don't get why they're trying to buy two super teams.

Isco's competition is Ozil, not Bale (if he moves). I'd expect to see Bale on the right, not through the middle, though those three would be swapping around lots, you'd expect. Ozil seems incapable of finishing 90 mins half the time though, so Isco will get time.
If Tottenham did somehow keep Bale, they'd be dark horses for the league this year. Paulinho and Soldado are two excellent signings for them.
Excluding City & Chelsea, I think Spurs will definitely be our next toughest opponent, especially when you consider how difficult we found them last season. A midfield trio of Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele would definitely make a meal of our Giggs & Carrick partnership :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Perhaphs he's going to play without a true striker at times. I would think they would probably just have Isco and Ozil fighting for the AM position. Yeah, I would agree with the Alonso idea, but Modric I can see him staying. Kaka yeah, he's basically been doing that since he arrived, but he's got history with Carlo. Probably buying them because they are Madrid, and assembling super teams is what they do.

Spurs are rumoured to be doing some great negotiation in the deal too, apparently they are trying to get a pretty big swap as part of the deal too. I've read they've been trying to get Morata as an make weight, although I can't help feeling Di Maria makes infinitely more sense if they are getting a striker anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7670
Its probably because im jealous that we could never have that amount of money to spend but I think its stupid how Real Madrid and Barca as swooping up everyone... So many good players its crazy and with Saldado going to spurs their league is getting worse. Malaga were doing alright but have been torn up this summer. Same with Bayern and their league if they do get lewandowski they have just killed the league again with him and Gotze.

The prem remains the most competitive league in the world with a high amount of great teams with good talent but if only we had a couple of the spare players from madrid we would be fine. We should of struck for isco when at Malaga as soon as possible and should now go for Modric, Fabregas was silly from the start and its a bit embarrassing how we have gone about signings when you look at how city have handled things.
Reply 7671
"Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio insists he has never even considered a move away from the club, and wants to end his career with the Old Lady."
Reply 7672
Original post by JM1987
Its probably because im jealous that we could never have that amount of money to spend but I think its stupid how Real Madrid and Barca as swooping up everyone... So many good players its crazy and with Saldado going to spurs their league is getting worse. Malaga were doing alright but have been torn up this summer. Same with Bayern and their league if they do get lewandowski they have just killed the league again with him and Gotze.

The prem remains the most competitive league in the world with a high amount of great teams with good talent but if only we had a couple of the spare players from madrid we would be fine. We should of struck for isco when at Malaga as soon as possible and should now go for Modric, Fabregas was silly from the start and its a bit embarrassing how we have gone about signings when you look at how city have handled things.

I think your'e being very harsh of Dortmund, they will still challenge for the League and CL even without Goetze and Lewandowski imo, they haven't held back in buying players to replace them.
Original post by JM1987

Only player we have bought is Neymar hardly constitutes as swooping everyone. Might want to blame Madrid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Malevolent
Only player we have bought is Neymar hardly constitutes as swooping everyone. Might want to blame Madrid.
Villa has gone in excahnge too, which helps Atheltico now Falcao has gone.
Reply 7675
Original post by yaboy
I think your'e being very harsh of Dortmund, they will still challenge for the League and CL even without Goetze and Lewandowski imo, they haven't held back in buying players to replace them.

They have sold Gotze, Santana and lewandowski looks on his way out, if they replace them then thats fine but you cant sell your best players to the only rival and expect to compete.

Original post by Malevolent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barca hasnt been too bad but they might get David Luiz aswell but i agree barca havnt been as bad this year but we will see who else they get
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7676
Original post by JM1987
They have sold Gotze, Santana and lewandowski looks on his way out, if they replace them then thats fine but you cant sell your best players to the only rival and expect to compete.

Santana was certainly not one of BVB's best players. Dortmund have signed Mkhitarian to replace Goetze already, and Aubameyang to give them even more firepower. Lewandowski will most likely not be allowed to leave. Sokratis has been signed as a replacement for Santana, and might eventually take over for Subotic (who I think is *******s). It's likely they'll rebuy Sahin and they may still be in the market for a few more players, particularly a LB. They just beat a Bayern side 4-2, albeit a fairly weakened one but not too bad, it's most certainly not over in Germany.
Original post by JM1987

Barca hasnt been too bad but they might get David Luiz aswell but i agree barca havnt been as bad this year but we will see who else they get

Dunno we might according to the tabloids but I don't believe it. We've hardly hoovered them up like Madrid are trying to do with the Spanish youngsters.

Villa has gone in excahnge too, which helps Atheltico now Falcao has gone.

Mhmm hope he does well for them.
Reply 7678
Original post by Sami'
"Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio insists he has never even considered a move away from the club, and wants to end his career with the Old Lady."

Well that shut down that rumour

We ain't getting a new CM, and if we do it won't be anyone near the class we want! I can't even see us getting Fellaini tbh (I don't want us to get him btw)
Original post by xDave-
They just beat a Bayern side 4-2, albeit a fairly weakened one but not too bad, it's most certainly not over in Germany.
I think head to head they are still in it, but over a league season, Bayern just have so much depth and firepower they are going blow the rest of the league away. Its the other games that will cost Dortmund I would think.

Latest